Johan Liebert (Monster) vs. L (Death Note) in a chess game!

Topic started by alternative_backup on Nov. 11, 2013. Last post by taichokage 10 months ago.
Post by alternative_backup (115 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Both characters are in a small place in Düsseldorf, talking and playing a game of chess to know for sure who has the most raw intelligence.

Who will prevail?

Post by SMXLR8 (7,184 posts) See mini bio Level 16

can you move this?

Post by taichokage (13,255 posts) See mini bio Level 20
L in my opinion. Strategically he seemed better than Johan. Psychologically Johan is superior by a mile. But in strict chess L would take it unless Johan put him down so much that L killed himself. Lol.
Post by Kobra678 (3,175 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I haven't seen Monster, how smart is this guy?

Post by bigz007 (1,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Kobra678: He made 50 grown up people to kill themselves just by talking to them... and that is when he was 10 years old. Also, he have a group of mass murderers following his every command, and he is respected from a certain groups as the next Hitler.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,621 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Yohan's level of manipulation is far greater than L's. Unlike L, Yohan didn't have any special organization backing him, he just had his own wits to make him one of the most feared and respected psychopaths in in the world, and that was only to the remote few who knew him. Of those few, I believe all of them were people he let know in the first place. He did more than L and arguably Kira without superpowers or special training. A chess game should go to Johan, especially if he's allowed to speak during the match.

Post by nishi99 (1,690 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@taichokage said:

L in my opinion. Strategically he seemed better than Johan. Psychologically Johan is superior by a mile. But in strict chess L would take it unless Johan put him down so much that L killed himself. Lol.

@taichokage: LOL I just pictured Johan telling L that hes a Emo and to stop solving crimes because its pointless then L killing himself.

Post by ridtom2 (148 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I don't know L is actually, in my opinion, better both strategically and mentally. The only reason he died was because he was faced with Hax death abilities that he couldn't explain to anyone else because they would have thought that he was insane. People forget that, without the Deathnotes powers, Kira wouldn't have stood a chance against L.

Post by CerusSerenade (2,621 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ridtom2: Well obviously, but L is also psychologically disturbed from his past, so Yohan is likely to make L lose and kill himself just by speaking during the match.

Post by taichokage (13,255 posts) See mini bio Level 20
L is better strategically but manipulation/psychologically speaking Johann has him by a decent Margin. He made 50 adults kill each other and made an entire village become paranoid and turned it into a mini war zone. He turned multiple people to suicide or servitude to himself (albeit multiple of the suicides were hindered by outside forces). L doesn't have instances to compare to these.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel