Jiriayah coming back?

Topic started by Gammbitt on Aug. 24, 2012. Last post by UsachanMaN 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by Gammbitt (3 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Does anyone else believe that its possible for him to come back because i do and i would like to see if anyone else believes so

Post by sickVisionz (4,221 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I think Kabuto said that his body was too much of a pain in the ass to retrieve so he probably won't be coming back. At most, Naruto will beat whoever the last boss is and he'll look up and see Jiraiyah smiling and looking proud. Naruto will wipe his eyes to make sure he isn't seeing things and Jiraiyah won't be there anymore.

Post by taichokage (12,457 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I doubt it though it is possible. But as far as Naruto's developement is concerned it wouldn't matter. He has already surpassed Jiraiya in every way (save genjutsu), much like Kabuto and Sasuke have done with Orochimaru, yet interestingly enough, Orochimaru is back, so there is hope.
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 17

if Orochimaru can come back seemingly out of nowhere, there's hope for Jiraya. though it might be different. also, there's always the possibility he isn't really dead. (usually, there's a flashback when someone dies in Naruto. IIRC, Jiraya didn't have one.)

Post by SSJjanemba (2,176 posts) See mini bio Level 11

ya why not? jirayia may have escaped from the water. but its better for him to remain dead or else naruto shippuden would become less dramatic and more like dbz

@Halberdierv2: It's unlikely that Jiraiyah was making Harry Potter Horrorcreauxes like Orochimaru was. Plus, he's been in plenty of flashbacks both during and after his death.

I don't see him coming back under any circumstances, not even as an Edo. Outside of Madara (whom nobody knew), the whole bring back Edo's that people have an emotional attachment to thing was a total and complete failure in every way imaginable.

Post by taichokage (12,457 posts) See mini bio Level 20
But such a method is probably the only way they can take down Madara. He is practically invincible. He is in possession of all the most powerful techniques. EMS, Rinnegan, Mokuton and Kurama if he can extract it back from Naruto. And now he has unlimited chakra and immortality! He literally has the greatest offensive power and the highest level of defense of anyone in the whole Naruto world. He can even use the meteor and Final Susanoo at will and as often as he likes. The way I see it, they will have to use some sort of emotional attatchment on him because there is no other way to kill him. Even the likes of Naruto and Sasuke who are pretty much the top dogs and Modern day versions of the Sage's sons and Hashirama/Madara, are comparably weak.

@taichokage said:

But such a method is probably the only way they can take down Madara.

If Naruto, whose Sage mode is better than Jiraiyah and additionally has two forms significantly stronger than Sage Mode, can't do it, I don't see how Jiraiyah will be much help.

The way I see it, they will have to use some sort of emotional attatchment on him because there is no other way to kill him.

If we're talking about Jiraiyah here, I don't know what attachment he would have to Madara and I certainly can't see the good guys performing Edo Tensei on anyone.

I was hoping

I was thinking that they'd bring him back for random shonen plot --in the last scroll he never used lies the sage's family history -- or some other random shonen plot. or he could come just in time to use "that technique".

Post by UsachanMaN (4,514 posts) See mini bio Level 15

As much as I hope Jiraiya would make a come back, I honestly think it would take away from his gallantry and the significance of his death in the plot. Jiraiya had a good character finale, and I think it should stay that way, otherwise his death wouldnt have held any significance.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel