Japan's Anti-Anime/Manga Piracy Operation

Topic started by takashichea on July 29, 2014. Last post by Falbium_Asmodeus 1 month, 2 weeks ago.
Post by takashichea (12,260 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@Destinyheroknight:

Sometimes, HULU is a bit late and will actually take more than a week. They don't bother announcing it or making a feature notifying your favorite show is updated in Recently My Watched Shows feature. Crunchyroll at least notifies you on the anime channel. See My Main Gripes with HULU thread. I have to make a Crunchyroll grip thread one day.

To add to DHK's world wide issue

@flashback180:

In Europe, simulcast sites have to fight over copy right and licensing. Example would Wakanim UK and Crunchyroll that fight over UK and European countries. Even though we have lots of simulcast sites, the problem is that they are not all universal, so territories are don't get opportunity to check each site due to region locks.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,272 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea:

Yeah, Hulu should really work on that and also they should stop putting ads on the plus members. If I paying for it, I don't want to see any ad :(

Anyway, I found this video from the M.A.G.

Post by Whats_out_the_bag (1,411 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I agree with Dream. But I still don't like piracy within the anime community. This news doesn't effect me once so ever. I buy my anime and manga services/boxsets.

Post by takashichea (12,260 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@Destinyheroknight:

Thanks, I put it in the OP. 5 mins earlier, I was checking ANN's news for today. Saw they posted about this issue with the video.

Post by Falbium_Asmodeus (419 posts) See mini bio Level 9

When it comes to piracy this is what comes to my mind when companies do something like this, piracy has been around since any of us were born and it will still be around long after everyone of us are dead.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel