Japanese anime vs Marvel and DC anime ( not battle )

Topic started by Alpha_Watcher_3000 on Aug. 27, 2014. Last post by sickVisionz 2 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Alpha_Watcher_3000 (199 posts) See mini bio Level 9

which is your favorite ?

the Japanese anime series or the animated movies that are made by Marvel and DC ?

Personally, I like the Japanese anime and the DC animated movies.

Post by Sonata (35,633 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Japanese anime by far, The DC animated series have been wonderful too. Marvel......meh hasn't done much in terms of animated movies, but they don't have to be because of their movies.

Post by flashback180 (1,014 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Anime

Anime has a much wider audience, unlike DC&MARVEL . Manga writers & publishers have a much touher competition.

Most anime are based off manga , there are 100's of new mangas released every year, most never make it to the top. This resulted in giving birth to new creative story/plot, characters, etc..

Usually only the top manga franchise which has already proved itself, make it to the anime.

Since the demand is high the quality is also good & cutting edge . In terms of animation, production, cast etc

Usually amarican comic (animated) movies come under the usual US cartoon production companies and a major chunk of their audience are teens. It's this and other reasons that the quality isn't as good comparatively.

Anime movies on the other hand have a wider range of audience from kids to adults, some movies are based on the anime and know it would be a hit. Ie, have way more funds for the movie.

Post by sickVisionz (4,309 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@flashback180: I think the OP meant like the X-Men anime vs X-men cartoons.

I haven't seen any of the anime series, and I haven't watched a Marvel cartoon since X-Men back on the Fox Kids Saturday morning block. I've seen some of the DC animated movies. They are ok. A lot of them are done by anime studios but they kinda lame it up by not letting them do like any of the stuff that makes animation in anime cool. Sadly, still shots and limited animation are like the only anime things they retain. The action scenes are well drawn but they're super tame like a US cartoon and never get exciting with camera pans and placement like anime can. The actual fight choreography is kinda dull too.

Post by flashback180 (1,014 posts) See mini bio Level 14

even the series comes down with the same conclusion .IMO

Post by DBZ_universe (15,755 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Anime stomps.

There so many shows that are better than DC/Marvel animated series. DC has great series BTW. Teen Titans Go is awesome.

Post by MarioRedfield (1,916 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Well, there's a lot more variety in anime than there is in a single genre of a single company of american animation

I feel like a better match up would be american cartoons or sitcoms, dramas, or just tv shows in general vs animes in general.

Post by GrayWolf2 (383 posts) See mini bio Level 7

While Justice League, Batman, Superman, and X-Men animated series were great there is just so many Anime series that are either as good or better than those were. As others have said just too much variety.

Post by AgentFakku (340 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Anime has more sexier chicks

Post by SMXLR8 (7,542 posts) See mini bio Level 16

TBH there is no facts here just opinions , It's just the way both of them are . Neither of them are better then the other since both have a good and bad to them

Post by taichokage (14,801 posts) See mini bio Level 20
That's all anybody ever gives SMXLR8. Opinion.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,542 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@taichokage: some think what they are saying is fact so yeah

Post by sickVisionz (4,309 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@MarioRedfield said:

Well, there's a lot more variety in anime than there is in a single genre of a single company of american animation

I don't even understand the point of saying this. Of course there is more variety in an entire medium that there is in a single genre from a single company. It would be ridiculous for their not to be. That's like saying there's more variety in music as a whole than in any one genre of music or there's more variety in the entire color spectrum than there is in the color green. Duh, of course there is.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel