It's Time To Pick Another Watch & Learn

Topic started by No_name_here on May 27, 2011. Last post by Zaber 3 years, 2 months ago.
Post by No_name_here (855 posts) Level
Staff

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • STEINS; GATE
  • SLAYERS
  • MUSHI-SHI
  • HAYATE THE COMBAT BUTLER
  • OKAMISAN
  • MITSUDOMOE
  • SOUL EATER
  • FULL METAL PANIC!
  • SCHOOL DAYS
  • OTOME YOKAI ZAKURO
  • CLANNAD
  • MONSTER
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I deleted the double poll. and choose Mushi-Shi ^^
Post by Godot (113 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I want to choose School Days so badly but Tom probably wouldn't get round to the payoff. I choose Monster because it's a fairly intelligent anime that doesn't feature teenage protagonists.
Post by Lurkero (405 posts) See mini bio Level 7
A much as I hate to say it, I vote for Hayate. I would have preferred Sgt Frog, but Funimation took that off their streaming list.

EDIT: Checked and it's back on their streaming list. If only it wasn't too late
Post by sickVisionz (4,256 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Ah man, there's too much good stuff on that list. It came down to School Days, Hayate and Mitsudomoe for me and I voted School Days because 1) it's awesome 2) Hayate is better when you've seen more anime so it's easy for me to hold off on suggesting it to anyone and 3) Mitsudomoe is awesome but if you're gonna watch Panty & Stocking then I think you can hold off on another raunchy, crude comedy.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@sickVisionz:
I voted to that one, too! Because it's a different kind of show that will help Tom get a better feel for fanservice and harem-y stuff and the fact that I haven't seen it yet!
Post by buhssuht (223 posts) See mini bio Level 19
tough choices
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,322 posts) See mini bio Level 12

MONSTER!!!!!!!!
Post by zaldar (1,247 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Steins gate all the way.  One of the best anime shows I have seen.
Post by Vinceborg (18 posts) See mini bio Level 5
Wait, does Full Metal Panic include The Second Raid?
I'm voting for it regardless though.
Post by Wandering_Idiot (17 posts) See mini bio Level 7
The problem is, I'd like to recommend some of these but only up to a certain point.  Soul Eater is pretty great if you only watch up to shortly after they fight the Kishin, and for Full Metal Panic I always recommend watching the first arc (and maybe the last arc) of the first season, and then skipping ahead to Fumoffu.
Post by eldiax (130 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Vinceborg said:
Wait, does Full Metal Panic include The Second Raid? I'm voting for it regardless though.
Same question here. I think Tom would really like TSR. Voted for Full Metal Panic! anyway because it is an awesome show.
Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I voted for OKAMISAN even though it looks like it won't win. Oh well...
Yeah steins gate still in the lead!!!  How long is the poll going for?
Post by Sonata (35,313 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Some good choices, but I said School Days, just see your reactions to itXD

Post by wayintothe7thart (1,079 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Too many good things to pick, so I pick one didn't watch. Clannad.
Post by Gaff (213 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Voted for Mushi-shi.

And looking at the poll: Nice boat. But, seriously?
NO STEINS GATE FALLS BEHIND!!!  MUST GET BACK ON TOP IT MUST@@!!!
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Sonata:
I went ahead and marathoned it. I was at a loss for words because I was so jacked about the ending. A huge "WTF" episode. I also voted for it here.

Not liking how some of the voting is going because there are some crap and uninteresting shows getting votes because people somehow like them. But that's my opinion and I've done my part in the vote so time will tell whether I'll follow Tom's articles of the winning series.
Post by Daroki (86 posts) See mini bio Level 9
There's a lot of good things on the maybe list, but I had to vote for "Monster" which I think is one of the best series I've ever watched.  But you're not going to go wrong with Full Metal Panic or Steins;Gate (if you liked Chaos;Head, or maybe even if you didn't).   

And School Days?  Really?  I mean, "nice boat" and all, if you're going to shock and awe, at least go with something like Texhnolyze.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel