is this the reason why the baki anime was canceled?

Topic started by Killer_of_trolls on March 1, 2012. Last post by Killer_of_trolls 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Killer_of_trolls (1,563 posts) See mini bio Level 11

maximum tournament ended after Yuujiro conquering america flashback, and there was no closure to the plot.

and I remember one time animevice wrote something about censorship, and how natzi symbols were changed from the manga in the anime.

was the reason for cancelling the baki anime politics?

I mean I recently started to continue in the manga where the anime left off(starting with Son of Ogre), they have appearances of Goerge W. Bush, J.F.K, Che Guevara, as characters, and other famous people. and they use real life concepts there.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,377 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

@Killer_of_trolls:

It probably just didn't do to well. The censorship isn't the problem, if the anime doesn't make money it wouldn't last to long.

Sadly most good anime don't last long

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Killer_of_trolls:

The anime really fell apart in the second season if you ask me. It got "supernatural" in a too extreme way and strayed form the original format of being a good show about the many martial art styles of the world. I'm personally glad FUNi gave it to me for free so I didn't have to buy it.

@sotyfan16: what have you been watching?! it was an uncanny supernatural fantasy from the start, ancient race of spirtual gorrilas(Yash), Hanyama crushing cars like butter, triggering endorphins by twisting your ear. even the end of the first anime which has Yuujiro stopping an earthquake with a single punch.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Killer_of_trolls:

I must have ignored a lot of the initial supernatural stuff since I focused almost solely on the martial arts. And I always thought he father was some unnatural beast anyways (besides him really being so). Guess I was fixed in thinking the show was more realistic.

@sotyfan16: nah man, what you thought at first, was perfectly acceptable. although, every character/technieqe/event/quote/... in the franchise is based on either on scientific theories, or are really current real life facts. to get what I mean you have to read the mangas(preferably chronologically), also if you want to check out the side-story mangas such as scarface, for fun. personally I think it was the most educational manga I ever read, and it on my top 5 list.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel