Is there a "superman" in anime/manga?

Topic started by SMXLR8 on Nov. 25, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,734 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@MarioRedfield said:

@DBZ_universe: I still have to disagree, Dr. Slump was just annoying. I'm a hardcore Dragon Ball and never even heard of Arale or Dr. Slump until Tenkaichi 3.

wow... I've known about Arale since I was a kid.. and other Toriyama works.

Also how is Dr. Slump annoying? I think is awesome! any DB fan would agree.

Post by SMXLR8 (7,254 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Online Now

@Turambar: no

Post by MarioRedfield (1,803 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@DBZ_universe: Obviously not, I'm a DB fan and I don't like it.

@MarioRedfield: But why? if you don't mind me asking...

@DBZ_universe: I'm not a fan of the little girl having a God complex thing.

@MarioRedfield: But you are totally ok with Supes having god like strength?

@DBZ_universe: He's Superman. He's been here for 74 years and has earned anything he has. He's one of the most well known characters of all time and it's not like he's some nobody who just showed up in recent years to blow away characters who have been impressive for decades like *cough* Sentry. Secondly last time I checked Superman doesn't break the sun in half or jump up and down and make planets rumble as well ripping the pages of his own comic books. Arale is one of those characters that no one can beat for that purpose. She's like Squirrel Girl. She's just un unnecessary. It wouldn't bother me so much if every time I've ever seen her brought into a debate people take her so seriously and say she's the most unstoppable thing ever.

@MarioRedfield: How is Arale a nobody? I have to disagree on that. So are you also implying this to Goku since he came after Arale? Is not my fault that she is crazy strong... blame Akira-sama.

Also her series is a gag manga.... so that means all the stuff she does is totally acceptable.

@DBZ_universe: No because Goku doesn't have an unstoppable God complex and has the crap beaten out of him many times... when did I blame you? Arale isn't that popular an she doesn't have as large of a fanbase as Dragon Ball Z does.

No it's not. Like I said Squirrel Girl is virtually the same and I still don't like her. It's not like I'm not entitled to an opinion

@MarioRedfield: Yep it's a gag manga... Akira-sama said so him self.

Also ama drop this since is not gonna go anywhere...

@DBZ_universe: Oops, yeah I meant yeah it's a gag manga, but that doesn't justify the craziness. my bad there

@MarioRedfield: Gag=cartoon... so it does make sense of all the stuff she does in her series.

@DBZ_universe: It's still pretty stupid the stuff she does. I don't even thinks Bugs Bunny does half of that

@MarioRedfield: No, she is not as strong as Bugs Bunny... Bugs has more Toon Force than her.

Bugs can become faster than light if he wants to.... makes the Omniverse into cookie and eat it... Bugs>Omnipotents.

@DBZ_universe: Has Bugs actually done that though

@MarioRedfield: When he was fighting the champion, he cut the clip... he has broken the 4th wall so many times.. he can be the author... with his level of Toon Force, anything is possible. Bugs can make 1 + 1 = -10 if he wants to... Bugs can make Gohan's power level into 0.. he can make outmatch Kal-El in strength.. like I said Toon Force>ALL

@DBZ_universe: He can only do what that writer of the episode wants him to do. Everything he does would be labled as PIS

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,986 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@DBZ_universe: LOL I hope you're joking about toon force being the best. Toon Force is only effective in the characters cartoon and is influenced by the writer. If Bugs Bunny walked in DBZ he would get raped.

@MarioRedfield: True. lol.. writer>Bugs.

@SpeedForceSpider said:

@DBZ_universe: LOL I hope you're joking about toon force being the best. Toon Force is only effective in the characters cartoon and is influenced by the writer. If Bugs Bunny walked in DBZ he would get raped.

Actually toon force is only effective if it's funny... if it's not, I doubt it would work..

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel