Is there a "superman" in anime/manga?

Topic started by SMXLR8 on Nov. 25, 2012. Last post by DBZ_universe 1 year, 8 months ago.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,724 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Just as the question asks is there character in anime/manga that is a superman of anime/manga. Some say goku But i say NO it's just not right it has to be someone else, well what do you people think?

Post by waybig1010101 (4,091 posts) See mini bio Level 14

goku is like the superman of anime but if you don't think so i have to ask if your talking about superman's background, behavior or your talking about his abilities.

@waybig1010101: no like like status someone people can look up too as for goku yeah a superman copy unlike other superman copies in marvel and DC goku is a bad choice

@SMXLR8: their a lot of heros but none of them can match superman the only one i know who comes to mind is goku and still the feats superman has done since his in a comic book are more and better feats. but if you look hard enough im sure their others but none of them are an icon like goku is in anime/manga as well as superman is an icon in comic books.

@waybig1010101: there would be or at least close enough like may be a few characters

Post by MarioRedfield (1,921 posts) See mini bio Level 12

It is Goku. They have the same boyscoutish personality (for the most part), same exact background, similar cultural status, etc.

Post by Kuro_San (1,352 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@MarioRedfield said:

It is Goku. They have the same boyscoutish personality (for the most part), same exact background, similar cultural status, etc.

This, the only differences they have can come from their original races, Goku is more Battle Oriented Space Barbarian, while Superman is smarter. And partially their upbringing, Son Gohan mostly taught him to fight and some manners, while the Kents where better parents...

@MarioRedfield: like i said not really i mean sure in story kind of but that is it

@SMXLR8: Well, Superman is one of a kind and no anime character even comes close to him. But if you ha to choose one, then it would be hands down Goku. Goku is one of the most popular anime characters of all time, similar to how Superman is one of the most popular comic book characters of all time. They have similar personalities like how Goku doesn't like to kill, and even though he does on occasion... well, it's not like he's exactly like him. They're both from a dying planet and are considered to be the last of their species even though there are other survivors from the planet also. They were both raised by humans and think of themselves as such, they're both humble, good-natured, and flat out innocent. There are plenty of differences, but they have many similarities. It's obvious Toriyama liked Superman, which is ironic considering how many DBZ fans seem to hate Superman. Goku just in so many ways is the anme version of Superman. I understand you don't like him, but Goku is pretty much the anime Superman if there is one.

Also, look at all the comparisons of other characters:

Vegeta- General Zod

Broly- Doomsday H'el

Chi Chi- Lois Lane (Although Lois Lane is a much, much better character in my opinion)

Frieza- Brainiac

Cell- Cyborg Superman

Babidi- Mr. Mxyzptlk

Some of those might be a little far fetched, but the Vegeta and Broly comparisons are spot on.

@MarioRedfield: well still no i get what your saying but goku is copy cat to superman if there was a anime justice league goku just can;be in supermans spot i say there are many anime character that add up to superman in anime not one

@SMXLR8: how can their be an anime justice league animes characters are in different worlds from each other compared to comic book heros but i wouldn't hate the idea of an anime league. in fact i might make a topic about who would be the best anime characters to be in an anime version of the justice league.

and i think i understood what your saying but anime characters and comicbook characters tend to be too different to really replace each other in their stories. for example goku would have killed some villians in superman where superman would never do.

yes their are characters out their that are superman like its just goku has biggest name( that is superman like) to match superman's name.

@waybig1010101: no he does not goku does not equal superman it has to be others = one superman

@SMXLR8: ur looking for someone who's as powerful as superman ok which one and i'll see if i can give you a name or two.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Babidi- Mr. Mxyzptlk

LOL! no!

@waybig1010101: no just someone people can look up too you know status wise

@SilverGalford:

Some of those might be a little far fetched, but the Vegeta and Broly comparisons are spot on.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,887 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Yep... his name is Suppaman from Dr. Slump..

Arale's earth breaker
Arale's earth breaker

@DBZ_universe: He doesn't fit the bill at all. He's just a poor imitation and a failed attempt at a laugh.

@SMXLR8: no anime character can reach superman but i go look for some names would u mind if you give me some characteristics of superman that you would like to see and so that i can go to find the characters.

@waybig1010101: hmm well good nature , strong and fast, knows how to be a real hero, a symbol of justice

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel