Is The Truth (FMA) Omnipotent?

Topic started by DBZ_universe on May 19, 2012. Last post by solesamurai 1 year ago.
Post by DBZ_universe (15,385 posts) See mini bio Level 17
Online Now

So I decided to go to the FMA wikia to look at Truth page and it says that Truth's abilities are omnipotent...

So what do you guys think?? is Truth Omnipotent?? or not??

my opinion is yes.

also this is my first topic in about a year..

Post by AweSam (13 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Technically it is. Truth is the being that would pretty much be considered a god, in a way. When Father absorbed it, he held enough power to literally drain the life out of someone and even create a tiny sun out of nothing. As far as his powers go, they were limitless. Father's only weakness was his mortal body. So pretty much, Truth would be omnipotent, omniscient, omnilingual, and (possibly) omnipresent.

Online Now

@AweSam said:

Technically it is. Truth is the being that would pretty much be considered a god, in a way. When Father absorbed it, he held enough power to literally drain the life out of someone and even create a tiny sun out of nothing. As far as his powers go, they were limitless. Father's only weakness was his mortal body. So pretty much, Truth would be omnipotent, omniscient, omnilingual, and (possibly) omnipresent.

I don't think Father absorbed Truth... or else he would had known who he was when he was at the portal.... he possibly sucked what was inside the Gate... that's my thought to it... so I can be wrong.

@DBZ_universe said:

@AweSam said:

I don't think Father absorbed Truth... or else he would had known who he was when he was at the portal.... he possibly sucked what was inside the Gate... that's my thought to it... so I can be wrong.

There was nothing in the gate. Truth most likely let itself get absorbed by Father. If it was supposed to be some sort of god, then I'm sure it knew the outcome.

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@AweSam said:

There was nothing in the gate. Truth most likely let itself get absorbed by Father. If it was supposed to be some sort of god, then I'm sure it knew the outcome.

but thats the thing. Theres no proof that the truth IS an omnipotent god and the fact that it got absorved by father is proof of its limited power

Post by Elfenlied1012 (557 posts) See mini bio Level 15

M: People toss around the word proof too easily. Theoretically if he is omnipotent it doesn't mean he will do anything about anything. One can sit there and let someone else stab them, but it does not prove that he couldn't have prevented it.This could explain the Truths inaction when Father absorbed him. Since, as its name suggests it, the truth is well just a being representing all possibly knowledge one could possibly see that as a reason to suspect it might be. I think it is limited in power to just what humans have the potential to discover. I dont have evidence to back it up but thats the impression I get.

Online Now

@AweSam: behind the gate is limitless knowledge....

@Haofan123: you do have a good point.

@Haofan123 said:

@AweSam said:

but thats the thing. Theres no proof that the truth IS an omnipotent god and the fact that it got absorved by father is proof of its limited power

Like I said, technically it is omnipotent. The author explained that Truth was somewhat a "hollow version of oneself". In a way, it would be omnipotent within the the mind of the person (where it exists). To e honest, when I think about it, it's possible Father simply absorbed whatever was in the gate. This would make for an interesting debate.

Online Now

@AweSam said:

@Haofan123 said:

@AweSam said:

Like I said, technically it is omnipotent. The author explained that Truth was somewhat a "hollow version of oneself". In a way, it would be omnipotent within the the mind of the person (where it exists). To e honest, when I think about it, it's possible Father simply absorbed whatever was in the gate. This would make for an interesting debate.

Yes it would be interesting.... like I said if Father really took over Truth then why didn't he know who he was when he was at the Gate?? so yes Father might of only absorbed what was behind the gate

Post by KingOfAsh (1,322 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@AweSam said:

http://fma.wikia.com/wiki/Eye_of_God

Online Now

@KingOfAsh: Yeah the Gate is very powerful too. I do believe the Gate and Truth are the same as well.

tho the 2003 version is different.

I hear Berserk and Bastard!!! also have God characters (other than Dark Schneider and Satan, of course). Hao with/in the Great Spirit is omnipotent, though it's not known if he retains his powers out of them. Though Bastard has various galaxy/universal level characters, Berserk, Fullmetal Alchemist and Shaman King only have one omnipotent type character. Any other animes that do this? Also what is the God from Berserk and Bastard!!! called?

Post by solesamurai (1,250 posts) See mini bio Level 8

There can only be 1 omnipotent being per verse. There can never be more than 1, if there is then they are not omnipotent.

@solesamurai said:

There can only be 1 omnipotent being per verse. There can never be more than 1, if there is then they are not omnipotent.

Why not? Surely someone is allowed to imagine two or more omnipotents?

No because if they are omnipotent they have no equal. There can not be 2 omnipotents because there cannot be 2 endings and beginnings. Or creators of all things.

@solesamurai: There's a difference between omnipotent and omniscient (I meant omnipresent).

On the topic subject, The Truth is definately an omnipresent.

Not really there is a difference but there isn't at the same time. Omniprensence implies that they are everywhere at the same time, where as omnipotent powers include omnipresence

@solesamurai: Ok then. But (in terms of storywriting this is) couldn't omnipotence change depending on what the creator says? An ultimate darkness and and ultimate light could both be omnipotent.

No omnipotence is always considered to be 1 being. Who is the most influence over their verse. He can't have an equal, but you cannot equal omnipotence. And light and darkness aren't omnipotent elements at all. As they can be corrupted.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel