Is Naruto weak without Kurama/Kyuubi?

Topic started by NarutardKiller on Oct. 10, 2013. Last post by Dream 6 months ago.
Post by NarutardKiller (49 posts) See mini bio Level 8

I want to know is Naruto strong or weak without Kyuubi, give reasons and justify them.

Post by UltimateHero0406 (5,041 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@NarutardKiller: Eh, kinda. I mean Kurama forms the majority of Naruto's powers. The fact that the vast majority of his chakra comes from the fox is also a factor meaning that without him, Naruto couldn't spam his clones and over the top rasen variations any more.

Naruto still has Sage mode, but that's nothing compared to the full Rikudou mode he gets from Kurama.

Post by sickVisionz (4,288 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Weak? No. Weaker? Yes.
Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,906 posts) See mini bio Level 13

He'd still probably be around Jonin level in base and a little higher with Sage mode but relatively speaking yes he would be considerably weaker, winning the current war wouldn't have even been an option with that amount of power loss

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,939 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@ImDictatorBowDown said:

He'd still probably be around Jonin level in base and a little higher with Sage mode but relatively speaking yes he would be considerably weaker, winning the current war wouldn't have even been an option with that amount of power loss

Pretty much this.

Post by taichokage (13,270 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Kakashi said that he had around 5x the chakra he did without using the Kyubi pre sage mode. But he also mastered sage mode when Jiraiya could not. Plus he has very impressive summonings and clone usage. He managed to beat most of Pain's paths without the Kyubi. I'd say he's low-mid end kage level and he is probably stronger than any of the current kage besides Onoki who is pretty much the exception to everything among the current kage. even without Kurama. But with him he's second only to the legends like Madara and Hashirama.
Post by NarutardKiller (49 posts) See mini bio Level 8
@taichokage:  

I can't exactly remember, but I think I saw Naruto using his Rasengan during part 1 when he was a kid and it could only do some damage to a tree, later on when he fights Sasuke it blows through a water tank thingy, So I was wondering does his Rasengan get stronger as HE gets stronger or does it just mean he adds more chakra into it or something.
Post by LHWKnight (2,733 posts) See mini bio Level 12

no, but he would be a lot weaker

Post by takashichea (12,274 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I forgot to move this in the Naruto forum.

Post by Dream (7,612 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

His normal chakra reserves are higher than average for a shinobi and his feats in Sage Mode against the Peins should put him easily above anyone at jounin-level. However if his capabilities without Kurama were at that level during the Great Shinobi War, then the Shinobi Alliance wouldn't be faring so well against Obito and Madara's armies.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel