Is it too late to start one piece and bleach.

Topic started by wwfunderaker on Feb. 7, 2010. Last post by John_Martone 4 years, 10 months ago.
Post by wwfunderaker (485 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Since both of these have over 400 chapters and episodes, do you think i should start with them or just forget about it?
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I would only start one for now. watch the first few episodes of both, Decide which one you find more interesting, and begin watching that. Once you get to ep 200-250, you can start the Other one.
Post by Luffy (166 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I fully recommend watching One Piece the whole way through, movies included.
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7
of course not
Post by Sigue (860 posts) See mini bio Level 8
I would suggest reading the manga to catch up and if you're interested in the anime, you can just start from the most recent episode. Trying to watch the entire anime would take forever, while the manga goes much faster. The mangas are also better, since they don't have to kill time to avoid catching up with source material. You wouldn't know that from the pace Bleach is going at, though...
Post by AgentJ (1,545 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Read them each. It only took me about a week to bridge the gap between what I had already read of one piece to where they are now, and the rest shouldn't be too hard. Since I've been up on Bleach since close to its inception, I couldn't tell you how hard that would be.
Post by Kas (1,178 posts) See mini bio Level 18
For me One Piece would seem somewhat harder to keep up with than Bleach. Seeing that Bleach is only on episode 256, while One Piece is on 436.
Post by Luffy (166 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I've just started watching Detective Conan and fully intend to go the whole way through.  It's going to take effing forever, but I do plan to finish it.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
One of these days I want to watch One Piece and read the manga.
Post by Matte (181 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I started off watching 2 years ago and stopped a little after eps 300-something right after the Enies Arc.  Gonna plan on watching a marathon run soon, and it will be glorious.  The numbers are a bit intimidating, but once you get hooked it's like crack!  Good CRACK!
Post by DeviousRobert (26 posts) See mini bio Level 4
I'd say so, especially for me.  That many episodes to a series, especially given that it's ongoing, is ridiculously daunting.  They seem very week-to-week, and viewing them in marathon sessions would only serve to point out just how drawn out and redundant they are.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@Sigue said:
" I would suggest reading the manga to catch up and if you're interested in the anime, you can just start from the most recent episode. Trying to watch the entire anime would take forever, while the manga goes much faster. The mangas are also better, since they don't have to kill time to avoid catching up with source material. You wouldn't know that from the pace Bleach is going at, though... "
This. While watching does have a really solid feel in many cases. I think Bleach has some really, really terrible filler. So, unless someone puts together a guild of when and where to skip filler (plus a little time checking the wiki, since Bleach filler makes up a lot of stuff)

Reading it would be on your terms though.

@DeviousRobert said:
" I'd say so, especially for me.  That many episodes to a series, especially given that it's ongoing, is ridiculously daunting.  They seem very week-to-week, and viewing them in marathon sessions would only serve to point out just how drawn out and redundant they are. "
I dunno, viewing is not entirely out. since, being the viewer with 300+ episodes, you can decide when and how to skip, fast forward. I only really mind drawn out, redundant things when I am forced to sit and wade in it. Hence the reason I watch shows like Lost and such on DVD.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel