Is Garp a mountain buster?

Topic started by ImDictatorBowDown on Aug. 29, 2013. Last post by taichokage 1 year, 2 months ago.
Post by ImDictatorBowDown (2,212 posts) See mini bio Level 13

It may be hyperbole/ character statement, but on the off chance that it is true, then OP top tiers may have a jump in feats

Just curious as to hear others opinions on it

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,379 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Sigh, wish I didn't see this, can't wait for Monday to read this

Anyway, did they show him destroy the eight mountains? If not, it should be hyperbole (but base on high level One Piece characters feats, it might be true)

Post by taichokage (14,819 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Well it wasn't shown, but Garp being a mountain buster is not only believable but appropriate for someone on par with the Ex Fleet Admiral and Rival of the Former Top Pirate. Chinjao cracking a continent though, I wonder. I think there could be a translation mix-up or serious hyperbole. Maybe island or landmass would he a more appropriate word. Because were that the case, Garp could not have even come close to winning that clash.
Post by phantomrant (1,444 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@taichokage said:

Well it wasn't shown, but Garp being a mountain buster is not only believable but appropriate for someone on par with the Ex Fleet Admiral and Rival of the Former Top Pirate.

Pretty much this. Garp is a top tier (most of whom haven't even shown their full powers yet). It's really not a surprise that he obliterated a mountain.

What is important is the size of the mountains (if it's a Bleach mountain, then maybe that statement isn't as impressive as the vibe it gives off....)

Post by othus12 (7,706 posts) See mini bio Level 13

garp is a mountain buster. that's obvious. specially prime garp.

Post by bigz007 (1,105 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Sorry for going off topic but another thing caught my eye in this chapter. Chinjao was hiding his treasure in some place where you need to be strong enough to open it. Maybe same thing happen with One Piece treasure. Maybe Gol D. Roger also hid his treasure somewhere where you need to break through to get it. I mean, it must be explained why no one else manage to find it for 20 years.

Post by taichokage (14,819 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Actually a good point. I've been thinking similarly that there are conditions to obtain the treasure, but more on a worthiness basis. The thing that made me think this is because Whitebeard told Blackbeard right before the end that he would not be the person Roger was waiting for. Similarly, Shanks and Buggy being crew members ought to know at least what island one piece was left on, yet the Emperor and new Warlord have failed to obtain it. I'm sure Rayleigh knows the secret but he had no inherent interest after Roger died.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel