Is CIS and PIS needed in anime/manga?

Topic started by SMXLR8 on Feb. 10, 2014. Last post by taichokage 6 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by SMXLR8 (7,122 posts) See mini bio Level 16

Just wondering if it's needed and how much is needed to make a good story

Post by bigz007 (1,089 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@SMXLR8: Of course it's needed if a story is poorly developed.

Post by Vapovile (1,930 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I'd say it is needed, since when you get to some of the higher tier characters like DBZ, the stakes literally couldn't be raised if they all planet busted with every ki blast. Plus, PIS can show some character development that maybe couldn't be seen if the character is always at 100%.

Post by Dream (7,472 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Depends on how the story is developed. If said induced stupidity is used to purposely leave certain characters out of a conflict or a character gets a random power-up/ ability they pull out their ass, then I'd call bollocks. If the induced stupidity is necessary to reveal major elements to the plot or a character, then it would be a necessity to make them more fleshed out.

Post by Haiken (1,045 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@SMXLR8: Just wanna say, Actually what you call PIS is originally/officially called Deux ex machina or DEM.. you can search that if you want, on wikipedia :D

Post by taichokage (12,989 posts) See mini bio Level 20
If aggressively written then I suppose it is. It happens in most every popular fiction, some more than others.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel