Is anyone following one-punch man?

Topic started by Reincrystal on Oct. 11, 2013. Last post by taichokage 9 months, 1 week ago.
Post by Reincrystal (42 posts) See mini bio Level 7

It's pretty much the story of a man with superman-like abilities if he had been born in a shonen tier world. (hilarity ensues)

The series ranges from hilarious to grimdark (depending if saitama is there to save the day) but i definitely recommend giving it a read.

So any other one-punch fans?

Post by takashichea (10,898 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Reincrystal:

Since you're new, Anime Vice doesn't allow links to illegal scanlations site. Just to let you know.

@takashichea: Actually the series is a webcomic, so he doesn't actually sell it. Does that change anything?

@Reincrystal:

Not exactly. Those scanlation sites help fans and wiki editors, but they don't help the creators. The creators aren't making any money on their work that's illegally posted without their permission on the web.

@takashichea: Ahh, ok. I'll remember that from now on.

@Reincrystal:

It's okay. So, anything special about this manga series? I haven't read it, but it looks interesting.

@takashichea: Well, it's definitely unusual. When reading it, you sorta get the same feeling as the early parts of rurouni kenshin, where you knew kenshin would curbstomp the baddies. The series has some great fights, but they are mostly from characters who aren't Saitama (his apprentice, the other heros) The artwork is amazing, really top tier. But yeah, it's kind of funny seeing a character with superman level powers, trying to deal with characters who belong in a shonen level series. I would definitely give it a read if you have some extra time.

Post by phantomrant (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 10

oh im definitely following the manga series and the webcomic series.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,656 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@phantomrant: I didn't know there was a web comic Is it different from the manga?

Post by phantomrant (1,290 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@ImDictatorBowDown said:

@phantomrant: I didn't know there was a web comic Is it different from the manga?

Not exactly different. The webcomic is the original canon, where as the manga just adapts it. There're not a lot of differences aside from filler/extra chapters.

The scanlations for the webcomic starts at exactly the most recent chapter for the manga.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,170 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@takashichea:

It a really interesting read, it about hero (who just being a hero for fun) Saitama fighting powerful monsters and saving people lives. But he beat everyone in one punch (it sound boring, but it is not)

The other super heroes and villains are unique and the art and story is amazing (I only read the Shonen Jump one). The manga is in the US Shonen Jump online magazine now, you can read the first chapter in the free preview

I really do hope the Manga come out over here

Also their are a lot of these scenes

@phantomrant: Yeah, it seems like a pretty straight adaption, but the manga has much better artwork. The funny thing is, both of them are continuing at the same time.

Post by katmic (306 posts) See mini bio Level 10

I love one punch man; i have been reading it for a few weeks now. AS uninterested as i was at first, it hooked me pretty easily. In a way it is so silly that it's good. And the art is sometimes really amazing, specifically this one chapter (15) when saitama and his side kick are training in the desert. It's like i was reading anime only it wasn't moving.

Post by Quentin_Kensington (6 posts) See mini bio Level 7
It's over the top, completely ridiculous, rather cheesy and super badass. I love it haha.  
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@katmic: Yeah, like destiny posted, some of the scenes are so well drawn and consistent, that people make gifs out of them.

Post by taichokage (12,628 posts) See mini bio Level 20
It's great. A breath of fresh air in a sense. Haven't seen another series quite like it. I've been following it since last winter.
Post by KingOfAsh (1,331 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I'm following it. Hopefully they make a live action (japanese) movie of it; would be hilarious to see some guy dressed in spandex exploding monsters by punching them.

Post by taichokage (12,628 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Yeah. It has the makings of a good live Action movie. Maybe it can be done right for once.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel