in terms of powers/abilities are manga more creative then comics?

Topic started by fireking on May 12, 2014. Last post by SilverGalford 3 months ago.
Post by flashback180 (675 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

lol manga/animes always.

manga has a creative edge that US or western comics doesn't , they bring different culture and superstition i.e new power sets.Mixing this with normal western comics gives some epic animes naruto,bleach etc..

and there more manga characters than comics so that plays a part too ,there is a need to be original in the manga world that makes the character stand out. unlike comics.

comics on the other hand keeps ripping off of each other its a open truth everyone knows this ,so many. DC makes a character marvel copies it vice verse. And rewrite the same character over and over again even after 70 years -_-...let the man die in peace already

Post by DBZ_universe (15,725 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Tsukihiko from Plug in Girl has a very cool power!

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@Destinyheroknight said:

@SilverGalford:

No, not all Manga use spiritual energy.

It like saying, Comics just add radiation for everything

I don't know what "cosmic cube too much?" Mean. It just an cube that give the used ultimate power, not really that creative in my opinion

it's the same thing, weapons, swords robots , pistols, spiritual beings, those things DC and marvel have. the japanese just added more names and more techniques, like if you need to say a word (unless you are a magician) to cast or blast something.

there isn't an object in jojo bizarre that is like the cosmic cube ?

Yoshimori Sumimura's powers!

like a nem, ki ,chi, chakra, reiatsu user . same concept , different names . adding names doesn't make it creative if the concept is the same.

aru majutsu no index

girls with magic powers , where did i see that? ah that's right sailor moon, pretty cure, magic knight rayearth, sakura card captors .......

hey dude even a rock in anime style can be "creative" look :

Making a giraffe into a deadly weapon is crazy

ridiculous i would say , like if a car were use to travel around the unvierse in comics :

This topis is kind of pointless since neither are better then the other , both are different . As for people saying manga is more creative I hope you know that there are more comics then just DC and marvel out there and most comic characters still beat the majority of manga characters

LOL! XD!

comics on the other hand keeps ripping off of each other

like if Animeand manga had NEVER done that.

namaka power : fairy tail ,one piece

card games: duel masters , yugi oh.

monsters : digimon , pokemon, monster rancher.

robots : gundam, macross .

powerful aliens from another planet story : DBZ (1984) , Superman ( 1932).

no, anime didn't rip off anything , you are "right" , they were "creative".

let the man die in peace already

they won't cause they are more popular i guess.

Post by GrayWolf2 (330 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Pretty sure if you look far enough in comics you will find just as many strange powers.

Post by flashback180 (675 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

@SilverGalford: Lol Ur saying it as if super man was a original. He says copied from multiple novels like gladiator from the early 1900s.

Even his later powers are based off captain marvel. Tho his later powers went ape shit with bazaar ability like super weaving... Super math..

He was created by 2 teenagers in high school what can you expect :/

There are way too many similar characters for just 2 comic franchises.

Xmen / doom patrol

Namor/Aquaman

Quick silver /flash

Sentry /superman

Nightwing/batman

Ironman/steel

@flashback180 said:

@SilverGalford: Lol Ur saying it as if super man was a original. He says copied from multiple novels like gladiator from the early 1900s.

Even his later powers are based off captain marvel. Tho his later powers went ape shit with bazaar ability like super weaving... Super math..

He was created by 2 teenagers in high school what can you expect :/

There are way too many similar characters for just 2 comic franchises.

Xmen / doom patrol

Namor/Aquaman

Quick silver /flash

Sentry /superman

Nightwing/batman

Ironman/steel

either way , that doesn't change the fact that anime did the same , no matter what people say against comics , anime and manga DID the same too and nothing can change it. and actually i have mentioned some cases.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,725 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@SilverGalford: Oh! Was up Silver!

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,284 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@SilverGalford:

it's the same thing, weapons, swords robots , pistols, spiritual beings, those things DC and marvel have. the japanese just added more names and more techniques, like if you need to say a word (unless you are a magician) to cast or blast something.

Yes, but they use it in different ways. Nothing is really creative anymore, because everything been done before. What I talking about, is using powers in different ways

For an example, in Read Or Die the main character can only manipulate paper. I never saw anyone in western comics have a power like that and be useful, they only manipulate metal, earth, fire or water

No object in Jojo is like the cosmic cube, a Stand does have a power kind of like

girls with magic powers , where did i see that? ah that's right sailor moon, pretty cure, magic knight rayearth, sakura card captors .......

Man with Super Powers, where I see that. Oh, all of Superheroes Comicbooks

hey dude even a rock in anime style can be "creative" look :

No, it creative because it have meaning to it. Not because it look Anime

Sadly, I don't really like Golem so I don't what to look up info for it. So here a video that show how well done the design for Pokemon are. They just don't slap a random design on them and call it a day (well, sometimes LOL!)

Ridiculous is creative, Superhero are a ridiculous concept. Man and Woman flying around fighting crime in tights

like if Animeand manga had NEVER done that.
namaka power : fairy tail ,one piece
card games: duel masters , yugi oh.
monsters : digimon , pokemon, monster rancher.
robots : gundam, macross .
powerful aliens from another planet story : DBZ (1984) , Superman ( 1932).
no, anime didn't rip off anything , you are "right" , they were "creative".

No, they are inspire not rip off. If they was they just be the same thing with little to no effect put to them

First up, Fairy Tail and One Piece have two different themes to them, they just have that in common. (It not just Friendship power) One Piece is about Freedom and Teamwork, while Fairy Tail is about Family and Friendship. Both series have different feel to them, they not cookie cutter (it just the tropes are)

Duel Masters was a parody on Yu-Gi-Oh!, it was making fun of it not ripping it off

Can't really say anything here LOL! But their themes are different

Gundam and Macross are different in their themes and how they use the mecha

No, Goku is base of Sun Wukong and Superman is base of Samson and Hercules. Legends from their

Comics don't really have rip off, because they do different thing with them. Like Namor is a different character to Aquaman, they do things in different ways. They not clones of each other

The reason why I found Manga, more creative then western comics is the culture. I like to see a different view on things. I live in the west, I already seen what ours comics and tv shows have to offer. Now, I spreading my wings to other cultures (like Franch, Europe and Korea) seeing how they deal with their entertainment

Yes, but they use it in different ways

Paremos alli .

dude looking at your comments i think i could make you believe my little pony friendship is magic is more awesome than DBZ.

Man with Super Powers, where I see that. Oh, all of Superheroes Comicbooks

again that doesn't change the fact anime did it too , you failed , saying things against comics WON'T CHANGE that lol.

Can't really say anything here LOL! But their themes are different

like deadpool and deathstroke but with different costumes ,backgrouds,personality , etc? yeah right man.

First up, Fairy Tail and One Piece have two different themes to them

SUPER POWER OF NAKAMA PUNCH IS TOO STRONG!

Gundam and Macross are different in their themes and how they use the mecha

mechas , space battles , yeah pretty different.

Like Namor is a different character to Aquaman, they do things in different ways.

i concur , but too bad , comics are not as "creative" as anime.

Ridiculous is creative, Superhero are a ridiculous concept. Man and Woman flying around fighting crime in tights

LOL!

I never saw anyone in western comics have a power like that and be useful

and why would they use paper? do you think it is possible to fight DC and Marvel powerful villians with just paper? LOL!

. Nothing is really creative anymore, because everything been done before.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel