In need of an anime based podcast

Topic started by Arc209 on March 29, 2011. Last post by PenguinDust 3 years, 5 months ago.
Post by Arc209 (8 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Sadly down one Squadcast, we are without a good anime/manga based podcast. I was wondering if you guys had any suggestions and recommendations of podcasts I should check out. Thanks so much! Looking forward to submitting more to the site soon!
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Go on iTunes. Anime News Network has a good podcast and so does Anime Today ( RightStuf). There are a number of others that I subscribe to but some don't have very good personalities running the show.
Thanks man, I will check them out.
Post by Count_Zero (344 posts) See mini bio Level 20
There's also the Anime World Order podcast by Daryl Surat (who writes for OtakuUSA magazine). It's more focused on classic anime, and Daryl has a more caustic tone then the other podcasts listed by sotyfan16, but it's still pretty good. Oh, and it's started to come out very irregularly, but as the anime covered is older anime anyway, the back archive of the show doesn't become dated as badly as, say,  Anime Today's older episodes do.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
That Anime Show might be what you're looking for.
Post by DocHaus (932 posts) See mini bio Level 18
AlphaVictor is a cast done by myself and three others on this site. We're planning to tape a new episode this weekend. Should be fun.
@DocHaus Sweet! I can't wait to hear it. I will check out the backlog in the mean time.
Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I've always wondered how are anime podcasts when it comes to revealing too much of the story and venturing into spoiler territory.  Most video game podcasts are okay with that these days since they can talk about gameplay and graphics and such, but with anime 99% of it is story so... Now, I used to listen to some movie podcasts but I stopped because I could only listen to movie reviews for movies I would never see or ones I'd already seen.  Also, do the podcasts tend to dislike most of what's out because I have no desire to listen to an hour of negativity.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@PenguinDust: 
It varies, really. But the ones I listen to tend to be more negative on shows that I love because the hosts look for 'the whole package', 'the real deal', etc. But they also cover new shows coming out, what they are watching, and other things of that nature along with a lengthy interview with someone from the industry.
@sotyfan16 said:
"But the ones I listen to tend to be more negative on shows that I love because the hosts look for 'the whole package', 'the real deal', etc..."
Hmm, having a general idea of your tastes and knowing my own, I'm probably going to skip any anime podcasts then and stick to video games and sports podcasts.  I'd just get annoyed listening to the hosts vilify Sekirei, Rosario+Vampire and other favorite screwy, sexy romantic comedies of mine.  The type of stuff I like are also the shows most criticized on the web and given as example for the "decline and fall" of anime.  Hogwash, I say but I don't need to hear that type of bothersome chitchat for an hour.  I don't mind reading it, but I don't want to listen to it.  I don't know if that makes any sense, but there it is.  
Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24
Online Now
After falling in love with video game podcasts like the vintage 1Up ones, Giant Bomb, Gamescoop and others I went looking for anime ones, but I couldn't find anything up my alley.  The video game ones I love are all pretty light hearted and silly.  The anime ones I heard were some combination of deadly serious the whole time, boring, and/or and the people were super snarky and jaded about everything.

The ideal one for me would be people having fun talking about anime 60% of the time then having fun getting off-topic or going on a tangent 40% of the time. 

If there are Garnett Lees, Robert Ashleys, Greg Millers, Jeff Greens, Vinny Caravellas (sp?), Jeff Gerstmans and Shawn Elliots of anime podcasting, I'd love to find out where they were.
@sickVisionz said:
" If there are Garnett Lees, Robert Ashleys, Greg Millers, Jeff Greens, Vinny Caravellas (sp?), Jeff Gerstmans and Shawn Elliots of anime podcasting, I'd love to find out where they were. "
If you ever find it, let me know because that would be the ultimate anime podcast.  
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel