I want to start my own anime series for fun, anyone have ideas?..

Topic started by Zjun on Feb. 13, 2011. Last post by adoggz 3 years, 4 months ago.
Post by Zjun (18 posts) See mini bio Level 8

All my anime ideas\themes are just rip-offs of other anime like Naruto, One piece, Soul Eater Etc. So ineed help in creating a new fresh idea.....
Post by Halberdierv2 (1,288 posts) See mini bio Level 17
well, try to be inspired by things that motivate you, or thinks that happen in your surroundings that you find interesting. or better yet, what you wish would happen around you.
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11
depends on what you like .
Post by ronat1 (127 posts) See mini bio Level 18
You could try retelling something from actual life that moves you or interests you, but with completely new characters and stuff, just pick something ordinary and make it extraordinary, let your imagination do the rest.
Post by EoS (415 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@zjun:  As someone who is currently working on a comic, let me offer some advice.  No one can help you create ideas, if you are unable to think up your own ideas after having some intense brainstorming sessions, then writing just isn't for you. Nothing wrong with that, but just let it be known.  If you plan on marketing it, definitly make sure it holds no ties to popular shows or you will be called out on it faster than you could realize, also do not call it an "anime" you'll have a negative stigma as a weeaboo trying to be japanese. Just call it a cartoon or a show, anything that isn't "Anime'. Make sure you think the story out before making it, like don't just make it up as you go along, you'll write yourself into a corner and fail. Also how do you plan on animating this? If you don't have any plans, i suggest making it a comic 1st (Shit-ton cheaper and easier) and if it gets very popular,then try to make it a cartoon.
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@EoS said:
" @zjun:  As someone who is currently working on a comic, let me offer some advice.  No one can help you create ideas, if you are unable to think up your own ideas after having some intense brainstorming sessions, then writing just isn't for you. Nothing wrong with that, but just let it be known.  If you plan on marketing it, definitly make sure it holds no ties to popular shows or you will be called out on it faster than you could realize, also do not call it an "anime" you'll have a negative stigma as a weeaboo trying to be japanese. Just call it a cartoon or a show, anything that isn't "Anime'. Make sure you think the story out before making it, like don't just make it up as you go along, you'll write yourself into a corner and fail. Also how do you plan on animating this? If you don't have any plans, i suggest making it a comic 1st (Shit-ton cheaper and easier) and if it gets very popular,then try to make it a cartoon. "
Thats what I wanted to say, first time we agree :D
Post by FoolyCooly (676 posts) See mini bio Level 9
im trying to write a screenplay for my own show, and yes  brainstorming is hard as hell however you cant just ask for ideas >.> lol
Post by adoggz (210 posts) See mini bio Level 11
heres an idea. The main character has a large...dog made of .... spiritual energy inside him which has given him a weapon that has the ability to transform and become more powerful when willed to. Because of this he can no longer swim but he won't let that stop him from becoming a pirate.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel