Hype Battle

Topic started by bigz007 on Feb. 13, 2014. Last post by othus12 8 months ago.
Post by bigz007 (1,105 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I wanted to try something new in the battle section and I'm gonna call it a hype battle. After some thought I figured it's better to attach it to general discussion forum since it's not technically a battle.

So here is the general idea, it's about which one of those characters would you want to see go all out in a battle based solely on the character hype. Who is the most expected character and why?

If someone want to add more highly expected characters, that would be great.

I'll be using one character per franchise:

Soul King - Bleach

Celestial King - Fairy Tail

Acacia - Toriko

Monkey D. Dragon - One Piece

Sage of Six Paths - Naruto (even though Madara is almost as strong as the legendary sage, he just need one more rinnegan at this point)

Millenium Earl - D.Gray-Man

Checker Face - Hitman Reborn

Soul King
Soul King
Celestial King
Celestial King
Acacia
Acacia
Monkey D. Dragon
Monkey D. Dragon
Sage of Six Paths
Sage of Six Paths
Millenium Earl
Millenium Earl
Checker Face
Checker Face
Post by LHWKnight (2,760 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Kiryuin Ragyo is hype and I anticipate the battle between Her & Satsuki and Ryuko

Ragyo Kiryuin (Anime Portrait)
Ragyo Kiryuin (Anime Portrait)

Ragyo

Post by Dream (7,941 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Past example: Furi Kuri's Atomisk. Hyped up to be a space pirate who can consume entire worlds a la Galactus. Yet all we see of him is a cameo in the final episode of the series.

Beyond that, One Piece has some notable characters who've yet to go all out in a fight like Mihawk, Aokiji and Kizaru.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,747 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Soul King 
Whis from dbz as well
Post by SekiryuuteiDxD (1,552 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Rizevim Livan Lucifer

@SekiryuuteiDxD: Knew you were going to bring him up lmao

This is Rizevim Livan Lucifer

In my opinion the DxD most hyped battle will be the battle against 666 (Trihexa) a being that was said to be on par with great red and seal at the end of the world. this actually could mean that DxD is going to be on either a universal scale at the end or a multiversal scale, I can't wait Issei, Vali, great red and ophis are going to be god Tier.

Post by SekiryuuteiDxD (1,552 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@LHWKnight: yeah

Awesomeness

Post by Haiken (1,050 posts) See mini bio Level 11

How about Sinbad from Magi? or King Solomon from same series..

@Haiken: I don't think Solomon will be an opponent.

Post by bigz007 (1,105 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Haiken: I totally forgot about Magi franchise. Thanks for bringing it up.

EDIT: @Dream: One Piece is the reason I've added only one character per franchise since there is way too many hyped character that we don't know almost nothing about... all of the emperors, Admirals and Fleet Admiral (both Akainu and Sengoku), most of the Warlords, D. Dragon and his crew, and lately Sabo...

Post by IndridCold (1,392 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Blast: One Punch Man

He is the rank 1 hero of the entire heroes association and has yet to be seen. Considering his rank as number 1, it should be likely that he is THE most powerful hero in OPM and maybe even stronger than Saitama. Yes, I know that Saitama is also very hyped and it is also unknown how a fully serious Saitama will turn out.

Peak Raizen: Yu Yu Hakusho

The ancestral father of Yusuke who had stopped eating and thus, lost a majority of his power. Even at this state, he was claimed to be around the other demon kings' power. At his peak, he would've been able to stomp the two other kings quite easily.

The Humanoid Neighbors: World Trigger

Recently, the latest chapters of World Trigger have revealed a Humanoid Neighbor organization within the neighbor dimension. It is unknown to what their power is, but judging from the new neighbor soldier unit introduced and Yuuma Kuga's power, they should be massively powerful.

Bills, Whis, and the other Gods of Destruction: DBZ

As the new movie has been shown, Whis is actually more powerful than Bills and is able to easily knock him out for 3 years. Not only that, but it has been revealed that there are other universes out there with gods of destruction that are much more powerful than Bills.

Post by taichokage (14,370 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Out of the 7 probably Acacia. Then the Spirit King. They both have hype that could put them above planet level.
Post by nishi99 (1,797 posts) See mini bio Level 11

The Soul King wins. He should be at least planet level based off the hype.

Post by IndridCold (1,392 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Using hype, I'd say that the order would be:

1. Acacia (most likely large planet+ to possibly star level and he most likely has some immense hax too that is above the disciples)
  2. Spirit King (not sure on this one, but he may be planet/dimension level with massive soul rape)
  3. Hagoromo (his full power at his peak would most likely make him planet+ along with hax jutsu)
  4. Checker Face (he should be way above EOS Tsuna, so he is extremely fast and I guess maybe island to country level???)

My opinion on the hype characters that I have chosen in my previous comment:

1. Saitama (based on hype, he could most likely be above planet level)
  2. Koro-Sensei (should probably be planet level as well due to hype)
  3. Peak Raizen (most hype has placed him on planet level)
  4. Humanoid Neighbors (seeing as how the series is going, I can probably expect the leader to be city to country level)
  5. Hayato Furinji (if he is still stronger than city block level high tiers at just 0.0002% of his power, then him at 100% with all his techniques could probably make him......... island level??????)
Post by taichokage (14,370 posts) See mini bio Level 20
^Agree with all you said in that order.
Sage of Six Paths
Sage of Six Paths

is the only one who can truly stop madara, so Naruto needs to awaken the sage within himself.

Izayoi vs Shiroyasha

this fight will be galaxy level

Post by othus12 (7,375 posts) See mini bio Level 13

the god tiers of MAGI

ILLAH and King Solomon

dimensional level beings.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel