How Much of a Geek Are You?

Topic started by sora_thekey on Jan. 13, 2010. Last post by Addfwyn 4 years, 9 months ago.
Post by sora_thekey (1,097 posts) See mini bio Level 16

As in how many:  

- Comic Books 
- Manga 
- Box Sets 
- Superhero T-Shirts 
- Anime DVDs 
- Video Games 
- Video Game Consoles 
- Collectibles (Action Figures, Statues, etc...)  

... do you have!

I wanna know who is the geekiest person here on the site!    
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many video games so that makes me a nerd right there.  Plus posting on an anime website is kinda nerdy in a way as well.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@sora_thekey: Okay, the number of things I HAVE versus the number of things I HAVE had are very very different, especially since I just went through a move =P

That said, I don't really do t-shirts. The style doesn't look good on me, so I don't buy them, as a general rule. I like tanktops and more fitted shirts usually ^^; The t-shirts I DO own are almost invariably from giveaways or presents.

But manga and anime DVDs, between getting rid of stuff before I moved from Portland and giving stuff away as prizes, I don't actually have that much..I try to mostly hang on to things I think I'll actually re-watch or want to show someone, which isn't as many as you'd think.

Console-wise, I own a Wii, a PS3, a DS, and a PSP, out of the current-gen stuff. I also have my PS2 (my ps3 isn't backwards-compatible) and I co-own a GameCube with a pal of mine, though it's with her in Portland. I used to have a Gameboy (never had a GBA), PS1, SNES, Sega Genesis, and NES, though none of these are still around anymore.

I never had a dreamcast! This makes me kind of sad. :\

Figures, on the other hand, i have grown something of a small collection of. It actually all happened pretty quickly, before I new it I had a whole desk worth @_@;;
@JJOR64: I would say geek instead of nerd.... I always though of Nerds as studious people while geek are the ones who have all of the above! 

@gia: I have the same problem with T-Shits... I only have two.... A ComicVine T-Shirt and a Superman-like T-Shirt but instead of an "S" I have "ASL" on it!
Post by Sonata (35,519 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Lets see.....

Comics- My collection is well in the hundreds they are scattered around my room, and car, and workplaceXD

Manga- I dont own much Manga, but I do want to start reading it on a regular basis.

Box Sets and Anime DVD's- Pretty good size I have about 20-25 Box Sets, that is all I buy when it comes to anime.XD

T-Shirts- I had my share of Hero Tees loved my Spidey hoodie and jeans.

Consoles- I have had everything under the sun, At one point in time I had three PS ones in my house;P

Figures_Never really started collecting figures yet, but I want to.
Post by Newdeath (18,555 posts) See mini bio Level 19
Comic Books: I have a lot of comic books 100+ 

Manga: I own a good amount of manga but not a lot 

Box Sets and Anime DVD's: I have about 15 

T-Shirts: None. I personally don't like buying T-Shirts of fictional characters 

Consoles: PS3 (80 GB), PS3 (250 GB), PS2 Slim, PSP 

Video Games: I have a lot of them, nearly all of them being 18+ or 16+ 

Collectibles: I'm not into collecting figures or statues 

ND
Post by Kurohige (3,743 posts) See mini bio Level 19
 Comic Books: I havea few comics around 30 or more all latest editions I get my comics from comicbook shop.com

Manga: I have a lot I have at least 5 whole series (Fist of the north star,Battle royale, naruto part 1 and more)

Box Sets and Anime DVD's: Baki seasons 1 and 2, yu yu hakusho,fist of the north star,sailor moon, dragonball z, naruto part 1, S-cry-ed,G gundam,ranma 1/2,pokemon and more

T-Shirts: The punisher skull shirt, and some japanese shirts and some cosplay attire I got from ebay (Akasuki cloaks and bleach captains  uniform)

Consoles: PS3 (80 GB), X box 360 (Arcade version), Nintendo wii (With homebrew), Fat PSP (Sound does not work, anolog stick is broken), Gameboy,nintendo DSi

Video Games: Wow I will list all those later lol

Collectibles: Marvel ledgends, revoltech figures, Kaiyado, PVC, Bandai, medicom,Death note notebook, and my most rare figures I have are:

Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
woah another revoltech collector

comic books: none
manga: 200++
box sets and anime DVD : almost all gundam, i am missing on f91 , oh and pokemon, and gasaraki, and ttgl, and code geass
t shirts: none, i have a lot of weapons though
console: DSL, psp slim, ps3, a gaming pc, and xbox 360 (elite)
video games : i had 3tb of video games scattered in various media, does that counts?
collectibles: revoltech, figma, figures of moe, robot damashi, sic and chogokin
Post by Kurohige (3,743 posts) See mini bio Level 19
@cfatalis said:
" woah another revoltech collector  comic books: none manga: 200++ box sets and anime DVD : almost all gundam, i am missing on f91 , oh and pokemon, and gasaraki, and ttgl, and code geass t shirts: none, i have a lot of weapons though console: DSL, psp slim, ps3, a gaming pc, and xbox 360 (elite) video games : i had 3tb of video games scattered in various media, does that counts? collectibles: revoltech, figma, figures of moe, robot damashi, sic and chogokin "
Yeah revoltech rocks but they cost a lot lo.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Kurohige said:
" @cfatalis said:
" woah another revoltech collector  comic books: none manga: 200++ box sets and anime DVD : almost all gundam, i am missing on f91 , oh and pokemon, and gasaraki, and ttgl, and code geass t shirts: none, i have a lot of weapons though console: DSL, psp slim, ps3, a gaming pc, and xbox 360 (elite) video games : i had 3tb of video games scattered in various media, does that counts? collectibles: revoltech, figma, figures of moe, robot damashi, sic and chogokin "
Yeah revoltech rocks but they cost a lot lo. "
you may want to try venturing into damashi product line, they are even more expensive (well basic revoltech to basic damashii that is) btu has better (stronger) joins, oh amd sometimes it did models that didn't have a revoltech of, like eureka seven nirvash, and they did arbalest first
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Im not much really, i gave a old gundam wing figure, a Replica Katana of Tobiume and lots of consoles and games, thats it really lol

Ok since enough people have answerd this... now I will 

- Comic Books: I have over 350+... Last time I counted, which was last year, I had 200 and something...
- Manga: Naruto Vol. 1-7 Kingdom Hearts Vol. 1-4 Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories Vol. 1 & 2 Kingdom Hearts II Vol. 1 & 2 and X-Men: Misfits Vol. 1 (So 16)
- Box Sets: 30
- Superhero T-Shirts: A Comic Vine T-Shirt and a Superman-like T-Shirt but instead of an "S" I have "ASL" on it     
- Anime DVDs: Naruto Season 2 (Uncut), InuYasha Season 1, Candy Candy Vol. 1, and Digimon the Movie
- Video Games: 12
- Video Game Consoles: PSP and PS2
- Collectibles (Action Figures, Statues, etc...) : You know the string you pull to turn of a light or fan on the roof? Well on the end of my rope, in my room, there's a Spider-Man hanging from it!

Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@JJOR64 said:
"I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many video games so that makes me a nerd right there.  Plus posting on an anime website is kinda nerdy in a way as well. "

this lol
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@FLCL1 said:
" @JJOR64 said:
"I have waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to many video games so that makes me a nerd right there.  Plus posting on an anime website is kinda nerdy in a way as well. "
this lol "
Posting on an anime website makes you cool in my book ^_^
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10

im realy into video games and then thre anime and the only comics i ever read is spiderman
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Comics: I have 3 boxes full of misc marvels even some of the older rarer ones with all dutch titles (Spinneman #1 je bent van mij x3) for the rest i mostly have hard covers or bundles i just can`t stand buying monthly`s anymore
Game Consoles: PS3 (at my dad`s home technically it mine since he never plays on it) 7 GBA sp`s (like all colours mostly donations from friends but they are easy to come by here €15,-)  1 N64, 1 GB, 1 GBC, 1 Normal DS, 1 DSL.
Games: o boy i`m not gonna list them all but aside from my Pirated games on my R4. i have a load of GBA games some of them japanese 2 of the Harvest Moon. also some N64 games.
Misc: I have so much cards i keep finding them everywhere i have Digimon battle cards, Pokemon TGC (my rarest is a Clefable without a jungle logo my fav miss print :3) and Yu-Gi-Oh cards,( my last) also i have my pokemon badges and a couple of anime figures.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,817 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Comics: I must have barely a hundred... 
Games: 105 Ps2 Games if I recount correctly 
Manga: Full Saint Seiya, Full Hellsing, Full Ruroken; Full Baljak, Full Archlord, Full .Hack (Shugo), Full Saber Marionette, And lots of Misc.... 
 DVD: As grains of sand in a beach....
@John_Martone said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @JJOR64 said:
this lol "
Posting on an anime website makes you cool in my book ^_^ "

Yeah because nerds are cool!  

(Hahaha Totally sounded better in my head!) 

But they are!
Post by Son_of_Manus (525 posts) See mini bio Level 6
When I look at my credit score after a comic convention I am so embarrassed
Post by FLCL1 (3,935 posts) See mini bio Level 7
@John_Martone said:
" @FLCL1 said:
" @JJOR64 said:
this lol "
Posting on an anime website makes you cool in my book ^_^ "

: ))
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel