How much do you like Dragon Ball Z?

Topic started by EpicSteve on July 2, 2011. Last post by wayintothe7thart 3 years ago.
Post by EpicSteve (11 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • A lot
  • It's the best thing, ever.
  • My liking is over 9,000!
  • This thread will explode in 5 minutes.
  • I don't like Dragon Ball Z because I have never seen it.
Post by Sparklykiss (59 posts) See mini bio Level 16

This is an abuse of staff power!

...Right? But DBZ is pretty dope. I guess.

Post by ThePhantomnaut (3 posts) See mini bio Level 5

I have been fond of Dragon Ball for a while. Despite aging and being more cynical towards past likes, I still think DBZ is cool. Good thing it ain't Dragon Ball GT because that was a piece of shit.

Post by Yummylee (9 posts) See mini bio Level 3
C + D 

Post by JJWeatherman (8 posts) See mini bio Level 8

This is important!

Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24

A lot. I think Kai is better though. Looks waaaaaaaaaaay better on a HDTV and the pacing is way faster without feeling rushed. I think the music is a lot better as well.

Post by EpicSteve (11 posts) See mini bio Level 9

@sickVisionz said:

A lot. I think Kai is better though. Looks waaaaaaaaaaay better on a HDTV and the pacing is way faster without feeling rushed. I think the music is a lot better as well.

They use the Japanese music? I enjoyed the American music a lot more. I'll buy the BluRays eventually.

Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13
DBZ is pretty good, not to mention that without it mangas such as naruto and one piece wouldn't even exist.
Post by sickVisionz (4,233 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@epicsteve: Kai has a new score. I never liked the original Japanese one. Maybe a the time it was awesome but now it just sounds like cheesy low budget post-Blade Runner 80s sci-fi movie score to me... and not in a good New Wave way. Like songs that make John Carpenter seem like John Williams.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Honestly, on a scale of 1 to 10 (with a 1 being terrible and 10 being perfect), I would have to give Dragon Ball Z a score of 7 overall. I do enjoy the characters and the story is pretty decent for the roughly 75 episodes that I have been able to watch over the past year. The only downside that I have with it so far is that the overall pacing sometimes feels too fast or just feels too slow (almost dragged out) from time to time, in my opinion.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,166 posts) See mini bio Level 21

I love Dragon Ball, but DBZ isn't that good to me

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I like DBZ alot, though it's not my favourite battle manga/anime.
Post by DocHaus (925 posts) See mini bio Level 18
It was awesome when I was younger, now it's only good in an ironic sense.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
I've only watch bits and pieces (a few episodes here and there plus when I was young). It's really not my kind of thing.
Post by ThePickle (13 posts) See mini bio Level 6

There's that one clip of the guy saying over 9000. That was pretty cool.

Post by Kou_Leifoh (613 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Not so much for me to like anything that has Dragon Ball Z's name on it, like Kai or any video game based on DBZ. 

http://www.animevice.com/forums/general-discussion/1/dbz-kai-a-bucther-version-of-a-classic-anime/327105/#1
Post by AjayRaz (291 posts) See mini bio Level 12
i was never a fan of DBZ. i liked the theme but i always found the show boring
Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Love it, me and cousins watch it every chance we get:)

Post by Dream (7,195 posts) See mini bio Level 20
As a number of folks are already well aware, I don't think too highly of the series.
Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16
As sad as it sounds, I think I might have liked it more had it not been so popular. I tend to stray away from things super-popular. 
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel