How do you think K-On!! S2 will end?

Topic started by RJay_64 on Aug. 5, 2010. Last post by Rokujo 4 years ago.
Post by RJay_64 (41 posts) Level

Cast your vote

Once you make your selection the rest of the community's votes will appear.
  • The girls all head off to the same college, HTT stays together
  • The girls play an important festival, possibly the one featured in Ep. 13
  • The girls quit their band and find other jobs
  • Yui goes insane and "eliminates" her fellow band members, (except Azusa, she spares her)
  • Mio gets addicted to tagging every wall in sight and eventually gets caught and thrown into jail
  • The last scene is the girls having cake in the music room, without a definite answer as to what will happen
Post by RJay_64 (41 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Wow this site is slow.  On GiantBomb I would have gotten 10 responses by now (although half of them would be flaming me for writing about K-On! I'm sure lol)
Post by InfiniteGeass (527 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I think that all of them will die and then it will flash forward 10 years with Ui going to their graves. Seriously though I think it would be awesome if the series ended on a downer ending.
@InfiniteGeass said:
" I think that all of them will die and then it will flash forward 10 years with Ui going to their graves. Seriously though I think it would be awesome if the series ended on a downer ending. "
It certainly would fit the "No, Thank You" imagery
After watching Episode 19, I'm convinced Yui is making sexual advances towards Azusa. 
Post by Rokujo (100 posts) See mini bio Level 10
They should blow the school up. It would be the ballsiest ending to any anime, ever.
@Rokujo said:

" They should blow the school up. It would be the ballsiest ending to any anime, ever. "

With the girls inside?  Or does Ton-chan save them somehow before the explosion
@RJay_64: Ton-chan will be the only survivor. That will then evolve into a spinoff show: K-Ton!
I just saw Episode 20.  

I'm maybe the only one with this opinion, but I thought it was kind of boring.  The 2 songs were okay.  But the episode just lacked any gags, and I don't mind Yui's MCing as long as she's funny and interesting, but for some reason I couldn't feel it this time.   It was...awkward...

But fans will like the emotion...and the crying.  I couldn't.  For all of Season 1 and 19 episodes of Season 2, the show has delivered for me.  I just couldn't feel it in Episode 20.  That's just my experience though. 

I thought it was a pretty good episode. The live performance, however, was probably dragged on a little too long. Whilst Yui's babbling was Toradorable, they definitely could have padded the episode out another way, rather than having her ramble for five minutes.
@Rokujo said:
" I thought it was a pretty good episode. The live performance, however, was probably dragged on a little too long. Whilst Yui's babbling was Toradorable, they definitely could have padded the episode out another way, rather than having her ramble for five minutes. "
Meh I'd rather the school just blow up already  :D

I've seen every episode of Season 1 and Season 2.  Maybe my interest is slipping just a bit.  In Season 2, I thought Ep. 14 where Mugi goes out with Ritsu and requests to be hit on the head because she wants to fit in....that was the best episode of the season for me. 
@RJay_64:  Yeah, that was probably my favourite episode too. I'm a Mugi fan though.

The whole series has dragged on a little bit longer than it probably should have. Maybe I feel that way because I was expecting the same amount of episodes as series one though.
 Cause I'm bored...I'm going to rate all the episodes!!!

1 - Starts off a bit slow.  Intro with Yui playing solo guitar is good though.  It gets funny when they dress up as farm animals in the later part of the episode.
 4/5  Good start to S2

2 - This is the episode where Sawa-chan lets the girls sell off one of her guitars, but she doesn't realize how valuable it is.  It's funny seeing the girls become corrputed by money.  By far the best scene is when Ritsu stuffs the receipt in her mouth so Sawa-chan can't see how much they got.     
4/5

3 - Gitah "cheating" on Yui is funny.  Watching Ritsu stumble trying to learn new instruments is entertaining as well.  Solid episode.
4/5

4 - I have a strong feeling the CoalGuys translation is off in some parts in this episode...but it's still a good episode.  Skull.
 4/5

5 - Azu-nyan, Jun, and Ui are featured here...the other main girls are missing and therefore this episode suffers.  Just the fact I can't remember too many details shows how subpar it is.
3/5

6 - The best scene here is where Yui pretends Sawa-chan is molesting her in the hallway.  I think I rolled in laughter when I first saw this scene.  
4/5

7 - The Mio Fanclub?  And Nodoka-chan is the PRESIDENT??  This episode is full of win.  I don't even need to describe it.  Those 2 factors explain it all.  Full of win.
 5/5

8 - This episode is about the girls choosing their futures.  Features flashbacks to when they were kids.  OK episode.  It's funny when Yui and Ritsu brush off the need to learn English and stick to their "Sacred Japanese Language." Also, when they try to read the Barron's guide on English and open the book....."My eyes hurt!!!"  LOL Acutally this episode is better than I thought now that I think about it.
 5/5

9 - Yui agrees to play in a talent show out of respect for the old lady next door.  Azusa joins her.  Nothing too notable here...just feeds the Yui and Azu-nyan fans to see them together.  
4/5

10 - Yui attempts to replace Sawa-chan for one concert as lead guitarist in Sawa chan's old death metal band "Death Devil." Sawa-chan doesn't let Yui play for long....
"Death Devil doesn't play shitty half-assed music!!!!" Tons of humor here.  Full of win.  Plus the death metal song gives evidence the show can have a darker insert song without ruining the overall flow of the moeness. 
5/5 

11 - Starts off slow, but the ending is funny.  Best scene is when the girls prepare Ritsu so that she can debate the club's need for an A/C.
 4/5

12 - Girls go off to a music festival.  I get why people like this episode.  You could argue this episode is "about something" and I understand that's why people like this.  I wasn't entertained though.  The jokes fell flat.  I only smiled faintly hearing Mugi ramble on about Yakisoba.  
3/5

13 - Azusa and her dreams.  Best scene is when Ritsu comes to the top of the waterslide with Azusa.  She tries to convince Azusa that sliding down with Yakisoba on your head is the cool new thing to do.  The other dream sequences are full of win as well.  Also has a serious touching moment towards the end regarding Azusa and her concern over the girls leaving after graduation.  Good example of an episode where humor based on a serious plot can work.  
5/5

14 - New ED theme makes me want to give this a 5/5 based on the song alone.  But the episode definitely stands on its own regardless of the new music.  We get to learn more about Mugi-chan and her desire to experience everything.  Her solution to fitting in with the girls better is hilarious.  My favorite episode as discussed above.
5/5

15 - Girls run a marathon.  They are woefully slow and in last place.  However they realize the last person will not get a rice cake.  Suddenly the girls become Usain Bolt.  Check out Mio's finish.
5/5

16 - Episode focuses on Azusa and she interacts with one light club music member at a time, trying to encourage them to practice with her.  Something always comes up and interferes.  Interaction with Mugi here is gold though, even if it only lasts for a few minutes.
 5/5

17 - Girls can't use the music room for a while, so they wander around school trying to find a new practice area.  One of the places they tried was the gym, and the soft-spoken Ichigo steals the scene with her few lines.
5/5

18 - Yui prepares for her role as Tree G.  Enough said!  Oh and there's the part about Mio and Ritsu playing Romeo and Juliet.  Maid outfits make their return. 
5/5

19 - Yui fulfills her destiny as Tree G and even picks up a second role as a bush.  Suggestive interaction between Yui and Azusa...
5/5

20 - I've thought about why I dislike this episode a little more.  The parts where Yui introduces the HTT members during the concert was awkward...  But that's not to say I don't like it when Yui talks onstage.  In this particular instance though, she fell flat.  When Yui had Mio and Ritsu recite their Romeo and Juliet lines from the previous episode, I thought that was a waste of time.  Going through the tedious process of introducing each of the 5 girls was long.  I'd rather hear Yui ramble about her fascination with castanets.  
 2/5 

Overall, I have enjoyed Season 2 as can be seen from all the 5/5's I gave.  

For the last 6 episodes that have not aired yet, I would not mind if there was a special twist at the end, as long as the ending isn't cliche. 
I'm just going to keep updating this thread lol.  

Aki Toyosaki is awesome!  And pretty hot (even with her odd looking canine tooth). 

Aki was also Yoshino in Minami-ke, which I prefer over K-On!!  (as you can tell from my avatar and any picture I post on my profile)

Final episode next week.

I'm predicting Asuza tears.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel