Hentai Vs Anime

Topic started by Little_Sparrow on Dec. 6, 2008. Last post by jlrm01 6 years ago.
Post by Atsuma_Akubara (194 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Jewel said:
"Atsuma_Akubara said:
"Jewel said:
"aztek_the_lost said:
"well, I have to argue this in a CV sense...but I think its the same basic concept...Watchmen is called one of the 100 greatest novels since 1923...yet it has nudity, should it be left out because of that?

I understand your ideas about child-friendliness and all that...but I seriously think its a big loss to rob an encyclopedia of knowledge simply because of the adult nature of a certain page, however, I think perhaps certain pages should be flagged and not visible to people, but than again anyone can lie about their age, but that way, if your looking at it, its by choice and not by accident."
Nudity is different.

Does this mean now that i can start uploading porn comics on Comic vine? Where does it stop? Hentai is sick and degrading in my opinion and this is a site where kids come, is there a way we can have it on here but protected from anyone under 18?

"
They're working on that the hentai thing. The Hentai I think your thinking of is where it's just there for no actual reason. I see no problem with Hentai in a story where it wasn't just placed there for the hell of it. Like Aztek said I think it's wrong to not have a page of information just because of it's adult nature."
I admit the stuff i have seen is pretty awful... So there is a possibility there is stuff out there im unaware of which is basically ok
There's some stuff that is okay.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Endogene said:
"Jewel said:
"aztek_the_lost said:
"well, I have to argue this in a CV sense...but I think its the same basic concept...Watchmen is called one of the 100 greatest novels since 1923...yet it has nudity, should it be left out because of that?

I understand your ideas about child-friendliness and all that...but I seriously think its a big loss to rob an encyclopedia of knowledge simply because of the adult nature of a certain page, however, I think perhaps certain pages should be flagged and not visible to people, but than again anyone can lie about their age, but that way, if your looking at it, its by choice and not by accident."
Nudity is different.

Does this mean now that i can start uploading porn comics on Comic vine? Where does it stop? Hentai is sick and degrading in my opinion and this is a site where kids come, is there a way we can have it on here but protected from anyone under 18?

"
All the hentai franshises are tagged with the genre Hentai so if really necessary there could just be age gate for those pages tagged with hentai or like on Youtube a preference setting in you profile in which you allow your self or deny your self the access to those pages. On GB their is no age gate for it and work fine. So long a page doesn't get any special attention the only reason a person would stumble upon is would be if he looked for it."
I think having it on here is fine as long as its protected from little eyes, I just worry that this site would attract WAY young kids cause of DBZ so i would hate for it to get shut down due to complaints.. or issues
Post by Atsuma_Akubara (194 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Jewel said:
"Endogene said:
"Jewel said:
"aztek_the_lost said:
"well, I have to argue this in a CV sense...but I think its the same basic concept...Watchmen is called one of the 100 greatest novels since 1923...yet it has nudity, should it be left out because of that?

I understand your ideas about child-friendliness and all that...but I seriously think its a big loss to rob an encyclopedia of knowledge simply because of the adult nature of a certain page, however, I think perhaps certain pages should be flagged and not visible to people, but than again anyone can lie about their age, but that way, if your looking at it, its by choice and not by accident."
Nudity is different.

Does this mean now that i can start uploading porn comics on Comic vine? Where does it stop? Hentai is sick and degrading in my opinion and this is a site where kids come, is there a way we can have it on here but protected from anyone under 18?

"
All the hentai franshises are tagged with the genre Hentai so if really necessary there could just be age gate for those pages tagged with hentai or like on Youtube a preference setting in you profile in which you allow your self or deny your self the access to those pages. On GB their is no age gate for it and work fine. So long a page doesn't get any special attention the only reason a person would stumble upon is would be if he looked for it."
I think having it on here is fine as long as its protected from little eyes, I just worry that this site would attract WAY young kids cause of DBZ so i would hate for it to get shut down due to complaints.. or issues"
I doubt there would be complaints. Hentai isn't on the main pages of the characters unless it's adult in nature and really the only way you would look for it is if you searched for it.
Post by MasturbatingBear (118 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Yeah and if linking to a page or something like that for any reason please warn the other users. Also note: just because hentai pages are allowed does not allow you guys to go look up nude drawings of characters from anime series you know and put them on the site. The only nudity allowed are the original artwork in the published works.
Post by Endogene (65 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Jewel said:
 I think having it on here is fine as long as its protected from little eyes, I just worry that this site would attract WAY young kids cause of DBZ so i would hate for it to get shut down due to complaints.. or issues"
Yeah i see what you mean, that is why the filter script was created. The Bible Black game page got a lot of attention to some of the 4chan types and ended up number 1 of the most visited pages on GB on the front page. Ever since the filter script has been active there have been no such "incidents".

Site cant get shut down for having adult stuff actually, it is for reputation that most sites prefer to keep it away.
Post by SuicideBlonde (94 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Honestly when there is a mod with the name MasturbatingBear finding hentai on this site doesn't surprise me at all.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
SuicideBlonde said:
"Honestly when there is a mod with the name MasturbatingBear finding hentai on this site doesn't surprise me at all."
agree with you there..

But it does look like the mods are doing their best to sort out the Hentai pages and make them appropriate..
Post by MasturbatingBear (118 posts) See mini bio Level 6
SuicideBlonde said:
"Honestly when there is a mod with the name MasturbatingBear finding hentai on this site doesn't surprise me at all."
whoa whoa whoa, what are you trying to say?
MasturbatingBear is an awesome name!
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Jewel said:
"SuicideBlonde said:
"Honestly when there is a mod with the name MasturbatingBear finding hentai on this site doesn't surprise me at all."
agree with you there..

But it does look like the mods are doing their best to sort out the Hentai pages and make them appropriate..
"
He's the Rodney Dangerfield of mods. No respect at all. Silly old bear.
Post by Endogene (65 posts) See mini bio Level 4
MasturbatingBear said:
"SuicideBlonde said:
"Honestly when there is a mod with the name MasturbatingBear finding hentai on this site doesn't surprise me at all."
whoa whoa whoa, what are you trying to say?
MasturbatingBear is an awesome name!"
How did those people managed to say that your presence is more an indicator of their being adult stuff on the site... twisted world.
Post by Atsuma_Akubara (194 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Endogene said:
"Jewel said:
 I think having it on here is fine as long as its protected from little eyes, I just worry that this site would attract WAY young kids cause of DBZ so i would hate for it to get shut down due to complaints.. or issues"
Yeah i see what you mean, that is why the filter script was created. The Bible Black game page got a lot of attention to some of the 4chan types and ended up number 1 of the most visited pages on GB on the front page. Ever since the filter script has been active there have been no such "incidents".

Site cant get shut down for having adult stuff actually, it is for reputation that most sites prefer to keep it away."
I know it can be shut down I just doubt it will.
Post by Jewel (1,654 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Endogene said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"SuicideBlonde said:
"Honestly when there is a mod with the name MasturbatingBear finding hentai on this site doesn't surprise me at all."
whoa whoa whoa, what are you trying to say?
MasturbatingBear is an awesome name!"
How did those people managed to say that your presence is more an indicator of their being adult stuff on the site... twisted world."
it is a rather dodgy name for a moderator!!

well at least from us Viners point of view!
Post by Kuro (559 posts) See mini bio Level 6
SuicideBlonde said:
"Honestly when there is a mod with the name MasturbatingBear finding hentai on this site doesn't surprise me at all."
By your logic, if  a name means everything, should I expect to find a bunch of suicidal people on this site?
Post by MasturbatingBear (118 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Jewel said:
"Endogene said:
"MasturbatingBear said:
"SuicideBlonde said:
"Honestly when there is a mod with the name MasturbatingBear finding hentai on this site doesn't surprise me at all."
whoa whoa whoa, what are you trying to say?
MasturbatingBear is an awesome name!"
How did those people managed to say that your presence is more an indicator of their being adult stuff on the site... twisted world."
it is a rather dodgy name for a moderator!!

well at least from us Viners point of view!"
I kind of don't see what you mean. Its just a name, its meant to be funny.
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Kuro said:
"SuicideBlonde said:
"Honestly when there is a mod with the name MasturbatingBear finding hentai on this site doesn't surprise me at all."
By your logic, if  a name means everything, should I expect to find a bunch of suicidal people on this site?"
probably?
Post by brukaoru (16 posts) See mini bio Level 3
There was a long discussion over this over at GiantBomb, about adult images being uploaded. Basically, everyone came to the agreement that a warning for the page or the gallery would be very helpful and avoid any legal issues for the site, in the case that minors would have access to it. I think a warning would be sufficient.
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
brukaoru said:
"I think a warning would be sufficient."
it is for most actual hardcore porn sites. Ehem, not that I would know.
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Endogene said:
Yeah i see what you mean, that is why the filter script was created. The Bible Black game page got a lot of attention to some of the 4chan types and ended up number 1 of the most visited pages on GB on the front page. Ever since the filter script has been active there have been no such "incidents".
I still get in "trouble" from time to time due to the hentai game pages I make. Such as when there was a request to delete my image submissions. ^_^; Got a friendly pm from a mod that day. People keep stumbling upon them and asking if they are allowed. I would love a profile setting (for both here and GB) that defaults to "no adult content is visible". But, yeah, it is not as bad as when adult games appeared on the front page.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel