Help! I need somebotaku!

Topic started by chu52 on Jan. 11, 2012. Last post by PenguinDust 2 years, 6 months ago.
Post by chu52 (3 posts) See mini bio Level 5

Okay I have vague memories of an anime that I saw once a decade ago and need help trying to find what it was. I saw it on the Action Network, a digital cable movie station that played ghost in the shell and akira sometimes. It was ultra violent, and the specific scene I remember was this:

Two men are battling on a beach, neither one gaining much ground against the other, when suddenly they are both crisscrossed with wires and cut into tiny chunks ala Resident Evil laser grid. The wires are then zoomed out o their origin, an unicorn whipping it's mane around. The unicorn may have been standing on the water......

Anybody have any suggestions to what this could have been?

Post by AntonioTheDeadly (4 posts) See mini bio Level 3

Damn, it sounds so familiar! I'll update if I ever remember.

thanks to anyone who can point me in any direction! I have searched for years!

I think it may be "The Twelve Kingdoms" but I cant find the clip.... anybody out there ever see that one?

Post by EquitasInvictus (332 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I did some backtracking to try and figure out what you were looking for, and I think I've got narrowed down to these released: http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2002-06-21/action-channel-re-launch-features-much-anime (X/1999, 3x3 Eyes, Blue Seed) but all three sort of predate my more active interest in anime so I wouldn't be able to pinpoint which one exactly would be it. I think those three I listed are the strongest candidates, since there are a few more listed in that link that don't look like they fit your description.

I hope this helps!

Post by PenguinDust (1,008 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@EquitasInvictus: I re-watched Blue Seed just a few months ago and there's nothing like what the OP describes in it that I recall. It's about a girl who has the power to sense where giant spectral monsters will strike and she works with a government agency who are trying to kill them off. It predates Evangelion but I was first introduced to it while watching NGE video tapes. It's really good (if you're open to 90's anime). I've seen 3x3 Eyes, too but not recently, however I don't remember any wire-slicing horses in it either. There could be, and it just didn't make an impression on me at the time. It's been a while. As for X/1999, well I haven't seen that one at all so that might be the winner. Can't say either way, but it's possible.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel