Having trouble finding good anime help plz

Topic started by markishum on Sept. 1, 2012. Last post by markishum 1 year, 10 months ago.
Post by markishum (10 posts) See mini bio Level 8

the problem i am running into is that i am looking for anime movies, not series, and i am looking for horror, or heavy action anime movies, anything vampires, ghosts, ghouls, demons, etc.... most of the ones i DO find were made in the 90's still good stories but i want some more recent ones. i dont mind eng dubbed but would rather have subs if anyone can gimme a few good suggestions i would be greatful, thanks

T.J.

Post by takashichea (11,146 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@markishum:

Try Blood C, the anime series has a movie, Blood-C: The Last Dark.

See Trailer: Summer Anime Movie 2012 Trailer- Blood-C: The Last Dark

@takashichea: is this part of the storyline for blood the last vampire by chance? i loved that looks good non the less i'll hafta look for a subbed version, as i said before i will tollerate dubbed but prefer sub heh

Post by takashichea (11,146 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

@markishum:

I'm not sure whether the movie is canon to the anime's storyline. Actually, I haven't tried the series, but when I saw what you asked for, Blood C just pop in my head.

Here, I'll ask someone who knows the show.

Would you help Markishum?

@takashichea: thank you for all the assistance, i have found many horror, science fiction, and action series just the outright movies is what im after and i will look into blood c definatly, any info would help as well i like to know some backstory and such, my all time fav anime movies are the vampire hunter D set and Akira, i like them hey im gonna play with your mind and seriously mess you up movies lol im currently watching the high school of the dead and just finished watching code Geass series

Post by sickVisionz (4,242 posts) See mini bio Level 24

If it doesn't have to be monsters, Sprigan is a pretty good action movie. I think it's either late 90s or early 2000s

Post by shels (217 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Blood C is a "retelling" of the story much like Blood +, based on the original Blood Movie. The Blood C movie (which isn't out yet) appears to be a sequel to the event of the anime series.

@sickVisionz: action flicks are cool too, one of the action ones i miss and cant find retail anywhere is the ORIGINAL tank police lol but yes i'll check that one out i may have seen it, not sure not good on names to be honest LOL and …Shels thank you as well i will look out for blood c when it pops into the scene, :-)

Post by DocHaus (928 posts) See mini bio Level 18

thank you all for the suggestions, and …DocHaus your list is impressive, but 99% of the list is for series' i am looking for anime MOVIES not series' good shows though i have seen most of the series' you listed, so my search is still on for some good action, sci/fi, horror, demon, anime movies. im not looking to get any more series' i own alot of them i want to increase my movie collection now. so this is just to clearify what im looking for not hollerin, not complaining, i allready found a series i ordered the full set of that i found on this site, actually off Doc's list lol but please some good movies love vampires, demons, sci/fi, mech, action, the onlything i dont care for are the sappy love story ones, unless theres a ton of action in it i cant do it lol thank you again, if anyone has a anime movie only list i'd love to see that list,

T.J.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Blue Gender has a movie that is a re-telling of the series. Though the series is better. And though they are not movies, the Hellsing Ultimate and Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood Trail OVAs are very enjoyable.

Otherwise, horror and such are primarily outside my general viewing. Although, if you want odd and confusing horror then take a look at the series Chaos;Head.

@sotyfan16: i'll definatly look at the series you mentioned and thanks for the movie recomendation as well, i have found a few movies so far here, mostly series that ive been finding on here, not that theres anything bad about a series thats well made, heck look at death note love that one and bleach both :-) i just want a few i can watch with the wife, get her hooked on anime like i am and she enjoy's horror, and wierd stuff, and those seem hard to find newer ones movie wise. :-)

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@markishum:

You're welcome. Another series I just thought of is Rin: Daughters of Mnemosyne. It's what I call a mindfuck (see my Dunce Cap blog about the series). Shiki might also be a good series to look into that matches your interests.

thank you everyone for the great suggestions i got a couple new series' and a couple new movies to grab up, now what is a good site that works in USA distributing anime DVD's to those who buy them? i used to hit animedvd.com but its closed down now

Post by sickVisionz (4,242 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@markishum: Amazon and Rightstuf battle back and forth for who is the cheapest.

@sickVisionz: ty didnt know rightstuf was still in business i stopped getting they're catalog i used to order from them a LONG time ago, lol thank you much sick, and hope everyone has a great day

T.J.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel