Has an anime ever made you cry before?

Topic started by Haofan123 on March 30, 2011. Last post by Theresonlyone 3 years, 8 months ago.
Post by Haofan123 (3,675 posts) See mini bio Level 13

This saturaday i was eating breakfast and finishing up Code geass (which is offically the best series i have ever seen in my life) and I cried when  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.

. Now Im a guy, so it was hard to admit that i cried over a TV show, but when I told my friends(who are also guys) I found out that certain animes have reduced them to tears as well. So, I ask you guys this. Has an anime ever made you cry before? if so, what anime was it and why did it make you cry? GO!
Post by sickVisionz (4,311 posts) See mini bio Level 24
An episode of Nana made my eyes water and I believe Saikano did the same.
Post by pepsimax (15 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Clannad after story made me cry a lot :( 
I did not expect it to be so tragic since the the first season was kind of happy and sugary, so I was totally unprepared for Clannad AS :p 
Post by SSJjanemba (2,439 posts) See mini bio Level 11

not yet
Post by Mechanical_Ape (84 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Kanon does it to me every time. It can be very depressing, but it is also very good.

@pepsimax: Oddly enough, Clannad didn't bother me. I know a lot of people that have cried during it, but for some reason it never bothered me like Kanon.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
GaoGaiGar made me drop tears so did TTGL

@SSJjanemba:
What animes have you watched so far?

@cfatalis:
ah yeah TTGL  made me tear up when  SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
Post by cfatalis (19,150 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@Haofan123 said:
" @cfatalis: ah yeah TTGL  made me tear up when Kamina died "
Or When Nia disappears

or Kittan, although that is mixed with tears of awesomeness
same like GaoGaiGar
@Haofan123:
dbz, naruto, 3 episodes of elfen lied, first episode of bleach and years ago digimon, pokemon
Post by UsachanMaN (4,659 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Lol there are a bunch of anime that brought me to tears (both happy and sad tears XD)  

@Haofan123:

Man I bawled after watching the last episode of Code Geass D: Even when i used to think about it i'd tear up (pathetic...i know XD)  

@pepsimax said:
" Clannad after story made me cry a lot :( I did not expect it to be so tragic since the the first season was kind of happy and sugary, so I was totally unprepared for Clannad AS :p  "

I KNOW EH? Clannad AF totally caught me off guard too XDD I cried throughout this anime as well, especially episode 18 and onwards  XDD 

Wolf's Rain was another tear-jerker for me. And a couple of Naruto eps too. 
@SSJjanemba:
Ah ok. I loved DBZ when i was growing up. If you like DBZ i highly recomend that you continue bleach. Its like DBZ exept with samurai swords. Not to original, but its badass as hell
Post by ninjadude853 (464 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Nope, i've never cried at any form of fiction before. 

The closest I've ever come to tears was Kushina's flashback in the Naruto Manga... and this cover page: 

I mean come on! I didn't cry, but you'd have to be made of fucking steel if you don't feel at least something when looking at this, at least if you know what actually happened. 

I read a book once that made me start to tear up, but i didn't even get to sniffling.

EDIT: Oh, and Rolo's sacrifice in Code Geass, that was pretty damn sad (didn't make my cry though).
@Haofan123:
yeah im gunna get back on bleach soon
Post by ssjsuperman (1,661 posts) See mini bio Level 10
@ninjadude853 said: 
  " Nope, i've never cried at any form of fiction before.    

Same for  me.
Post by Superevil225 (6,742 posts) See mini bio Level 17
The Fanfner in the Azure end. Sure it wasn't the best.... but the end!!
Fate/Stay Night was also very sad. :(
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
Clannad After Story is the closest I've ever been to crying while watching/reading any form of fiction. And I never cry over anything, I'm just one of those guys, so it just shows how powerful that series is. 
I also, admittedly, had a bit of a lump in my throat watching K-ON! at the end (if you don't include the bonus episodes) when the girls sing to Azusa. Crap, I'm actually feeling it a little just thinking about it. Anime what have you done to me?! 
At some point I think I might just snap and flood the house, I haven't cried in years. 

The only thing outside of anime is Smallville. Now bare in mind I marathon-watched like 7 or 8 seasons extremely fast, so I was in way deep. It was when Lex made it so Clark and Lana couldn't be together any more, it literally kills Clark to be close to her. Ugh, SO EVIL!
Post by eldiax (130 posts) See mini bio Level 14
@Haofan123: Dude, put that in spoiler tags, you don't want to ruin it for someone who hasn't experienced Code Geass yet. 

As for me, Clannad After Story is definitely THE anime that made me cry the most. Holy fuck, I've never been played with my emotions that much while watching an anime.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Both The End of Evangelion and Clannad made me weep like a child. 
Post by Bigheart711 (4,213 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Haven't cried at anything yet, but what nearly drew me close to tears was the end of Code Geass. I was shocked for the remainder of the day after seeing that.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel