Green Tea and Coca-Cola had a baby!

Topic started by GodLen on June 6, 2009. Last post by lanaswift 5 years, 1 month ago.
Post by GodLen (877 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Staff

Japan gets another awesome flavor that westerners well never get; yes, I’m talking about all those different Kit Kat flavors, Pepsi flavors, Pringle-flavors, ect ect, that we will never see here. This time it’s Coca-Cola's turn, with new green tea flavored Coke. Weird Asian News states that this drink will be available to consume in Japan on June 8. This is not all about flavor, but its healthy attributes that will draw in all those health-conscious women (insert cat call here.)

This drink will have special green tea antioxidants, or catechins, that will stop you from getting bad things like cancer. It will also have a slight green tea aftertaste, which is always a nice thing. Coca Cola’s Japanese spokesman Katsuya Sato says “we wanted to cater to people who are looking for something that tastes good but is also good for health and beauty.” (He forgot to mention that he likes money as well.)

Green tea is like the nectar of the gods, and should be drunk everyday for every meal at every hour. Coke on the other hand is not so healthy, and is not meant to be drunk everyday. So I’m interested in seeing what this healthy drink, mixed in with a non-healthy one would do to your body. I’d drink it, what about you?

Post by scottfrye (25 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I'd give it a spin. Although,I think its stupid (like you said) to try to put something healthy in something not so healthy. If the health conscious women want something healthy then they should just drink green tea.
Post by CalAggie (63 posts) See mini bio Level 15
I'm always open to try out new drinks so I wouldn't mind tasting one of these to see how much the tea flavor comes through and changes the texture of it. Will the tea taste be more dominating than the lemon in Coke with Lemon?

Coke Plus in the US supposedly had vitamins and minerals in it but the FDA went after them for using "Plus" because it didn't have enough nutrients in it. (They also advised that it's inappropriate to add extra nutrients to snack products like soft drinks.) It looks this new variation may be a much healthier blend but I'm a little skeptical about it.
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
What the.....  That sounds gross.
Post by okand (34 posts) See mini bio Level 3
this flavour is sold here in sweden too. we have some kind of extra vitamins flavour too.
Post by John_Martone (2,992 posts) See mini bio Level 10
I wanna say I've tried something like this before... and it wasn't so hot.
Course, that could have been some sort of scary dream.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Sounds nice i would wanna try this hope it comes to Holland by some miracle points to the store called Xenos ^^
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
I think it sounds kinda gross, but I'd still try it.
Post by Sonata (35,159 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Ewwwww, any way its hard for me to believe you can be health drink a carbonated drink
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Sweet gonna taste that sh!t
Post by kiroshimatsu (94 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I'd try it... it probably won't taste much like green tea, maybe just the after taste. Although Picari Sweat is something a lot of people like, but I despise with a firey passion *squint*
Post by Lan (621 posts) See mini bio Level 13
That sounds disgusting and nothing that has Coke in it will ever be healthy.
Post by transgojobot (122 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Wow. A marriage made in my nightmares. I absolutely ♥ green tea, but I'm not a fan Coca-Cola [or carbonated drinks in general]. Pass.
Post by hsailormoon (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I am not a  fan of the green tea tie ins....

I went to the maid cafe in LA (Royal T' Cafe)... and they had a desert menu... I decided on the flan thing... can't go wrong with carmel flan.... THEY ADDED GREEN TEA!!!! ><: Granted, I should have googled the odd word next to the carmel flan.... to see what it was... but still!!!!

So Green tea... with my sugared syrup drink... umm, no so much.
Post by dagas (37 posts) See mini bio Level 6
okand said:
this flavour is sold here in sweden too. we have some kind of extra vitamins flavour too.
It is?! Not often we get something like that here. Well I don't like green tea anyway....I know it's healthier than regular tea, but I just don't like it =(
Post by okand (34 posts) See mini bio Level 3
dagas said:
okand said: this flavour is sold here in sweden too. we have some kind of extra vitamins flavour too. It ... [more]

Yes, it is.

http://fulcola.com/showcola.asp?id=178

Too bad coca-cola's swedish website sucks and doesn't let you see the small variations of all their main products.

Post by juu (6 posts) See mini bio Level 1
it was also sold here in Germany (maybe it still is... not so sure)
I tried it (because I love trying out new and strange beverages), but there wasn't much of green tea to it. But after I thought of the flavor of green tea hard enough I might have tasted it a little. Or at least imagined to taste it. A little aftertaste that was tea-ish.  so dissapointing.

but maybe the Japanes variant will have a stronger green tea taste, because that taste is more common there.

and "good for health and beauty".. sure.
Post by lanaswift (636 posts) See mini bio Level 4
@juu: Unrelated, but +10 points for the Mikuru frog costume.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel