GREATEST PIS MOMENT EVER

Topic started by waybig1010101 on Aug. 19, 2014. Last post by GrayWolf2 22 hours, 37 minutes ago.
Post by waybig1010101 (3,269 posts) See mini bio Level 14

In your opinion what was the greatest PIS moment you have ever seen in anime or manga?

Post by flashback180 (696 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Online Now

DBGT is built on PIS.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,725 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Z cast beating Broly.

Hirudegarn beating Gohan and losing to SSJ3 Goku

Post by SMXLR8 (7,208 posts) See mini bio Level 16

PIS =DBZ=D

Post by Dream (7,683 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Easily the majority of the DBZ movies. They rely pretty heavily on asspulling for Goku or whomever to beat whatever movie-only villain is whipping them around.

Post by Kurohige (3,727 posts) See mini bio Level 19

The recent Naruto was pretty bad, what with kakashi getting asspull eyes

Bleach: "The sword is more powerful when you use TWO hands"

Bleach : "I replaced all my organs with dummies."

DBZ: 4 Saiyans+Namekian fighting together= Nothing to Broly, however, 3 half dead Saiyans and a Namekian pooling their energy into 1 other half dead saiyan= instant one-shot.

Post by Kobra678 (3,194 posts) See mini bio Level 15
The Grand Magic games. The whole thing is BS from what I've heard. Erza's magic bending armor, Sting's emotions making him unable to fight Fairy Tale, etc. The entire arc is crap.
Post by takashichea (12,438 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@Kobra678:

Erza's Nakagami Armor was pretty PIS. It cuts through all types of magic. It was the convenient right armor for her match against Minerva. She never used it before.

I doubt Sting forfeiting the match was PIS. It was pretty controversial to end the match poorly that way. Sting vs 5 injured Fairy Tail elite members will still end the same way, Sting's defeat. I never seen that in Shonen tournaments.

@Kurohige:

Loved Kenpachi's double hand thing. It really fit him, but it was PIS.

I'm so surprise no one has mention pokemon or yugioh yet lol :P

serious yugioh breaks their own rules.

Post by ForgottenOne (51 posts) See mini bio Level 14

The endings for some Jojo parts specifically parts 3, 5 and 6. Also Itachi's convenient jutsu such as izanami and totsuka blade.

Post by takashichea (12,438 posts) See mini bio Level 25

How did I forget Jojo? That one episode with the sun was pretty weird. I thought they were dealing with a killer Stand user with the power of the Sun. Turns out to be a regular guy hiding in a small cart with a mirror attached.

Post by katmic (397 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Someone should explain to me what PIS means; based on some of these comments, i am thinking i might be getting it wrong.@Kurohige said:

The recent Naruto was pretty bad, what with kakashi getting asspull eyes

Bleach : "I replaced all my organs with dummies."

DBZ: 4 Saiyans+Namekian fighting together= Nothing to Broly, however, 3 half dead Saiyans and a Namekian pooling their energy into 1 other half dead saiyan= instant one-shot.

The bleach thing makes all the sense in the world. a haven't done martial arts, but handling a sword with two hands should rationally mean a drastically stronger strike.

Post by nishi99 (1,710 posts) See mini bio Level 11

Goku beating Broly with one punch.

@katmic:

• P - Plot
  • I - induced
  • S - Stupidity

Basically when a character does something that they should not be able to do and the plot makes it happen regardless.

Post by phantomrant (1,359 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Sakura not only proving to be useful, but also actually doing something offensive-wise to the strongest character in her series just so Kishi can make kakashi say the title of the chapter it happened on-panel.

Post by sickVisionz (4,289 posts) See mini bio Level 24

@phantomrant said:

Sakura not only proving to be useful

Sakura has been useful in the series before and even in this arc. PIS != a character you don't like doing something.

@katmic said:

@Kurohige said:

The bleach thing makes all the sense in the world. a haven't done martial arts, but handling a sword with two hands should rationally mean a drastically stronger strike.

Yeah, that actually does make all the sense in the world.

Post by othus12 (6,907 posts) See mini bio Level 13

@waybig1010101 said:

I'm so surprise no one has mention pokemon or yugioh yet lol :P

serious yugioh breaks their own rules.

OMG LOOOOOOOOOL!!!!

Post by Dream (7,683 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@sickVisionz:

Sakura has been useful in the series before and even in this arc. PIS != a character you don't like doing something.

You're right in some ways. But in others, Kishimoto's done a poor job of convincingly showing female ninja in the series being able to keep up with any advancements in the skills of the males. There are noticeable gaps within the series where there hasn't been any reliable use of female cast characters.

Post by phantomrant (1,359 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@sickVisionz said:

Sakura not only proving to be useful

All of which amounts to "rare occurrences" throughout this series, and are largely backup support. This, on the other hand, is on a different league entirely.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,289 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Kaguya being dumb as a rock and needing her son to tell her how to fight

Here another Naruto one, Sakura not using her stupid super healing diamond powers on Naruto when he was dying and didn't use it to stab Obito in his rinnegan eye. Then use it when Sasuke-kun can see her, because the only thing Sakura really care about is Sasuke and no one else. Also, Sakura being stupid by running at the super crazy powerful Madara knowing that he can cancel Jutsu and probably would have die. Every time she do something, it just make me angry

Sakura, I think it be more helpful if you use your diamond
Sakura, I think it be more helpful if you use your diamond

Now, for One Piece. All Nami solo fights are pretty much PIS, I know she isn't a fighter but I hope Oda will put her in a good fight one day and Diamante for having the real Flame Flame Fruit in the box

Bleach, all members of Vizard not using their masks in the fight with Quincies and Rose for telling his powers to the enemy.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel