Friday is Family Day! 12/19/08

Topic started by gia on Dec. 19, 2008. Last post by GMan 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Comic Vine: Eldest, Type-A Obsessive Brother
Comic Vine: Eldest, Type-A Obsessive Brother
Comic Vine:
  • Ethan and Tony discuss what comic book characters have the best hair. This inspired our question of the day here a Anime Vice: what anime/manga characters have the best hair? And no, I refuse to go as far as Tony and get any kind of mohawk.

• The Comic Vine kids are also chatting about Keanu Reeves as Spike Spiegel, and they don't seem to like it any more than we do on average. (And yes, they also got the requisite “whoa” comment.)

• And of course, in news that was both inevitable and completely depressing, the Watchmen movie trial has been pushed back because apparently Charlie Brown is the wishy-washy judge in this case.

• I also want to link you guys to this interview with Batman voice actor Will Friedle, because I am a giant dork and really liked both Boy Meets World and Kim Possible. Yeah, I know, shoot me already.

Giant Bomb: Middle, Cool/Slacker brother.
Giant Bomb: Middle, Cool/Slacker brother.
Giant Bomb:
  • Valkyria Chronicles isn't selling as well as its makers would like, apparently...which is a shame, because it's a beautiful game. (Meanwhile, I'm contributing to the not-buying by, uh, not having bought it. Oops!)

• Meanwhile, Metal Gear Solid is going iPhone. You can now also buy an iSnake cover for the iPhone-- it's a cardboard box. (Badum-ting!)

• Finally, Brad reviews the latest entry in the Prince of Persia franchise, which looks pretty and apparently has excellent gameplay. He overall recommends it as a way to get back into the franchise if you've dropped out.

Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
i gotta get myself some prince of persia
Post by maxwell (90 posts) See mini bio Level 6
AnimeVice: Youngest, upstart crazy kid! Watch out!
AnimeVice: Youngest, upstart crazy kid! Watch out!
Post by Bertmasta (151 posts) See mini bio Level 6
do they promote anime vice like you do them ?? and show off your articles??
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Kim Possible was ok. I liked both Boy Meets World and Batman Beyond.
Post by GMan (282 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Staff
As far as promoting Anime Vice, of course.  Here's this week's full Comic Vine Friday Wrap-Up.   I handle all the Comic Vine content but also do stuff here and at Giant Bomb.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel