Franchises I would recommend

Topic started by bigz007 on April 4, 2013. Last post by bigz007 1 year, 5 months ago.
Post by bigz007 (1,091 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I will start off small with franchises I would definitely recommend:

1. Another - I watched this anime very late at night, and I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but some of those scenes really scare the crap out of me. I usually don't do that, but after finishing it, I searched for some other stuff of that author. Sadly, I didn't find anything. I hope he is working on something new.
  2. Claymore - Claymore is amazing horror/fighting franchise. I love when the story surprises me, and it gave me just that. It's a shame that the manga is only published once in a month.
  3. Code Geass - Pure perfection. It has some indications that it could continue the story, but that R2 ending was so epic that it would be extremely hard to make something better.
  4. Death Note - Battle of great minds, I wish there are more stories like this one. IMO it should have ended with Kira killing the first L, second one was not needed.
  5. Fullmetal Alchemist - Only problem is that I don't know if I like better 1st or the 2nd version.
  6. One Piece - I watched over 600 episodes in less than a month, and I was so amazed that I will probably watch it again, pretty soon. Oda's ability to make you care about those characters is simply amazing.
  7. Madoka Magica - Awesome anime, only downside was fight scenes with witches. I wish it was a bit more bad ass.
  8. Magi - The Labyrinth of Magic - The ending of the first season was a bit rushed, second season made up for that. Magi is just amazing and especially those dark parts like slavery and racism
  9. Monster - Masterpiece, simple as that. The ability to make a powerful and interesting character without giving him bizarre superpowers. I'm always searching for franchises with great manipulators.
  10. Shiki - Great horror story about vampires (they didn't sparkle at all, thank God), and probably the most realistic story about vampires I've ever seen (if the whole concept of vampires can be taken to be realistic in the first place).
  11. Steins;Gate - I started watching this series because it was rated as no.1 in many sites about anime, so it's natural I had high expectations. From my life experience I know that it's not a good think to have high expectation. However, Steins;Gate never disappointed me, it's a great combination of goofy/serious characters and comedic/dramatic plot.

________________________________________________________________________________________

Honorable mentions:

1. Avatar - The last airbender has it all, great story, comedy, action, drama (my brother actually watched those 61 episodes in one day) Legend of Korra was a little disappointing because it lacks character development.
  2. Bleach - Fullbring arc was a total failure (even some filler arcs was better), but Tite Kubo make up for it with 1000 year blood war arc.
  3. Dragon Ball - It's a classic, but the problem was those 10 episode battles just to realise that they are fighting at 1% of their strength. I never watched Kai anime adaptation, I'll have to give it a try later on.
  4. Fairy Tail - Great story about friendship, great animation. It's hard to explain but it kinda lacks at providing good threats.
  5. Naruto - Pretty good character development. Anime has too many meaningless filler episodes. I don't have a problem with fillers in general, but if it's a filler they should make it more interesting. Manga has it's own problems, story is sometimes strange for me and Naruto as a character really irritates me. The last war arc is weird and I noticed I find myself rooting for the antagonist side of the war.

==============================================================================

Other blogs of mine:

Some posts worth mentioning:

Post by SMXLR8 (7,185 posts) See mini bio Level 16

@bigz007: avatar is not s anime also there is a book 2 so yeah it will change. For naruto I would not say that I mean naruto is cool so is sasuke

@SMXLR8: I know avatar is not anime, but it exist in AnimeVice database so that must stand for something. IMO avatar is more of an anime than most of the actual anime.

I like Sasuke better. The reason he switched from good to bad is because he outshine Naruto and Masashi Kishimoto can't let that happen.

P.S. I didn't saw Shippuden yet (I'm working on it), so please no spoilers ; )

Post by Supreme Marvel (5,135 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@bigz007 said:

@SMXLR8: I know avatar is not anime, but it exist in AnimeVice database so that must stand for something. IMO avatar is more of an anime than most of the actual anime.

I like Sasuke better. The reason he switched from good to bad is because he outshine Naruto and Masashi Kishimoto can't let that happen.

P.S. I didn't saw Shippuden yet (I'm working on it), so please no spoilers ; )

well not really since you said anime/manga franchises not just franchises . naruto is a hard worker like lee is , neji and sasuke are good but they could be better

@SMXLR8: Avatar is the best anime that is not an anime.

I never said Naruto is not a hard worker. I'm glad you mention Rock Lee. He is so much better character than Naruto IMO.

@bigz007: it's not a anime though LOL

Post by takashichea (12,290 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I seen everything on this list except for Monster, Code Geass, and Death Note. I probably won't check out Death Note ever because the hype brings so much spoilers. I already know what happens in Death Note before I ever had a chance to read or watch the series.

Since you have similar tastes in Shonen, I will recommend Magi. It has some fan service, the friendship aspect, and the lure of adventure and fighting against evil. It may look cheery and innocent on the outside, but it does explore slavery and poverty.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,724 posts) See mini bio Level 17

FMAB is better than FMA 2003 IMO since it follows the manga tho 2003 is amazing on it's own way as well.

Post by ImDictatorBowDown (1,911 posts) See mini bio Level 13

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure is good and they are currently remaking the anime

@takashichea: Magi is already on my must watch list. I know I'm gonna like it.

@ImDictatorBowDown: I watched JoJo's Bizarre Adventure and to tell you the truth, I'm not that impressed. The plot certainly has the potential but the execution was disappointing.

@bigz007: Have you read the manga?

@ImDictatorBowDown:

Nope. Like I said, I watched it. Is manga better?

Post by katmic (395 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Online Now

@bigz007: jojo's bizarre adventure was horrible, yet entertaining because of how bizarre it is; but i will never watch it or anything connected to it again. if you haven't watched shipudden then you have no idea how the story changes. naruto becomes so much more (better than sasuke) in the second part. Just know it becomes really amazing. i am surprised you like fairy tail, it isn't an anime i would recommend. watched DBZ for the first time last year, gave up at the frieza arc. Too much time wasted screaming and groaning and how can it take so many episodes for a planet to blow up after saying that it blow up in five minutes. i am reading monster so i will not watch it. and i found the witch fights in madoka to be more artistic than epic. i believe they should have done a fourth season of avatar rather than do kora. Iam surprised that i didn't see one piece on the list. i would recommend soul eater, definetely worth watching.

@takashichea: code geass is a must watch for any anime fan. It was literally perfect from top to bottom. Monster is a master piece. even as a manga i can barely put it down every time is pick it up.

@katmic:

I'm watching shippuden atm and I already see some changes in his personality, I'm glad he is not that same brat as before. For some reason I really like Neji's personality. He reminds me of Byakuya. It's like they are related.

I like Fairy Tail because of their friendship and that attitude where they always sacrifice themselves for the sake of others.

After I realized the pattern of those DBZ fights I was skipping those unnecessary scenes. It's a good story which changed the anime world but those long fights are not that appealing (to me at least).

Madoka Magica was epic in general, I actually don't hate those witch fights but I noticed people was avoiding that anime because of the fights. You have to admit they look a little strange, some people find them to be a turn off.

I absolutely agree on Avatar doing the fourth season, but it's not too late. They can still change their mind and do it regardless of the legend of Korra.

I haven't seen One Piece yet. I have it on my must watch list, but that number of episodes kinda terrifies me. It's hard to start watching, but I think I'm gonna like it nevertheless.

I watched Soul Eater already. I don't know, to me it's like a goofy version of Bleach. I wasn't that impressed, it was too predictable.

Post by takashichea (12,290 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@katmic: @bigz007:

Regarding Avatar, have you heard of Avatar: the Last Airbender - The Promise? It's a comic series written by the creators but drawn by Gurihiru, so the art style looks a bit different. It still looks good. The Promise covers the aftermath of the war after the Avatar series. It's available in stores and online (Right Stuf and Amazon), and there are 3 short comic books. Plus, there is is sequel to Promise, Avatar: the Last Airbender - The Search. It's about looking for Zuko's mother. It finally answers the questions about Zuko's mother.

Hope you guys enjoy these comic book series.

@takashichea: I must admit I didn't know. I have to check it out. Thx takashichea.

@bigz007: I found the manga to be supieior but if you don't like the anime then chances are you probably won't like the manga anyway, it's a matter of preference, have you seen/read HxH?

@ImDictatorBowDown: No, not yet. I heart it's quite good. I will look into it.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel