Five Anime TV Series That Should Come Out of Blu-Ray

Topic started by JasonBog on July 6, 2011. Last post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto 3 years, 4 months ago.
Post by JasonBog (29 posts) See mini bio Level 12
As the Blu-ray format has been becoming more prevalent, the release of anime in the U.S. has also grown comfortable to those bluish discs. FUNimation has started to release their more HD-appropriate licenses to Blu-ray/DVD bundles, and movies like the Cowboy Bebop movie has recently gotten the Blu-ray re-release. But there are still plenty of anime series that are already out in the U.S. in DVD format that could look beautiful in 1080p, yet still has yet to be available. Here's my current Top 5 of what I'd especially like to see extra glamorous.

5. Black Butler: A truly wonderful anime adaption of the manga with an even greater amount of polish to its 19th century England and the gothic art style. Just seeing that beautiful flashback of Madame Red would make the Blu-ray version an instant buy for me, whenever it hopefully gets out. 

4. Mushi-Shi  Part of what made the anime adaption of Yuki Urushibara's brilliant manga series so wonderful was how it brought those mystical mushi creatures to life with such fluid and natural animation. Ginko's eye-pleasing travels were practically made to be seen in full HD glory. Here's hoping FUNimation feels that way as well, and will someday fulfill this wish. 

3. Ergo Proxy: One of the first truly HD-centric anime series, Ergo Proxy was a beautifully animated sci-fi series all around in a disrupt future. The DVDs are currently rare and expensive, so it's about time this series got re-released yet again in the format it was truly designed for. 

2. Gurren Lagann: Gainax's most stylish series to date somehow has yet to be given a Blu-ray release to the states either by Bandai or Aniplex U.S.A. Someone needs to get on that so I can see that massively awesome final fight of the second movie in its most stunning definition!

1. Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte Cristo: Is it any real surprise that I would pick this series as my number 1? This fantastic adaption of the Alexander Dumas novel was most noteworthy for having some of the most original, eye-catching visuals for decades to come. 
Post by sickVisionz (4,309 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Mine would be Cowboy Bebop and Kaiba.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20
I agree with Ergo Proxy and GL. I'd pick Code Geass and Black Lagoon though. I don't make those choices for the upscale quality because the animation is great anyways. I want the upscales for the audio quality. I want to put Black Lagoon in my PS3 and blast HD explosions with Revy yelling "fuck" at 2am.
Post by LewisLongshanks (12 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Still have yet to see any Ergo Proxy, the only release here in the UK is by limited DVD release through MVM so the chances of seeing it on Blu-Ray soon are slim :(
Post by fenixREVOLUTION (3 posts) See mini bio Level 3

I'd like to see Cowboy Bebop get released on blu ray, that's the only one I'm really clamoring for.

Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18
Black Lagoon stateside on Blu-ray... along with Cowboy Bebop and its movie stateside as well.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel