Figurine Collections

Topic started by stenchlord on Aug. 24, 2010. Last post by stenchlord 3 years, 10 months ago.
Post by stenchlord (5 posts) See mini bio Level 6
Hey all,

I'm currently in the process of building up a figurine collection and was wondering if there was any aficionados here who could perhaps part with some advice.
When I do something, I like to do it right. Which means lots of research of which I've done quite a bit but wouldn't mind some help in other areas. 

Firstly I'm already building up my collection, have made a few purchases already. I'm familiar with most of the major manufacturers and have already decided on ones which I'll be keeping an eye on.
Good Smile Company and Alter seem to do really good high quality PVC figurines and Kotobukiya seem to be more budget oriented without losing too much in quality. These are the three manufacturers who will most likely build the base of my collection.

What I was hoping for was some advice as to where to buy the figures from. So far I've done some looking around at various places and forums and found that HLJ seems to be the most common choice to purchase from. I was also recommended by a close friend AmiAmi.
Are there any other stores of which I should keep an eye on? Doesn't matter where they're based as long as they do International shipping (I'm in Australia) and as long as their prices aren't too ridiculous.

Next I was hoping people could advise me in regards to maintenance and cleaning. I'm looking at purchasing some glass display cabinets, unfortunately the ones I'm getting aren't sealed off. Pain in the butt but I really love their designs and am willing to put up with cleaning the collection.
Being PVC I assume using any chemicals will be bad and don't want to wear out the colouring/painting. Anti-static dust cloth?

That's about all I can think of in terms of the advice I require. If there's anything else though I'd love to hear it. Would also love to see anyone else' collection.

So far mine is only comprised of 4 figures with the 5th on the way.

Master Chief from Halo - Not specifically an anime character but they did create the Halo Legends series of anime short stories, so it kinda works lol.

Louise from Zero no Tsukaima - One of my favourite tsunderes so had to get this one.

Aruruu from Utawarerumono - Little sister to Eruruu, I just find her adorable. Plus she has a pet white tiger (Mukkuru) that she rides around like a horse. Win!

Lineage II Elf - Again not an anime character but this collection will have figures from all genre's. Am currently looking for some good Marvel comics figurines.

Saber from Fate/Stay Night - This one is on pre-order, meant to be released end of August so should hopefully be on the way soon :D:D:D

If you have any figurines, would love for you to post a picture up for the rest of us to see :)
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel