Feature Requests

Topic started by gia on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by Satoris 3 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Death_Flame (318 posts) See mini bio Level 3
^^ That would be cool
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
It'd be nice if there was an option when attaching a picture to look through a specific gallery than having to know what page the image is on. I know you can attach like this:
But I just want to be able to have only one image selected. If this is a feature already, then I have no idea how to use it.
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
RedRoses said:
But I just want to be able to have only one image selected. If this is a feature already, then I have no idea how to use it."
Sadly, and as far as I know, it isn't possible (yet - I hope). When it was first mentioned that galleries could be added (at GB, it has always been available here), I thought they meant that I could find an image inside one of my own galleries. I was mistaken. When you have 33114 images in My Images (at GB) and you know you uploaded a picture a long time ago, even if you placed it in a gallery of your own, it is kind of hard to find what you want. (If I placed it in some page and I want that same image in another page there is hope, by linking...) It is easier for me to re-upload them, but I don't want to do that.

When adding images to certain pages (fanfic / wiki articles, I think) you have a Search Site option, but you can't search for users.

I keep making galleries inside My Images (I have 30 at GB... and when adding many images directly to my Images it is annoying, because the "Select a Gallery" window gets very, very tall), but they would be a lot more useful if I could look inside them when adding 1 or more images to a page.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
It'd be cool to be able to delete several images at the time. I don't know if this feature is available, if it is please tell me how to use it ^_^
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Black_Rose said:
"It'd be cool to be able to delete several images at the time. I don't know if this feature is available, if it is please tell me how to use it ^_^ "
Not available, either. :(

I almost never have to do multiple deletions on my own images, but when checking existing pages (mostly at GB) it is frequently needed (sometimes there are an amazing number of duplicates).
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
All image stuff is getting a huge overhaul across all 3 of our sites.  Im waiting to see what Dave ( our site architect/designer ) whips up... we're working on some cool ideas that will fix some of these usability issues you're talking about.

Another thing: We should be able to add aliases to episodes, especially for series like Evangelion which has two names per episode (the japanese and english), take episode 3, It says it's called "A transfer The phone that never rings" but the actual name is just "The transfer" with "The phone that never rings" being its english name.

Just a thought ^_^ 
Post by shakaz (1 posts) See mini bio Level 1
This site needs a podcast, news and the encyclopedia are fine, but i need something original, like a podcast, the opinions of the staff for the week anime news or somrthing like that in audio form and stuff.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Wouldnt it be better that if you put series on franchise pages that they a line themselves automatically based on the year they came out?
Post by Nerx (13,843 posts) See mini bio Level 12
A  jukebox where people can upload their music so everyone can tune in and listen

A chat system.
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
A chat system would be good, also if we could upload our own backgrounds for our pages, It would make it more personal.
 a Guild system for groups and teams
Hey or even getting points for each 10 trivia question right
Question: Are we getting those achievements that Giantbomb is doing? cause we totally should.
New suggestion, this is mainly for Gia. How about every Thrusday (Userday) giving a "User of the Week" award based on his/her contributions to the site (reviews, wiki, forum posts, blogs), of course this has to be a "quality versus quantity" thing. Or maybe make it monthly.

I think this would not only increase the quality of the site but also the participation.  
a poke feature
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
Black_Rose said:
"New suggestion, this is mainly for Gia. How about every Thrusday (Userday) giving a "User of the Week" award based on his/her contributions to the site (reviews, wiki, forum posts, blogs), of course this has to be a "quality versus quantity" thing. Or maybe make it monthly.

I think this would not only increase the quality of the site but also the participation.  "
Great idea.
Post by yorro (41 posts) See mini bio Level 4
1. Complex Search Function (Search by genre, rating, producer, etc)
2. Top Animes
Post by lordhaseo (2,509 posts) See mini bio Level 7
how about a live chat room that would be waaaayyyyyyyy beader then pming poeples all the time!!!
lordhaseo said:
"how about a live chat room that would be waaaayyyyyyyy beader then pming poeples all the time!!!"
Completely different things. Live chatrooms are usually public and that misses the whole point of a Private Message. Plus, people is not online all the time.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel