Feature Requests

Topic started by gia on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by Satoris 4 years ago.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,183 posts) See mini bio Level 20
jlrm01 said:
"I thought of something else. After adding an image, and while on the "Choose a gallery" window, make it so that you can click on the thumbnails of the images on the left to see a bigger image (using the FancyZoom that you already use for many pages). Many times I have a bit of trouble selecting the correct gallery for an image because I can't distinguish the thumbnail well enough and don't really remember were it was supposed to go. ^_^; (This is only a bit of a problem for me when uploading many images at once...)"

I don't see why not. Supported :D
Post by PureRok (58 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I think it'd be nice to have the option to filter out Battles and RPGs on the newest topics board. It's annoying to see about 20 of them taking up the first page, especially since I'm not interested in them, and I'm sure there are others who agree.
Post by LordAndrew (152 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Now I remembered what I wanted earlier. The ability to add multiple publishers, and not just one.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
PureRok said:
"I think it'd be nice to have the option to filter out Battles and RPGs on the newest topics board. It's annoying to see about 20 of them taking up the first page, especially since I'm not interested in them, and I'm sure there are others who agree."
Yeah i'd like to see this too. Battle and RPG threads take over the actual anime discussion, it's terribly annoying. 
Post by brukaoru (16 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Black_Rose said:
"PureRok said:
"I think it'd be nice to have the option to filter out Battles and RPGs on the newest topics board. It's annoying to see about 20 of them taking up the first page, especially since I'm not interested in them, and I'm sure there are others who agree."
Yeah i'd like to see this too. Battle and RPG threads take over the actual anime discussion, it's terribly annoying. "
I was going to suggest this as well! I can't see how anyone could be opposed to it, because we could have the option to turn it on/off, just like we can turn on/off seeing blog posts on the GiantBomb forums.
Post by Little_Sparrow (1,220 posts) See mini bio Level 12
I actually like the idea of only adding friends it makes us like one big happy family.
Post by Lady_Nightmare (2,789 posts) See mini bio Level 13
url upload?
Post by ilikewhiterice (23 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Endogene said:
"I guess that some fan art contest would be nice. Something once a week or once a month or so."

Awesome idea.

Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
It'd be nice if there was an option to label the forums as "read" so everything becomes un-bold. Sometimes it doesn't un-bold after opening a topic with the arrow thingies to go to the last page instead of clicking the title of the forum post itself.
Post by Sabata (15 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Dunno if this has been mentioned yet, but a section of an anime series' page that shows its opening and ending theme would be helpful.  I know I've wanted to know the name of an opening/ending countless times without having a reliable source to find it readily available.
Post by Kyjin (12 posts) See mini bio Level 5
An ability to add birthdays on character pages without years would be fantastic.  Most shows don't specify years, or they have different timelines than the real world, so years don't make sense.

I also have a suggestion with airdates- currently the US airdate is showed on the main page, but the majority of anime never air on US tv or aren't even lisenced.  Could the Japanese airdate be the one on the main page, and the US airdate added in the individual pages for episodes?
Kyjin said:
"An ability to add birthdays on character pages without years would be fantastic.  Most shows don't specify years, or they have different timelines than the real world, so years don't make sense.

I also have a suggestion with airdates- currently the US airdate is showed on the main page, but the majority of anime never air on US tv or aren't even lisenced.  Could the Japanese airdate be the one on the main page, and the US airdate added in the individual pages for episodes?"
'Tis an American site. I actually kind of like the fact that it shows the American date, because then you know if it was actually released here. Japanese dates are of little use to people who don't speak Japanese.
Post by Kyjin (12 posts) See mini bio Level 5
LordAndrew said:
'Tis an American site. I actually kind of like the fact that it shows the American date, because then you know if it was actually released here. Japanese dates are of little use to people who don't speak Japanese."
I guess what I'm asking is if there is no American release date (aka it hasn't come out in the US at all), can the Japanese date be shown?  A lot of people who watch fansubs would appreciate it, as would any non-US English speaking users.
Post by Suigetsu (17 posts) See mini bio Level 1
I would like to know, how can I change the main pick of a character article?
For example I make this character but I dont like the main image( since it is the presentation card) , how could I change it?.
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
Suigetsu said:
"I would like to know, how can I change the main pick of a character article?
For example I make this character but I dont like the main image( since it is the presentation card) , how could I change it?."
You can only do that if you are a wiki mod or if you have over 5,000 points.
Kyjin said:
"LordAndrew said:
'Tis an American site. I actually kind of like the fact that it shows the American date, because then you know if it was actually released here. Japanese dates are of little use to people who don't speak Japanese."
I guess what I'm asking is if there is no American release date (aka it hasn't come out in the US at all), can the Japanese date be shown?  A lot of people who watch fansubs would appreciate it, as would any non-US English speaking users."
There's a field for it on the episode pages. Put it there. Don't use the American release date field though.
Ideally, both dates would be shown on series pages.
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
I was gone for a week and the option to filter out Battle and RPG forums was added, i love this place ^_^.
Post by Death_Flame (318 posts) See mini bio Level 3
I think changing your profile layout would be pretty cool :D
Post by atheistium (12 posts) See mini bio Level 3
Proper Live Action/JDrama tab. So you have Anime Series, Manga Series, Live Action/JDrama series.
Loads of live action versions of anime have gotten me into decent japanese drama later on
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
atheistium said:
"Proper Live Action/JDrama tab. So you have Anime Series, Manga Series, Live Action/JDrama series.
Loads of live action versions of anime have gotten me into decent japanese drama later on
"
lol i somewhat asked that a few weeks ago ^^
Spoiler buttons for the forums
like these
like these
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel