Feature Requests

Topic started by gia on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by Satoris 3 years, 7 months ago.
Post by YoYo (36 posts) See mini bio Level 2
podcast would be nice
Post by Neku (198 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Not really a 'feature' but maybe a podcast would be nice. Not too many Anime podcasts. Besides that all the other ideas previously stated are awesome.
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Is there a way to re-arrange your lists? I'm getting a little tired of deleting everything to re-arrange the order via re-listing them in correct order.
Post by jlrm01 (198 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I want something simple, I think: When you are in the image viewer show the resolution of the image on the right-hand side, in addition to the properties you can already see.

I find myself frequently having to middle-click an image to open it in a new tab so that I can see its resolution (for example, to know if it is wallpaper-sized or not, or if it is big enough to be used as one).

Also, an editable Source field for images would be nice to have, in my opinion.
Post by Xephon225 (10 posts) See mini bio Level 3
It's a minor detail but I noticed that for the birth date on the character pages you need a day,  month and year for the edit to work.  Maybe you could divide those fields up so someone could enter the year and not have to pick a random date for the other two since I don't think anime often gives that. Or maybe you could just change that field to "Character Age" ( or add it separately) since it's more likely that you would know that as opposed to their birth date.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
More stickies. The dev bugs and duplicate report threads get pushed back. These should be up front so people who notice these issues can immediately find them and not drudge through all the discussions, battles and tons of RPs.
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Niko said:
"More stickies. The dev bugs and duplicate report threads get pushed back. These should be up front so people who notice these issues can immediately find them and not drudge through all the discussions, battles and tons of RPs."
There is a forum devoted to Editiing & Tools, and also one for Bug Reporting where there isn't the other clutter. They have their own set of stickies (well not Bug Reporting, which is weird.) I agree the dev bugs thread should be on the main page though (I thought it was.) It also should be pinned in its own forum. Any mod should be able to do that easily.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Maybe you could add Tokusatsu to the wiki genre`s Kamen Rider fits better in that genre and it would be a good excuse to add other great toku Franchises like Ultraman and Super Sentai^^

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,158 posts) See mini bio Level 20
jlrm01 said:
"I want something simple, I think: When you are in the image viewer show the resolution of the image on the right-hand side, in addition to the properties you can already see.

I find myself frequently having to middle-click an image to open it in a new tab so that I can see its resolution (for example, to know if it is wallpaper-sized or not, or if it is big enough to be used as one).

Also, an editable Source field for images would be nice to have, in my opinion."
Absolutely agree with those two ideas. I think we should be able to add links to the source so you can visit the site, I'm sure that would make lots of people happy.
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I'd like there to be links to dvd's that have already been released, more themes, users stats(like views, hours spent on here, and idk what else), and I'm not sure what else.
Post by Rain_Man (1,318 posts) See mini bio Level 7
i would like Fan-Fic to be in the Forums, that way people don't have to navigate to your page, instead they can just click Fan-Fic and then all of the Fan-Fictions can appear quicker and easier, smooth sailing.
Post by Rain_Man (1,318 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Void_Wizard said:
"I'd like there to be links to dvd's that have already been released, more themes, users stats(like views, hours spent on here, and idk what else), and I'm not sure what else."

i like the user states , hours spent on here, i would totally demolish.
Post by Rathany (81 posts) See mini bio Level 1
(Gia will kill me for asking, but) how about an iPhone app to see latest anime news posted to the site?  That would be really fun. 

Oh, and if there is a way to jump to just the newest unread post in a thread, I am not seeing it. 
Rathany said:
"Oh, and if there is a way to jump to just the newest unread post in a thread, I am not seeing it."
^_^

Edit: Oh wait, newest unread post... ah, yeah... you can't do that.
Post by ChrisTobin (17 posts) See mini bio Level 8
yeah newest unread would be good, they have it on CV so they should be able to do it I think
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
scratchman said:
"yeah newest unread would be good, they have it on CV so they should be able to do it I think"
They have it on CV? How?!
A grammar/spell checker built into the editing and posting system would be nice. But I imagine that could be a lot of work, unless there is some way to get some ready made code from somewhere and adapt it to work with the Whiskey sites.
Post by ChrisTobin (17 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Slinger said:
"scratchman said:
"yeah newest unread would be good, they have it on CV so they should be able to do it I think"
They have it on CV? How?!"
I thought you just clicked on the two arrows, though that could be just last post
Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
It'd be nice if there was a delete button when you view a PM. I know you can delete them from the inbox themselves but it'd be nice to have one where you read an individual PM.
Post by Void_Wizard (735 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I suggest that we get a favicon for the site.(a site icon that's by the url in the browser) :P
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel