Feature Requests

Topic started by gia on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by Satoris 3 years, 10 months ago.
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
SuicideBlonde said:
"I would like to be able to see what alignment people are when they are in the forum threads. If they were the last person to post you can tell on the main forum page but after that everyone looks the same. Having something like the colored bars (red for villains, gray for nuetrals & blue for heroes) on CV would be great."
Look next to the names, the writing is very faintly colored. Evil is pink, Good is light blue, and Neutral is gray.
Post by Devilly (5,329 posts) See mini bio Level 10
Maybe enable us to choose species Alien, Mutant, Vampire, other ECT. like on the vine^^
Post by Endogene (65 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I guess that some fan art contest would be nice. Something once a week or once a month or so.
Post by Rain_Man (1,318 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Endogene said:
"I guess that some fan art contest would be nice. Something once a week or once a month or so."

seconded
Rain_Man said:
"Endogene said:
"I guess that some fan art contest would be nice. Something once a week or once a month or so."

seconded"
Just start one. The only way CV's keeps going is because of the participants.
Post by SuicideBlonde (94 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Slinger said:
"SuicideBlonde said:
"I would like to be able to see what alignment people are when they are in the forum threads. If they were the last person to post you can tell on the main forum page but after that everyone looks the same. Having something like the colored bars (red for villains, gray for nuetrals & blue for heroes) on CV would be great."
Look next to the names, the writing is very faintly colored. Evil is pink, Good is light blue, and Neutral is gray."
They all look white to me.
SuicideBlonde said:
"Slinger said:
"SuicideBlonde said:
Look next to the names, the writing is very faintly colored. Evil is pink, Good is light blue, and Neutral is gray."
They all look white to me."
Not the names, the part that says "Post by" and "(X posts)"
Slinger said:
"Rain_Man said:
"Endogene said:

seconded"
Just start one. The only way CV's keeps going is because of the participants."
I'm to busy with other project on giant bomb i am afraid, but i think this is best to be organized by the staff since they are impartial voters as concerning the eventual winner.
Post by LordAndrew (152 posts) See mini bio Level 11
Xymox said:
"Maybe an option to recieve an automated mail or pm that your submission has been rejected or accepted - and if rejected maybe a blurb as to why so you don't waste time doing stuff that isn't going to be accepted. :o"
You can already do that. Check your notification settings.

Black_Rose said:
"aztek_the_lost said:
"the ability to have enemies would be nice instead of only friends..."
This would be really interesting, i'd like to see how it could work."
If you'd like to see how it works, check out Comic Vine. Note however that enemies are mutual, just like friends.

CalAggie said:
"Allowing for Japanese airdates to entered seperately from US airdates/release dates and also eliminating a requirement for a US airdate, for there are many series that have yet to (and may never) cross the Pacific.)"
US airdates aren't required unless someone's already added one, in which case it won't let you remove it.

I'd like a Real Name field like on CV and GB. And probably some other things I'm forgetting.
Endogene said:
"Slinger said:
"Rain_Man said:
"Endogene said:

seconded"
Just start one. The only way CV's keeps going is because of the participants."
I'm to busy with other project on giant bomb i am afraid, but i think this is best to be organized by the staff since they are impartial voters as concerning the eventual winner."
Maybe you should check out CV's fan art contests to get an idea of what I'm talking about. After they are finished everyone on the site votes for the winner, no one has complained about impartial judges yet to my knowledge. I'm no artist or I would start one myself.
Post by SuicideBlonde (94 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Slinger said:
"SuicideBlonde said:
"Slinger said:
"SuicideBlonde said:
They all look white to me."
Not the names, the part that says "Post by" and "(X posts)""
Oooh I see it now. Still be nice if it was a bit darker.
Slinger said:
"Endogene said:
"Slinger said: I'm to busy with other project on giant bomb i am afraid, but i think this is best to be organized by the staff since they are impartial voters as concerning the eventual winner."
Maybe you should check out CV's fan art contests to get an idea of what I'm talking about. After they are finished everyone on the site votes for the winner, no one has complained about impartial judges yet to my knowledge. I'm no artist or I would start one myself."
Guess it could work, i remember that on GB a java based poll application was used to vote for the best comment on a picture.
Perhaps 2 weeks to enter once entry than 1 week of voting should do it.

The most interesting would be to put requirements on the entries. Say this character doing this in this situation and only the following techniques may be used, the latter perhaps being discouraging for beginners.
Endogene said:
"Slinger said:
"Endogene said:
"Slinger said: I'm to busy with other project on giant bomb i am afraid, but i think this is best to be organized by the staff since they are impartial voters as concerning the eventual winner."
Maybe you should check out CV's fan art contests to get an idea of what I'm talking about. After they are finished everyone on the site votes for the winner, no one has complained about impartial judges yet to my knowledge. I'm no artist or I would start one myself."
Guess it could work, i remember that on GB a java based poll application was used to vote for the best comment on a picture.
Perhaps 2 weeks to enter once entry than 1 week of voting should do it.

The most interesting would be to put requirements on the entries. Say this character doing this in this situation and only the following techniques may be used, the latter perhaps being discouraging for beginners."
i wouldn't do that. just post a picture of the character their supposed to be drawing and then you'll probably get alot of people in on it. Beginners are always the ones who do two times more just so they can get noticed.
Perhaps a good idea to let users choose if they want to see those RPG thread on the general forum just like blogs. They create somewhat of a clutter and when you are not into it it you wont loose anything from not seeing it.
Endogene said:
"Perhaps a good idea to let users choose if they want to see those RPG thread on the general forum just like blog. They create somewhat of a clutter and when you are not into it it you wont loose anything from not seeing it."
seconded, a lot of the GBers aren't used to it, and are getting noticeably annoyed.
Endogene said:
"Perhaps a good idea to let users choose if they want to see those RPG thread on the general forum just like blogs. They create somewhat of a clutter and when you are not into it it you wont loose anything from not seeing it."

yeah , but that is only blogs, gets annoying, i honestly don't like the blog thing at all, ruins it, it ruined the off-topic for CV because like the whole first page is (blog)
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Rain_Man said:
"Joseph said:
"TheDrifter said:
"A place to put our Powers would be great"
seconded"
thirdeded"
fourthed        (even though that's probably not a word)
Post by liksang (7 posts) See mini bio Level 1
ok. i have suggestion. its nothing to do with the site, but its something i've always wanted to find out about.

I've all ways been interested in how manga/anime is created. so maybe you could contact publishers, editors, writers, etc. myabe have a few interviews with them. i think there are loads of sites with character battles and is sasuke gay posts. maybe make your site a bit diffent by finding out a bit more about the industry and how it all works.

ps. US airdates are kind of pointless for me. i'm from the UK and not much anime is aired here (nothing interesting anyway.) we steal it all from the internet.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,181 posts) See mini bio Level 20
liksang, I think they were gunna do that kind of stuff anyway.

And saying that the US air dates are pointless is kinda... pointless. If you want a feature to add the UK air dates then that's fine, but it's sort of silly to just say the US dates are pointless because you live in the UK... We get a fair bit of anime though; Dragon Ball / Z / GT, Pokemon, Yu-gi-oh, Beyblade, Naruto... I'm sure there are more but I watch anime online like you anyway.

I still say we need screenshot galleries for episodes! :D I have some ready in my galleries if anyone wants to take a look. I think they are pretty good; took a bunch but didn't go overboard.
Post by YoYo (36 posts) See mini bio Level 2
podcast would be nice
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel