Feature Requests

Topic started by gia on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by Satoris 3 years, 11 months ago.
Post by Chengy (1,711 posts) See mini bio Level 17
I think it would be cool to have a seperate page on people's Profile pages. The tab would be next to where Summary, blog Images, Forum ect.

And when you click it, it takes you to a page where you can make a rp character page in the format of a character page for wiki characters, This would be good for rpers as it has everything you would need for your character, Bio section, names, aliases, birthdays, enemies, friends, weapons. concepts, powers, images, its pretty much got it all. Would be brilliant
Post by HeeroYuy (1,210 posts) See mini bio Level 12
A cool idea I stole from Giant Bomb's site, how about a collection list for everyone's profile by default, so that more people think to add whatever series they own to their own collection list?
Post by JJOR64 (2,074 posts) See mini bio Level 16
Here is another idea stolen from Giant Bomb.  To clean up the forums a bit, we should stop the YouTube spam ( GB's Thread).  I see it quite a bit over here and it gets a little annoying after a while.
Post by Crocio (19 posts) See mini bio Level 3
How about getting some giantbomb or comicvine employees on a squadcast?
Post by FoxxFireArt (2,638 posts) See mini bio Level 25
More front page Reviews. Comic Vine has a review up nearly daily. It's one thing to list the series coming out. It's another matter to actually talk about if the prodcust are worth the price. A whole lot of news and very little in the way of reviews.

CV also really talks and discusses the events of current comics. Such as Dark Reign or Blackest Night.
Post by haseo_yashimora (5,507 posts) See mini bio Level 14

have an "art showoff" catogory for the forums like CV has
Post by macker33 (528 posts) See mini bio Level 11
The only thing i can think of is a "concept" category in the summery pane on the left like they have on giant bomb,
Like if i feel like a cowboy anime or a ninja anime i can just search for that type,

.............................ok my bad,its on the right
Post by Sabas (8 posts) See mini bio Level 7
I'd like to be able to import my data from MyAnimeList over here and use this site exclusively for my anime/manga watch/watching lists. The Lists feature is okay, but not as full featured as I'd like.
Post by sickVisionz (4,234 posts) See mini bio Level 24
I wish that I could move the user toolbar to the top of the screen rather than the bottom.  Using Chrome, which floats link info over the bottom of the screen, and auto-hide on my windows taskbar means that It's usually hidden when I need to see it. 

One thing has been on my mind and I think it'd be a great thing: is there a way to cross link voice actors and characters so that if you add a character to an episode, it will associate the voice actor on it's own rather than having to manually do it every time?  Some characters show up in every episode of a series and it's a pain to always have to keep choosing the same old voice actor every single time.    
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
@sickVisionz said:
"One thing has been on my mind and I think it'd be a great thing: is there a way to cross link voice actors and characters so that if you add a character to an episode, it will associate the voice actor on it's own rather than having to manually do it every time?  Some characters show up in every episode of a series and it's a pain to always have to keep choosing the same old voice actor every single time.     "
Maybe, and we plan on doing some wiki engineering clean up this summer to make the wiki easier to use and edit.  We're in the process of finishing another site which we will launch very very soon.   Some of the new code and ideas in the new site will then find their way into AV.
Post by Kelleth (7,777 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@ethan:  Any chance of reusing the old style of episode/volume editing? because its really hard to use right now especially if your not a moderator who can`t delete the mistake.
Post by ethan (887 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Staff
@Kelleth said:
" @ethan:  Any chance of reusing the old style of episode/volume editing? because its really hard to use right now especially if your not a moderator who can`t delete the mistake. "
I'll be looking at the wiki as a whole this summer and make some sweeping upgrades.  Everything that changes will be done to make the wiki easy.  So yes, or something better.
It'd be nice if typing something into a box would show you all results rather than just the top ones.

Example: 
Some characters are only referred to and credited as their first or last name.  When it's something super normal like Chie, it's impossible to link them to stuff since a bunch of other names will pop up and the one that you need isn't available.  To get it working I have to make up some alias, wait for the system to recognize the alias, link the characters using the alias and then go back and erase the alias that I made up. 

Edit: Woo hoo it's like that now
@ethan:
The AV system links characters to anime, manga and franchises by you adding them to episodes or volumes/chapters but I wish there was an alternative way where you it was just a text box on the character page.  I'd vote for making that a mandatory field if you want to make a new character.  I'd reckon that anybody who plans on making an entry that isn't completely blank knows what series, franchise or whatever that character is from so that extra step wouldn't discourage people from making entries.  There are some character pages that have walls and walls of text and images but nobody added them to an episode so they're just floating out there disconnected. 

Also, is there a way that adding a first episode/manga chapter automatically adds them to the episode/manga volume?
Post by Satoris (478 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I WANT A CHAT ROOM XD
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel