Feature Requests

Topic started by gia on Dec. 5, 2008. Last post by Satoris 4 years ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Got an idea for something that would be an awesome addition to Anime Vice? Let us know here! (Note: this is NOT the place to report bugs or problems, that would be here.

Last Update Details

Edited by: RedRoses
Last Update Date: 7/05/09

Recently Added:

Under Private Messages:
-
Add the ability to go to the last message in a PM conversation (Either using the >> like in threads, or letting me click on the bit of the message that you can see under the PM Title, or both.)
Under Wiki:
- Bring back the Edit Blurb button / link. Right now you have to Edit an article and cancel out of it to get to the blurb.
Under Images:
- Bring back the Edit link while looking at an image (allowing for deletion/editing to which galleries the image is attached). If you are given a delete request for a particular image, just following the link to it and pressing Edit is faster than going to the "All Images" gallery and finding the image there (as there can be a ton of images).

Notes:

None this update.

List of suggestions (thus far)

Profile Related

• More user stats (view count, hours spent on here, etc)
  • Ability to ban a user from commenting your wall individually so they can't anymore
  • Ability to have enemies (similarly to friends list, this is a feature on CV)
  • Place to put powers for RPG character's powers)
  • A place to put another bio (for RPG characters verus their real life counterpart, this is a feature on CV)
  • Enable other species like on CV (rather than just the "other" option)
  • A real name field like on CV and GB (? I assume having the option of showing it in your profile or not)
  • Ability to re-arrange personal lists
  • Ability to change profile layout
  • Jukebox where people can upload their music
  • Ability to clear profile's background

Private Message (PM) Related

• PM pages button on both the top and bottom of PMs
  • Delete button when you are viewing a PM so you don't have to travel to the inbox to delete it
  • Select/deselect all option in the inbox
  • Ability to ban a user from PMing you individually so they can't anymore
  • Add the ability to go to the last message in a PM conversation (Either using the >> like in threads, or letting me click on the bit of the message that you can see under the PM Title, or both.)

Forum Related

• Spoiler buttons for the forums
  • Option to label all forum threads as "read" so everything becomes un-bold.
  • Grammar/spell checker built into the editing and posting system
  • Ability to ignore a user on the forums so that their posts are hidden by default (but still have a show/hide option)

Wiki Entry Related

• Proper live action / J-drama tab or Tokusatsu wiki entry
  • Have birth dates on character pages in different fields (some characters' births are only known for year or month only but you have to fill out everything)
  • Character age (if birth date is unknown)
  • Ability to add multiple publishers instead of just one
  • A section of an anime series' page that shows its OP and ED themes
  • Add aliases to episodes
  • Put series on franchise pages where they line themselves automatically based on year they came out
  • Bring back the Edit Blurb button / link. Right now you have to Edit an article and cancel out of it to get to the blurb.

Image Related

• In the image viewer, show the resolution of the image on the right-hand side
  • Editable source field for images
  • URL uploading
  • Attach a pic by clicking a (personal) specific gallery than having to know what page it's on
  • When adding images to certain pages/forum post, ability to search through user's galleries
  • Allow multiple selections to move, delete images instead of dragging one picture every time.
  • Bring back the Edit link while looking at an image (allowing for deletion/editing to which galleries the image is attached). If you are given a delete request for a particular image, just following the link to it and pressing Edit is faster than going to the "All Images" gallery and finding the image there (as there can be a ton of images).

Miscellaneous

• Ability to edit reviews in your own profile page and/or review tab instead of going to the page the review is on.
  • Fan art contest
  • app to see news from this site
  • Chat system
  • Guild system for groups/teams (RPGers mainly)
  • Achievements
  • Complex search function (Search by genre, rating, producer, etc)
  • Constant list of top animes
  • Art section to post users' art. (like how users can post their own fan fiction except for picture oriented people instead)
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
The ability to search for users would be nice.
Post by maxwell (90 posts) See mini bio Level 6
hazelnutman said:
"The ability to search for users would be nice."
you can't look for users via the search field in the upper right. however, if you head to your profile pm inbox and select "compose a message" you can search for users via the "to" field.
Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
gia said:
"Got an idea for something that would be an awesome addition to Anime Vice? Let us know here! (Note: this is NOT the place to report bugs or problems, that would be here."
Nice idea Gia.

Maybe a View count on your page?
Post by IcyStorm (9 posts) See mini bio Level 1
Studio, staff, and different entries for US, Japan, etc. publishers for the sidebar of anime and manga pages.

Keyboard shortcuts for bolding, italicizing, etc. possible?

A select/deselect all option for messages page. I don't want to check all the boxes for these messages individually to delete them.
Post by TheDrifter (663 posts) See mini bio Level 5
A place to put our Powers would be great
Post by Joseph (340 posts) See mini bio Level 6
TheDrifter said:
"A place to put our Powers would be great"
seconded
Post by NoDeath (19 posts) See mini bio Level 6
A weekly podcast would be great. I can't get enough of them
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Can we have a better search function for the forums? Like, can we get something where we can search particular forums and threads instead of always having to search through all of them at once? I know on Comic Vine it gets ridiculous with the amount of results we get from some searches.
Post by Rain_Man (1,318 posts) See mini bio Level 7
a place to put another bio ,like for RPG ,so not necissarily Super Bios just Character Bios. but i don't have a problem with one , just a sugest.
Post by Rain_Man (1,318 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Joseph said:
"TheDrifter said:
"A place to put our Powers would be great"
seconded"
thirdeded
Post by hazelnutman (142 posts) See mini bio Level 2
maxwell said:
"hazelnutman said:
"The ability to search for users would be nice."
you can't look for users via the search field in the upper right. however, if you head to your profile pm inbox and select "compose a message" you can search for users via the "to" field."
Ah ha, thanks! I assume this method can also be used on GiantBomb and ComicVine as well?
Post by Black_Rose (1,204 posts) See mini bio Level 11
aztek_the_lost said:
"the ability to have enemies would be nice instead of only friends..."
This would be really interesting, i'd like to see how it could work.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,226 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Image galleries for episodes, so I can add some awesome screenshots!
Post by CalAggie (63 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Newten said:
"Image galleries for episodes, so I can add some awesome screenshots!"

I second this.

Allowing for Japanese airdates to entered seperately from US airdates/release dates and also eliminating a requirement for a US airdate, for there are many series that have yet to (and may never) cross the Pacific.

Making the fanfiction hub section more obvious - currently you have to access it through /fanfiction/ or /guides/ (both work, although individual entries default to the /guides/ subdirectory)
Post by CalAggie (63 posts) See mini bio Level 15
Sorry to double post but a commenter on something I wrote on my proper blog about the official launch of AV has brought to my attention an issue with how characters and voice actors are presented, saying:
I checked it out when GB linked to it, but quickly got turned off by the way they present the cast list. For me, this is the most important info about a show. AV puts the episode list front and center, but the cast isn’t listed at all, only the characters at the bottom-right. But then, there is no way to find out, which seiyuu played which character.
I did a little checking around the site and found that the "Characters & Voice Actors" and "Credits" headers seem to appear on movie pages but there appears to be no way to put the same headers onto anime pages. Ex.: Cowboy Bebop The Movie has both while the television series has neither.

Being able to check what other characters a voice actor has played, or even which projects a certain producer was involved in, is a feature that some take for granted after having the same capability for many years while using other sites, myself included. So I guess I am asking you to improve how bonds between voice actors and their respective characters are handled and displayed on the site.
Post by Slinger (399 posts) See mini bio Level 7
CalAggie said:
"Making the fanfiction hub section more obvious - currently you have to access it through /fanfiction/ or /guides/ (both work, although individual entries default to the /guides/ subdirectory)"
Yeah that!
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
View forums by tag, maybe. A list of all the topic tags shows it has so many forum topics, maybe highlighted when new posts are there.
Post by Xymox (21 posts) See mini bio Level 9
Maybe an option to recieve an automated mail or pm that your submission has been rejected or accepted - and if rejected maybe a blurb as to why so you don't waste time doing stuff that isn't going to be accepted. :o
Post by SuicideBlonde (94 posts) See mini bio Level 2
I would like to be able to see what alignment people are when they are in the forum threads. If they were the last person to post you can tell on the main forum page but after that everyone looks the same. Having something like the colored bars (red for villains, gray for nuetrals & blue for heroes) on CV would be great.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel