Favourite Gundam (All Series)

Topic started by ohgodwhy on March 8, 2014. Last post by sickVisionz 4 months, 1 week ago.
Post by ohgodwhy (1,534 posts) See mini bio Level 11

It is what it is. As a big gundam fan I'd be very interested to see what is the communities favourite gundams and maybe even see some new ones that I haven't seen before.

You can only choose 1 but can give honorable mentions to others.

For me it's the Hydra Gundam. I first saw the gundam in gundam battle assault 1 and it was just so much cooler than any gundam I'd seen thus far. It was a fitting boss, I only wish it had made it into the Gundam Wing main story as Treize's final gundam.

Honorable mention goes to

Sengoku Astray

Post by LHWKnight (2,731 posts) See mini bio Level 12

This is will answer your question lmao

Post by Haiken (1,045 posts) See mini bio Level 11

ZGMF X10A FREEDOM and ZGMF X20A STRIKE FREEDOM.. Most really dislike Gundam seed and GSD but that's their own opinion.. For me, i like it..

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Favorite Gundam game or anime?

@Haiken said:

ZGMF X10A FREEDOM and ZGMF X20A STRIKE FREEDOM.. Most really dislike Gundam seed and GSD but that's their own opinion.. For me, i like it..

The internet has a funny way of giving a vocal minority a ridiculously dominating voice... to a degree that you actually wouldn't know that Seed and Destiny are like two of the best selling and most popular Gundam series of all time.

Post by Haiken (1,045 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@sickVisionz: Thanks for the info.. i never knew both were best sellers.. o.O

Post by ohgodwhy (1,534 posts) See mini bio Level 11

@sickVisionz said:

@Haiken said:

The internet has a funny way of giving a vocal minority a ridiculously dominating voice... to a degree that you actually wouldn't know that Seed and Destiny are like two of the best selling and most popular Gundam series of all time.

I know it's weird right? I really didn't like Seed either but somehow it was a fan favourite, even though as you mentioned most of the internet seems to agree with me.

Wing will always be the best!

Although I watched build fighters recently and I was really surprised because I really enjoyed it.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,902 posts) See mini bio Level 15

My favorite is Garrods Gundam. Although the name escapes me.

Post by Dream (7,489 posts) See mini bio Level 21

@SpeedForceSpider: The Gundam X or Double X?

As for myself...

Favorite Series: Zeta Gundam

Favorite Gundam: Turn A Gundam. Overpowered as hell and has a unique design different from all Gundams that continue reusing the RX-78's design in terms of general appearance.

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,746 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Favorite model: Epyon

Favorite series: Wing and ZZ

Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,746 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@ohgodwhy said:

@sickVisionz said:

@Haiken said:

I know it's weird right? I really didn't like Seed either but somehow it was a fan favourite, even though as you mentioned most of the internet seems to agree with me.

Wing will always be the best!

Although I watched build fighters recently and I was really surprised because I really enjoyed it.

I think Kira Yammamoto still routinely places in 10 ten popularity polls for anime manga males in japan

Post by SpeedForceSpider (4,902 posts) See mini bio Level 15

@Dream: Ah yeah the Double X. Thanks.

Post by sickVisionz (4,263 posts) See mini bio Level 24

I just realized that I didn't answer this. My favorite is War in the Pocket. I think damn near every Gundam series really really suffers from the unwritten rule that they must be 50+ episodes. Wing, Seed, Destiny, 00... I think all of them would be significantly better if you chopped off 26 episodes.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel