FATE/ZERO VS ATTACK ON TITAN

Topic started by katmic on April 4, 2014. Last post by CosmicKnight75 1 month, 2 weeks ago.
Post by katmic (417 posts) See mini bio Level 10

This isn't a battle thread but rather looks at the quality of both series. Both series were arguably the best anime of their respective years, Fate/zero in 2012 and Attack on Titan in 2013. Both are quality series yet quite different; which, would you say, is the superior show, considering how much hype both series received.

Post by Dream (7,891 posts) See mini bio Level 21
Online Now

Fate/ Zero for me. Titan was actually pretty decent until it's plot dragged in the second half with the Female Titan arc and it lacks a conclusive ending compared to Zero.

Post by 5th (1,296 posts) See mini bio Level 10

AoT.

Post by takashichea (13,110 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Fate Zero for me. Attack on Titan never made me cry. I wasn't attached to any characters. Only a few characters made me care, but they weren't in danger of dying.

Fate Zero's season 1 was slow. No one died in season 1, the combatants. No one was safe in Fate Zero. It made me jump in my seat. Attack on Titan was better when you do a marathon. Attack on Titan had a manga as its original source. Part of it made the pacing and the suspense suffer. Fate Zero does better on character development and tying things together. Plus, the writing by Gen Urobuchi was superb than Attack on Titan. It was riveting and moving.

I don't think Fate Zero suffered from hype like Attack on Titan and Kill la Kill. Unlike those two series, they had key flaws, but if you're just watching it without being so analytical, you would enjoy it better.

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Fate/Zero for me. I like the story of Titan a lot more (I was really upset to hear so much about Fate/Zero only to find out the story is straight generic shonen battle tournament) but the little sub plot and characters of F/Z are more interesting to me.

Post by SpeedForceSpider (5,037 posts) See mini bio Level 15

Fate/Zero. Never really got into the AOT hype. The characters were pretty boring. Fate/Zero on the other hand is complex suspenseful. I didn't know Fate got hyped up.

Post by waybig1010101 (3,427 posts) See mini bio Level 14
since this is a matter of personal taste I would say that Fate/Zero wasn't even the best anime of 2012 and now thinking about it, it would be the same for Attack on Titan for 2013 as well but thats me, yet if i had to compare the two I would say Attack on titan wins because I was able to get much more invested in its story
Post by LHWKnight (2,753 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Fate/zero, because I like is presentation more, and the conflicts between ideals, which can be and is still being debated as we speak.

Post by sickVisionz (4,307 posts) See mini bio Level 24

Hmm... I was going to say Fate/Zero is better "artistically" but that I enjoyed watching Attack on Titan more on an episode to episode basis but I'm not. I vote for Attack on Titan. At the end of the day, regardless of anything, I enjoyed watching it more.

@sickVisionz said:

Fate/Zero for me. I like the story of Titan a lot more (I was really upset to hear so much about Fate/Zero only to find out the story is straight generic shonen battle tournament) but the little sub plot and characters of F/Z are more interesting to me.

Hmm, I didn't realize this thread was a grave dig that I replied to. Times change.

Post by SycoMantis91 (19 posts) See mini bio Level 6

Fate/Zero did very little for me. Attack on Titan kinda did some things I guess. So Attack on Titan is the less boring of the two

Post by DBZ_universe (15,736 posts) See mini bio Level 17

Fate/Zero

Post by taichokage (14,139 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I prefer the Fate series. Neither is something I hadn't seen before in terms of their major elements, but Fate Appeals to me more.

Post by flashback180 (862 posts) See mini bio Level 14

Fate zero .

it lived up to its name even after watching fate stay night (which happens 10 years after fate zero) ,which basically means you know who's going to win and all other spoilers in between .

attack on titan can still be better ,the problem here is the plot and story is taking its time to finish.

In the end, when you compare a finished product to a unfinished its easy to pick the completed one.

Post by taichokage (14,139 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Yeah. The author said Attack on Titan was supposed to end in about a year and that was about a year ago, but he said he was probably going to change this due to the unexpected surge of popularity. In pther words hes already dragging i beyond what he had planned. This is something that afflicts the majority of the most successful Shounen.
Post by EVA_01 (359 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Fate/Zero. AoT is severely over-hyped.

Post by takashichea (13,110 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@taichokage said:

Yeah. The author said Attack on Titan was supposed to end in about a year and that was about a year ago, but he said he was probably going to change this due to the unexpected surge of popularity. In pther words hes already dragging i beyond what he had planned. This is something that afflicts the majority of the most successful Shounen.

I thought the author of Attack on Titan stated he would end the manga in 20 volumes or so. See ANN. If he did change his mind, that's a bad decision. A dragged out story isn't the best thing to do.

Post by LHWKnight (2,753 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Fate/Zero over Attack on Titan, but only slightly, unlike most I find it hard to say one series is better than the other in a lot of cases.

ex. I like Outlaw star just as much as I like Cowboy bepop or ghost in the shell.

Or I like Tenchi muyo just as much as I like Dragon ball z or Fate/stay night.

Sorry I'm rambling again.

Post by CosmicKnight75 (640 posts) See mini bio Level 9

Liked em both but Fate/Zero pulled me in more with its engaging story and truly memorable characters as well as the genre and setting being more my thing.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel