Fantastic Anime Fan Art! -- AV MOD MATERIAL

Topic started by AV_Staff on Oct. 21, 2013. Last post by takashichea 1 year, 1 month ago.
Post by AV_Staff (0 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Staff

Welcome to the weekly fan art post here on Anime Vice. Here I will be posting a selection of fantastic fan art every week covering a variety of anime and manga, with links back to where it was originally posted by the artist so you can check out more of their awesome stuff. If you have a request for next week, leave it in the comments! Lets dig in, shall we?

Attack on Titan

A beautiful rendition of Annie Leonhardt by へび on pixiv
Here's a rather scary interpretation of Titan Eren by mayshing on deviantART
You weren't going to sleep tonight anyway, right?
A very stern Titan Eren by Narmovin on deviantART
Mikasa Ackerman by Eddy-Shinjuku on deviantART. I like the out-of-focus blurring on this one.
Mikasa Ackerman showing off her toned physique by ぶぶのすけ on pixiv
It would be unfair to let Mikasa hog the spotlight...
...so here's Levi showing a more, uhh, sultry side by Myme1 on deviantART
Some cool portraits (click to enlarge!) of Armin, Eren, and Mikasa by Nyapapa on deviantART

Kill la Kill

Particularly like the background in this picture of Ryuko Matoi by cancer on pixiv
Another Ryuko, this time by ゐ on pixiv
The textured paper effect makes it look like it was drawn with ballpoint pens.
Ryuko Matoi in Senketsu form by F██KING RUN! on pixiv
You should definitely click to enlarge to get the full effect of this one!
Satsuki Kiryuin in her Junketsu form by ぽんこつ on pixiv
Another Satsuki, this time by スズ× on pixiv
Ryuko & Satsuki - Panty & Stocking style! by おにやん on pixiv

Pokémon

Mega Pokémon are all the rage right now! Here's Mega Charizard X and Y by Haychel on deviantART
How cute is this? Misty and her Psyduck by Sa-Dui on deviantART
Another Misty in a very different style!
This time hanging out with her Horsea in this image by Joltik92 on deviantART
This is the most cheerful Ivysaur I've ever seen! By Joltik92 on deviantART
Ever wondered what a more prehistoric-looking Gyarados would look like?
Ruth-Tay on deviantART decided to find out!

Dragon Ball Z

How about a more realistic interpretation of Goku? Here's one by CangDu on deviantART
Vegeta's chargin' his attacks by tobiee on deviantART
And last but certainly not least; here's some realistic Super Buu nightmare fuel!
Made by Kimsuyeong81 on deviantART

What did you think of the selection this week? Which images stood out most to you? Let everyone know in the comments!

Want to leave a suggestion for next week? Feel free to request fan art of a certain series or character... or do you have an even more specific or unusual challenge for me? Leave it down below and if I think it's good, I'll see what I can find! See you next week!

About the Author

Daniel Newton is a freelance writer. You could probably describe him as an Otaku, Gamer, Brony, Trekkie, Pokémaniac, and a bunch of other nerdy things. He also really likes Wine Gums. If you're into any of that you can follow him on: Twitter /// tumblr /// Google+
Post by SamJaz (13,064 posts) See mini bio Level 20

When I saw that picture of Levi, I could only think of that one scene from the Titanic.

Draw me like one of your french girls.

Well. Caption contest won.

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,308 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now

I love the fact that Mikasa's ripped. Makes a nice change from typical character design.

Hope everyone likes the fan art selection this week. If you have any requests/challenges for me leave them here!

@SamJaz said:

When I saw that picture of Levi, I could only think of that one scene from the Titanic.

Draw me like one of your french girls.

Well. Caption contest won.

Yep, that's pretty much the perfect caption for that image.

Post by AURON570 (573 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I didn't know looking more realistic also meant looking more white (Goku fan art). #kappa

I like the pic of Misty and Psyduck. I almost forgot how weird/cute Psyduck could be. AND he's yellow! The same color as Pikachu.. and chocobos..

Online Now

Dan's Top 3

I think I'll pick out my personal top 3 each week. The ones I like the most. Feel free to do the same!

This is just gorgeous. I love the sharpness of her face and the shine on her hair (it almost looks like it's glowing) contrasting with the more messy, splashy look the rest of the image has.
Well... that's a fetish I didn't know I had. I guess I'm way into toned/muscular chicks now. Who knew! Anime needs more Amazonian Beauties.
Look at this little guy! He's/she's so happy! I think Ivysaur is kind of underrated. Venasaur sucks though.

@AURON570 said:

I didn't know looking more realistic also meant looking more white (Goku fan art). #kappa

To be fair most anime characters don't really look Asian to me, though I'm not saying they look more Caucasian either. Anime characters are anime characters as far as I'm concerned.

Also Goku's an alien.

Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Love the Annie pics as well. And the KLK characters Panty and Stocking style yeah I seen that coming XD.

Post by 5th (1,392 posts) See mini bio Level 10

If only there were a girl like Mikasa. Sigh.

Online Now

@Sonata said:

Love the Annie pics as well. And the KLK characters Panty and Stocking style yeah I seen that coming XD.

Maybe I'll find some more Kill la Kill x Panty & Stocking pics next week. I think Panty and Stocking would suit kamui outfits pretty well don't you? Panty would probably be way into it.

@5th said:

If only there were a girl like Mikasa. Sigh.

Ha, the only downside being you'd never be able to look at another girl again...

Post by 5th (1,392 posts) See mini bio Level 10

@Daniel_Newton:

xD

Post by zaldar (1,300 posts) See mini bio Level 15

I love how the pictures from kill la kill put more clothes on the character than the show does...rather a reversal of the normal procedure...

Post by Sonata (35,690 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Daniel_Newton: I sure do. Panty and Stocking's undergarments do turn into weapons so it wouldn't be too farfetched for them to wear something similar to a Kamui.

Post by takashichea (14,401 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

Late to the party. Damn Daniel, love it when you cater the fan art/fan service for guys and gals with the Attack on Titan.

Did Satsuki had that spine thong thing on her back? I thought she was bare back. It look like a skeleton thong.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel