Lordie, it's been a pretty busy week here at the Vice...well, once it wasn't a holiday anyway. Plenty went down, so if you missed it because you were spending time with family and/or traveling (like me!), here's your weekly recap:
We had a little bit of word on Stan Lee and Hiroyuki Takei's Ultimo-- the Japanese version will be released in February, so hopefully we'll see it soon too. I had some suggestions for manga that comics readers might enjoy, and for the reverse as well, which you can see here. A company decided to cash in on the popularity of tentacle porn with a grape soda, if you can believe it, Canadian manga fans had some trouble with customs, and. Oh yeah, and FUNimation licensed Soul Eater and Evangelion 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone.
Meanwhile in Japan, otaku were finding ways to act out their fantasies of marrying anime characters, watching a trailer for the Chun Li film (which seems almost universally disliked), cosplaying as Lucky Star characters, and complaining about tourists who hassle geisha.
- The biggest news of the week, of course, was the latest Watchmen ruling-- in favor of Fox, leaving fans unsure of whether the film will actually come out.
- In happier news, though, the Vine finished up their Best of 2008 awards.
- That hentai soda was a big hit with the comickers, too.
- Finally, Cartoon Network uploaded some videos of upcoming Batman and Clone Wars episodes.
- Man, Tentacle Grape is really making the rounds-- even the gamers are in on the joke now.
- Meanwhile the guys also completed their own Best of 2008 list to close out the year and make room for 2009.
- Did you know there's going to be a Michael Phelps video game? I think he needs a gold medal for “fastest acquisition of a dozen spokesman contracts,” too.
Good times all around!