Family Friday 03/20/09

Topic started by gia on March 20, 2009. Last post by DocHaus 5 years, 5 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

It's time once again to check in with our big brothers (no, not Big Brothers, just regular big brothers), Comic Vine and Giant Bomb. And while we're at it, here's some of the biggest news in Vice-land.

Curly
Curly
Anime Vice:

From delicious sheet girls to rejoicing at the reappearance of a missing girl, from Asuka's worrying name change to the outright terrifying Twilight anime, Syfy to lots of new anime to GLAY and finally the Tokyo Anime Fair...yeah, it's been another crazy week!

And keep your eyes peeled this Sunday for the Spring 2009 Anime Preview!

Larry
Larry
Comic Vine:

Marvel gears up for a new MMO. There are too many damn MMOs, if you ask me.

Gman wonders if Nightwing will be the new Batman, now that the last Batman “died.”

Wanna see how Comic Vine reacted to Toei's live-action Spider-Man from the 70s? Here you go!

Moe
Moe
Giant Bomb:

PC-based multiplayer gaming service Steam starts a new program for offering downloadable content to PC gamers.

The boys get to check out the new Metal Gear Solid iPhone game.

Aaaand BioShock 2 is getting a simultaneous release for all the systems. GOOD TIMES, this.

Post by RedRoses (1,437 posts) See mini bio Level 14
I was never into MMOs and I agree... there's way too many of them. I mean if there's even a Sanrio (or is it exclusively Hello Kitty?) one, that's when you know there's too many.

I'm still stunned about that MGS iPhone game. It just seems so out of place with the rest of the series.

Curly is my favorite Stooge. <3
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13
Seriously, mightn't it not behoove Marvel to piggyback on something like City of Heroes? It'd save them a shit ton of money and effort trying to build an MMO's userbase and make them look pretty cool.

Though I guess it might be a little awkward since they tried to SUE the City of Heroes creators in '04...=P
Post by DocHaus (931 posts) See mini bio Level 18
I think they'll bring Batman back. They'll use a plot device if they have to, but they'll bring him back. He's too damn popular to kill off just like that.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel