Busy busy busy busy weeks all around!
The gains and losses are like watching the stock market these days: We lost Seirei no Moribito on Adult Swim, gained a classic '80s anime, lost Best Buy and gained Seiken no Blacksmith. We got Takashi Miike and Sho Sakurai at NYCC, and lost Bandai Entertainment employees. Then we lost and then regained Haruhi-chan, and Peach-Pit came back, but now we may lose Nodame mangaka Tomoko Ninomiya. Rough stuff all around!
- The big news is no doubt Heath Ledger's Oscar nod for playing the Joker in The Dark Knight, but there's plenty more news to go around:
- Stan Lee is taking on homophobia with a new TV special project based on Perry Moore's Hero.
- The movie version of Preacher, a favorite comic of mine, now has a writer: John August, who wrote The Corpse Bride and the Charlie's Angels flicks.
- And the site is running a contest to determine who Dr. Doom's master is.
- Apparently that guy who locked himself in a room as an attempt to protest Nintendo's decision not to give him a DS developer kit isn't just crazy, he's really crazy. Either that or the Japanese mafia has actually burgled him. Make up your own mind.
- A UK-based company has established a dating website aimed specifically at gamers. I kinda like the idea. Maybe you can even set up to have a 'date' within World of Warcraft, thus bypassing the need to leave your house at all!
- There's more talk of the Dragonball Evolution PSP game, natch.
- Aaaand there's also a fun video talking about some of the new downloadable content for Fable II.