Family Friday 01/09/08

Topic started by gia on Jan. 9, 2009. Last post by LordAndrew 5 years, 8 months ago.
Post by gia (3,032 posts) See mini bio Level 13

It's that time again! (“To get our rabies shots?” “To remember the Alamo?”) No! It's time for Family Friday! Here's what's being passed around along with the Whiskey (Media) bottle.

Never Gonna Give You Up
Never Gonna Give You Up
Anime Vice:

A new anime season has been opening up in Japan, and I'm doing my best to keep up with the first episodes of as many of 'em as possible. I've been doing my traditional “first date” posts, where I talk about the story and production qualties for each series, and whether I personally want to keep watching them. So far I've chatted up: Akikan!, White Album, Maria Holic, and Minamike Okaeri.

Valkyria Chronicles isn't selling as well as Sega would like, as if anything ever really could. The Chun Li movie poster is almost as bad as the trailer, and Hayao Miyazaki celebrated his birthday! I also want to remind you that the CLAMP Appreciation Project is underway.

Man, I don't post things that aren't either interesting or important, so it's hard to pick exactly what items to share here! We got a new Vocaloid character, and Speed Racer was nominated for a Worst Picture Razzie award, while such titles as Twilight and You Don't Mess With the Zohan got off scot-free, to my horror. As vengeance on mainstream audiences, I encourage you to Skew the Vote!

Okay, time to move on to my big brothers before they decide to beat me up.

Never Gonna Let You Down
Never Gonna Let You Down
Comic Vine:

It seems like every day brings more news, rumors, and buzz about the Watchmen movie lawsuit. The latest is a tiny little ray of hope that Fox and WB will work things out. Ethan and Tony speculated on superheroes' hands, which is actually a really fun, random conversation. The readers are also speculating, but this time about villains-- for the next Superman and Spiderman flicks.

But the coolest thing all week at the Vine? President Obama meets Spidey. Too awesome.

Never Gonna Run Around and Hurt You
Never Gonna Run Around and Hurt You
Giant Bomb:

My personal favorite item at Giant Bomb this week was Jeff's response to Sony's handy-dandy chart which they feel proves that the PS3 is the best deal on entertainment-- which I don't even necessarily disagree with, but c'mon. Anyway, Jeff offered an even better chart, which proves that the best deal is actually a cheese sandwich.

But that's not all that went on, of course: users are mourning the loss of Electronic Gaming Monthly, rickrolling themselves on LittleBigPlanet, and Jeff also finally makes sense of Sonic the Hedgehog.

Post by ComradeCrash (152 posts) See mini bio Level 7
Huh! Quick! I have to go get a cheese sandwich! :P
Post by Agent_Lost (1,124 posts) See mini bio Level 10
YEP, I'm Hardcore Sandwich Fanboy, Sony got nothing on it.
Post by Niko (865 posts) See mini bio Level 8
Awesome Spider-terrorist fist jab
Post by LordAndrew (152 posts) See mini bio Level 11
The ham sandwich debate really heats up in the comments. Fanboyism FTW.
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel