Fairy Tail sucks (this is only my opinion don't hate)

Topic started by MrASSH0LE on Nov. 6, 2010. Last post by takashichea 1 year ago.
Post by takashichea (13,334 posts) See mini bio Level 25
Online Now

There are two similar threads:

1. Why I hate Fairy Tail - in Fairy Tail forums and more organized
  2. Fairy Tail sucks (this is only my opinion don't hate) - in General Discussion forums and has the most comments/views

Overall, they send out the same message. I suggest that you notify a mod to delete the first thread (Why I hate Fairy Tail) after transferring your opinions to this thread and to move this thread to the Fairy Tail forum page.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I enjoy both the anime and the manga. I could never quite get into Naruto and barely tried One Piece. Bleach is fun but is really slow at times. But with Fairy Tail I've never gotten bored.

Post by Justinjae95 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 4
Naruto, one piece, and maybe.... Bleach cannot be compared to novice manga like fairy tail. What irks me is that fairy tail has become so popular. Im only on episode 5 of fairy tail and can see where its going due to this forum. Props to mrAsshole and co.. Btw you moderators piss me off, ppl shoukd at least have the right to hate on their own dam. Forum
Online Now

@Justinjae95 said:

Naruto, one piece, and maybe.... Bleach cannot be compared to novice manga like fairy tail. What irks me is that fairy tail has become so popular. Im only on episode 5 of fairy tail and can see where its going due to this forum. Props to mrAsshole and co.. Btw you moderators piss me off, ppl shoukd at least have the right to hate on their own dam. Forum

You may want to reword your last sentence. Everyone's entitled to their own opinions.

Since you're new, welcome to Anime Vice. I hope you enjoy stay here. Please read the forum faq about etiquette. Thank you.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,743 posts) See mini bio Level 17

@Justinjae95 said:

Btw you moderators piss me off, ppl shoukd at least have the right to hate on their own dam. Forum

Hey that's not nice...

I like Fairy Tail...

I like the manga even more actually!

Post by ohgodwhy (1,593 posts) See mini bio Level 12

@DBZ_universe: This. The manga's really good, more interesting than Bleach imo.

Post by Destinyheroknight (10,342 posts) See mini bio Level 21

Why do people keep bumping this thread? Let it die already

@ohgodwhy: Yes agree... after Aizen I stopped reading....

Post by taichokage (14,376 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Lol it got better again after Aizen. Not necessarily like it was when it started but better than its been in a while. The full ring mini arc wasnt necessarily better but the thousand year blood arc is. As for Fairy Take, it's ok. Not great. One Piece and even Naruto are better but it's decent. Typical shonen anime.
Post by rhapsody_my_ass (10 posts) See mini bio Level 7

Yeah, great enumeration. After all you marked it as Fairy Tail's MAIN PROBLEMS. And you just written that MUCH.

1. The main character. May I say a GOAL applies more / appeals more to those which are long-term in nature. Thus said, is Lucy having a goal - "to be a member of Fairy Tail" - does it actually look like a goal? And you said, she did it at the end of FIRST EPISODE. Cheers. I think that was just an introductory element, simply a way to make a connection to a character and Fairy Tail, the title itself. It should not count as a goal. What's her goal then? I believe its something like " TO BE A GREAT FAIRY TAIL MAGE". Uhhh, sounds like a PSYCHOLOGICAL TRAIT (above poster mentioned), then compare it with Naruto. Becoming a great mage. Becoming a hokage. Sounds legit. But due to the series, idk if it reached its halfway, we can then assign more SPECIFIC GOALS for Lucy, as I believe Mashima didn't gave a clear one. Who knows, IT MIGHT BE TO AVENGE HER DECEASED MOTHER, anything can happen. Of course goals can happen at a later point of time.

2.Unfortunately there is one. Perhaps, there should be more than one. PLOT, fairy tail has no plot, right? Actually the plot was set earlier than you have imagined. Only it doesn't sound so mysterious or speculative, but the plot clearly revolves around the disappearance of dragons. I should say all the story arcs that happened were a supplier of little details that can be used as a clue to resolve the said matter. Moreover, because the series were undergoing a ride of thickening plot as the grand magic games start to end (kinda ironic lol), one can assign an alternative plot but we don't know if this is really the main plot, as Mashima really isn't direct and accurate, WHAT IS FAIRY TAIL BUILT FOR? Hmmm. "MAVIS IS A FAIRY. LUMEN ETOILE. SHOULD WE SAY FAIRY TAIL IS MORE LIKE A GUARDIANS OF SOME SORT ACTING LIKE NORMAL WIZARDS IN THE SURFACE?" If you cannot appreciate these as twists on the plot, well I can't do anything more. Okay so the plot is all "foggy and blurry", there is NO MAIN PLOT, instead, THERE ARE NUMEROUS CONCLUSIVE PLOTS (the way I see it). Perhaps later we can connect them all.

3. Help me here, but I kinda don't know that Lightning Natsu can reactivate by itself. Like you mean he can wish to use lightning if he wants too? What episode?

4. WAY TOO GOOD. Yeah, to be serious, it kinda ticks me off that Natsu never lost a battle, I have to agree with you in this matter. But I think Mashima shows it in a way NATSU KINDA LOSES THE BATTLE IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIGHT, but his win at the end always overwhelms the fact that he is not that good, COMPARED TO A MORE FLAWLESSLY BATTLE-TRAINED ERZA SCARLET. I mean Erza can give your confidence that she won't do any crap (at least in her battle strategies). Natsu is way too overpowered when it comes to tactical battles, but then, we have to include emotions and ideals, and that is how NATSU BECOMES STRONG ... only in that aspect. Also, he has this overwhelming reason why he's into fighting. We all know what it is.

5. What is bull**** in Natsu getting chibi by a spell from Gildarts? Have nothing to say...

6. I think the seven years time skip is rather cool, as it offers a real challenge to Faiy Tail team. We were always getting this impression that FT is unsurpassable, invincible, cannot be defeated, etc. I just don't like the time skip episodes being so shortened, I want to see more sufferings, hopelessness. But still the time skip was a disalignment in pattern, so few anime included this in their subplots. Involving time, there is abundance of time machine, time warp, BUT NO TIME SKIP. And what were you actually complaining about their training? The associations were good enough - TIME ARC = time manipulation. Ans so they got their own second container to improve their power more. Its not like the idea is scattered, it still connects.

7. Haven't come accross yet with One Piece.

8. Natsu's motion sickness is relevant in some ways. It allowed Lucy to battle Angel of Oracion Seis. It allowed him to meet Kageyama (holder of Lullaby Flute) in a train. Moreover, it allowed Natsu to fight in mid-air with Cobra of Oracion Seis. I mean that battle was way too awesome too handle. Thus, that motion sickness was sort of being used to manipulate the whos, whens and wheres of some events in FT. Not entirely useless at all. Also, for the sake of comedy.

9. HEARTFILIA, DRAGNEEL, SCARLET, FULLBUSTER - these were just their English names matched to resemble the original Japanese names. For example, Dragneel is actually "DURAGNIRU", Erza is "ERUZA", Gray is "GUREI". Just look at it on Wikia page of FT.

10. Its not in any way relevant to the plot. The crossover was solely made for squirming fans of Ravemaster.

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

as soon as i saw the pictures of the Fairy Tail characters , i knew it wasn't a good anime.

Post by rhapsody_my_ass (10 posts) See mini bio Level 7

its good

Post by chechemon (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2

just watch what anime you think doesn't suck. I LOVE fairy tail. :D

Post by Mikey4901 (8 posts) See mini bio Level 8

Fairy tail uh i mean fairy fail is just a cheap rip off to one piece.

It would be better if they would add some blood not much as berserk or elfen lied as much as in naruto or one piece and some drama.

Cuz without these it dosen't deserve the title anime it's just a saturday morning cartoon

I've watched 30 episodes of it just couldn't take it anymore

Post by Shotgun (6 posts) See mini bio Level 5

The series is a bit mild. Some of the battles are too insignificant and I got tired of the guild vs. guild thing that the author keeps on regurgitating out into different forms. There was heavy fanservice that appeared from the start of the series too.

Post by MimoJaxHixie (5 posts) See mini bio Level 6

i hate how people say about fairy tail.. it just doesn't seem right.. the author did his best but if you don't like it, you shouldn't mock it.. i loved fairy tail even though the episode after that 7 years gap about the time thingy is way boring but still, i love it.. if this anime have some real purpose, it won't last long. that is my opinion.. thanks..

Post by AFGM (144 posts) See mini bio Level 9

FT it's entertaining, nothin' more.

I thought it would pick up progressively and the Tenrou Island arc would be its redemption...but then it all turn to crap, i never felt any real threat towards the primary characters, and on top of that, the ridiculous powerup "Second Origin"...entertaining, nothin' more.

Online Now

@EraserCannon:

Sorry, having computer issues. here. It's was just a minor F bomb I took out.

@AFGM:

I agree with you. I thought the series would be better after the Tenrou arc. The time skip wasn't that great. They cheated training with some weird nonsense that I find quite similar to how Ichigo got powered up enough to beat Aizen.

It's a light hearted show. I wouldn't expect major death scenes. There was one instance where one of the main Fairy Tail guild members was presumed dead, but it was fixed within one chapter via a spell that came out of nowhere. I don't want to spoil you.

Fairy Tail is lucky that it got so far, over 100 episodes and 30 volumes. Rave Master was a different beast. It was more serious, but its anime series got cancelled.

Post by katmic (436 posts) See mini bio Level 10

Lucky definitely describes what has happened to fairy tail these past few years. I still don't know how or why it has such a large fan base. Most fairy tail threads i come across keep comparing fairy tail to rave master, which makes me wonder which of the two is better. Personally from what i have heard so far they seem like copies of each other.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel