Fairy Tail sucks (this is only my opinion don't hate)

Topic started by MrASSH0LE on Nov. 6, 2010. Last post by takashichea 10 months, 2 weeks ago.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,247 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@Mortein:
I think you should watch it or read somebody else opinion before you make that choice.  
That just really unfair to the show, that like me saying Dragon Ball Z suck to people who haven't watch it
Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
@Destinyheroknight said:

" @Mortein: I think you should watch it or read somebody else opinion before you make that choice.  That just really unfair to the show, that like me saying Dragon Ball Z suck to people who haven't watch it "

yeah, but there are lots of things I plan to watch, and so little time, so I have to exclude something. 
It doesn't mean I will never watch it, but I was about to start watching it today, and then instead I started reading Elfen Lied.  
Contrary to the conclusion you could have got about me and my relationship with DBZ from battle threads, I think DBZ is only average, or slightly above average anime, and I almost never use DBZ material for wanking.
Post by taichokage (13,021 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Online Now
@Mortein said:
" I was just about to start watching it, now because of this thread I won't "
lol I was thinking the same. I hear though that it is highly popular manga, directly after the HST on some sites.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,328 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@taichokage:
@Mortein:

Yea poeple care about my critics 
*high fives himself*
Post by demonone23 (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2
Guys Fairy Tail's animation is starting to suck so is their sense of comedy, fighting scenes and many moree... and dude theyre at the pont where almost the half an ep is trying to understand  and take in many simple stuff *sigh* it just sucks
Post by TraRobins (3 posts) See mini bio Level 3

This is how I see it. Fairy Tail is a decent series. It starts off very well. The characters have their own quirks which made it funny. The character designs mostly sucked, but I don't like cartoony styles. I prefer the styles of BLEACH, Eureka seveN, Mirai Nikki, etc. It's fun to read. And At least every character gets a backstory, though most of them are so "woe is me." On the downside, It has many consistencies. Too many to count. Also, the battles lose their flare. I don't want to see two guys punching the crap out of each other. I want to see a battle where being stabbed and burned makes a difference in the long run. The powers are creative, but get boring really fast. Certain characters are just way to powerful. *cough*Natsu*cough* And they wait far too long to introduce characters. It seems that nothing they do has repercussions and finally, I'm sick of the power of friendship having a physical manifestation. I don't care how much your friends love you, you should just lose. Friendship doesn't stop third degree burns. But, if you don't take this series so seriously like I do, It's fun to read. I'm up to date, so I should know. Read it, but don't look too much into it. And look at each arc as an arc by itself, because the story isn't cohesive.

You know I used to like Fairy Tail, but the story went downhill for me (and the Friendship got on my last nerve) So yeah I dislike it now

Post by Levance (1,846 posts) See mini bio Level 12

Fairy tail isn't the most original think that I have seen, but I prefer it after series like Bleach, DBZ, Naruto or One piece, because of one single fact

IT ONLY TAKES BETWEEN 2-3 EPISODES TO FINISH A BATTLE, it becomes really desparing to see a battle that take like 20 episodes and most of the time are very predictable.

However to me is below shonens like Full metal alchemist or Hunter X Hunter

@Levance:

One Piece and Naruto usually take about three or four episodes for one battle

You kidding right?, the battle against Enel took at least 20 episodes, luffy reaching enel, fighting enel, falling from the ship, trying to reach the arc, etc. etc.

How about Pain's battle, that was easily over five only in the naruto part, well in this case is a bit exagerated from my part though. But I really preffer short fights xD

PD: Preffer is used right here, refering to my preferences, etc. Does that word even exist?

@Levance:

I did said usually, and can you think of any more that take that long? Also One Piece and Naruto have a pretty good story (but I did dislike that pain fight)

PD: Preffer is used right here, refering to my preferences, etc. Does that word even exist?

But I just saying the battles (normally) ain't that long

Hahaha, you got me there.

Naruto's story is becoming to me everyday more boring.

One piece story is very original, but not my kind of story, and also it bored me at certain point.

In Fairy's tail case, is more like a distractor, I usually watch no shonen series (more like seinen or science fiction), so to me Fairy tail is like a rest. But even if I like it over other series, it doesn't mean that I believe that its story is superior, in that fact i'm neutral

@Levance:

With me I love how shonen are, but Fairy Tail (Bleach) bug me to the point of dislike it

Also I going to wait until Hunter X Hunter is done to read it (since I don't like long hiatus)

Well it look like my job is done here

Post by Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto (8,779 posts) See mini bio Level 18

Shoot... now I HAVE to check this series out before even more topics like this get dug up from the grave in which they should belong. :D

Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

today's anime are not about "friendship is magic"? XD

Post by Fire Star (3,730 posts) See mini bio Level 16

I like Fairy Tail, it isn't the greatest out there, but I enjoy it.

Post by ReVamp (18 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I enjoy Fairy Tail too, I think its a pretty good manga, but I remember watching half a dozen episodes of the manga and not being able to stand it.

Post by SenseiAcademy (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2

I dont wish to upset anyone but Fairy Tail is a TERRIBLE manga.

I dont want to write too much so Ill just start with its main problems.

1: There is no clear main character. Is it Lucy? Is it Natsu? Who knows. It started off as Lucy (Kinda the main character) having her goal being to be a member of Fairy Tail. AND SHE DOES IT! IN THE FIRST EPISODE!!!!!! What is that!? Now she has no goal.

2: There is no plot. The entire basis of the show is magic guilds fighting each other with magic. What is the overall conclusion they are going for? Unfortunately there isnt one.

3: A TON of things just dont make sense. Just to list a couple, First why does Natsu get Lightning Fire mode FOREVER!? Laxus gave him SOME power just to beat Hades. But for some reason, now he can activate that mode whenever he wants!

Also in one chapter (dont remember exactally) some guy fighting Gray slides around on his armor for like half a mile. When Gray asks "How are you doing that?" The guys HONEST responce is "I dont know." WHAT IS THAT!?

4: Natsu is TOO GOOD! No matter who the enemy is Natsu (and quite frankly the whole guild) will win REGARDLESS of how tough the opponent is. Without ANY training! They just get better in an instant.

5: That Bull S**T with Natsu fighting Gildartz and having Natsu just turn into a bunch of tiny Natsu.

6: What Was that Time skip Bologna!? So normal fight. WOAH DRAGON! Boom, island gone. Then 7 YEARS!?!?!?!? Just because everyone else does a time skip doesnt mean you have to do one longer than anyone elses. Ok cool now magic tournament happening you guys got 3 months of training. (Wait you mean NOW they'll actually train!?) No wait we partied too much so now its 3 days, but its ok, we can make the WHOLE guild stronger with 1 spell that has no side effects other than small pain. Way to go Fairy Tail.

7: The entire writing is bad. He trys to make it like One Piece (Which NO ONE should EVER compare Fairy Tail to. Eichiiro Oda is a Genius! Hiro Mashima is the opposite) and he puts in jokes that arent even funny.

8: Natsu cant handle transportation. Was that REALLY necessary.

9: The character names are poor to say the least. Lucy HEARTFILIA? Natsu DRAGONELE? The only 2 names I like are Erza Scarlet and Gray Fullbuster.

And Finally 10: Who does a crossover with THEIR OWN MANGA!?!?!?!? Its only because One Piece and Toriko (Another GREAT manga) Did a cross over just before that.

So Thank You for your time. You are all entitled to your own opinions.

And Thank YOU Hiro Mashima for an absolute atrocity in the Anime/ Manga world.

Post by DBZ_universe (15,676 posts) See mini bio Level 17

I like Fairy tail!! but you are right there is no blood or burned people.... that's why I stck to the manga instead. and wo cares if it doesn't has a purpose like you said... it actually makes it more interesting... enough wit the purpose.... but Natsu does ave one... to meet Igneel

Post by ReVamp (18 posts) See mini bio Level 7

I remember the Anime being pretty bad, but I love the manga.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel