Fairy Tail sucks (this is only my opinion don't hate)

Topic started by MrASSH0LE on Nov. 6, 2010. Last post by takashichea 9 months, 1 week ago.
Post by sickVisionz (4,238 posts) See mini bio Level 24
@Destinyheroknight said:
"  There a lot of anime characters that look a like. Fairy Tail's author even said he was influenced by One Piece that why the art and characters look the same way.  Can you point how there Fairy Tail character personality are the same as One Piece character? Fairy Tail have a nice story that don't go all over places. "
Hmm, I don't understand how you can say this now but a few posts above you were saying One Piece and Fairy Tail weren't similar at all. 

As far as personalities, Natsu = Luffy.  A loud mouth guy with a heart of gold who loves to fight and eat.  Both of them aren't the brightest person that you'll run across, but they have a fierce loyalty to their nakama, a word that both of them shout no less than 50 times per episode.  Along their journeys they meet up with a rag tag group of misfits, all of whom have some super tragic background.  One of their companions is a large breasted young woman who looks cute but has a sharp mind and can slick talk or finagle their way out of situations and she plays the role of the one semi-sane person in the crew who can keep a level head when everyone else goes fight crazy or is being careless.   Both of them even have comedic small animal sidekicks.

There's probably more direct character comparisons to make but I don't know anything about OP after episode like 122 and I don't know anything about FT after episode 32.

The art styles of the shows are super similar and on top of that, the characters of Fairy Tail kinda dress like pirates do in One Piece, which is super odd considering that the show is about magicians... although if you're copying One Piece I can understand why you'd style them that way.
Post by MrASSH0LE (2,321 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@Kuma_From_Argentina said:  
You 've said and I quote
the anime that really lacks of a mayor objective is Bleach, Ichigo only jumps from objective to objective, Rescuing Rukia, Then Orihime, Then beating Aizen, and now he is aimless, as he was as the start of the series, and if you say that Ichigo objective is to protect his loved ones so does Erza or almost any fairy tail Memeber.   
I have responded saying saying that most arcs were about Aizen (Rescuing Rukia,Hueco Mundo part 1, Hueco Mundo part 2, the current anime arc,100 years ago arc). 

Again I have responded to that simply because DN and FT are from different genres does not change the obvious fact that anime in general have a purpose. If you don't have anything that challenges that claim well I recommend you stop tryinng to make lame attempts at winning this debate by resorting to facts that are irrelevant (no offense intended).
Post by rein (5,465 posts) See mini bio Level 15
@sickVisionz: I had originally believed in the same one piece = fairy tail connection but most of the characters (with the possible exception of natsu)  have developed to a point where they don't feel like cheap rip offs.
Post by Destinyheroknight (10,184 posts) See mini bio Level 21
@sickVisionz said:

" @Destinyheroknight said:

"  There a lot of anime characters that look a like. Fairy Tail's author even said he was influenced by One Piece that why the art and characters look the same way.  Can you point how there Fairy Tail character personality are the same as One Piece character? Fairy Tail have a nice story that don't go all over places. "

Hmm, I don't understand how you can say this now but a few posts above you were saying One Piece and Fairy Tail weren't similar at all.  As far as personalities, Natsu = Luffy.  A loud mouth guy with a heart of gold who loves to fight and eat.  Both of them aren't the brightest person that you'll run across, but they have a fierce loyalty to their nakama, a word that both of them shout no less than 50 times per episode.  Along their journeys they meet up with a rag tag group of misfits, all of whom have some super tragic background.  One of their companions is a large breasted young woman who looks cute but has a sharp mind and can slick talk or finagle their way out of situations and she plays the role of the one semi-sane person in the crew who can keep a level head when everyone else goes fight crazy or is being careless.   Both of them even have comedic small animal sidekicks.  There's probably more direct character comparisons to make but I don't know anything about OP after episode like 122 and I don't know anything about FT after episode 32.The art styles of the shows are super similar and on top of that, the characters of Fairy Tail kinda dress like pirates do in One Piece, which is super odd considering that the show is about magicians... although if you're copying One Piece I can understand why you'd style them that way. "
I didn't say that they wasn't similar at all. I said "I still don't see your silly point about Fairy Tail copying One Piece. Both authors said they was influenced by Dragon Ball." 
 I give up, I don't have the skills to debate very well. But I will come back to this when I get better at it. Until then they both One Piece and Fairy Tail are different. 
Post by hitsusatsu11 (10,732 posts) See mini bio Level 20
Its like One Piece only with magic
@sickVisionz:
Also have you noticed how much their pushing the femal fanservice with Natsu? 
I mean the man is a fucking wizard he doesnt NEED to be muscular?I mean i am not some jealous guy I am fine with male characters being ripped but their has to be a logical reason (Ed is a martial artist and trained with Al/Izumi as a child, Goku is a sayan trained by a master martial artist, Ichigo is always fighting in close combat) it is like Jacob being ripped in Twilight.
Post by Kuma_From_Argentina (6,637 posts) See mini bio Level 13
@mrassh0le:  
You know what, this debate isnt worth my time, I'm really tired of tryng making you understand one simple point but you know what I'm fed up, now I remember why I left the battle forums or any other debate and tried luck in RPG... 

You dont like Fairy Tail good for you... 
Why the hell do you need to post it here as a challenge to anybody that likes the series? I dont freaking now 
You posted your top 5 worst anime list, so why the special distinction to Fairy Tail?

Not worth your time ? YOU are the one who kept making excuses for FT saying "Well it isn't the same type as DN" when I clearly explained how it is a detail that is irrelevant. 
You have tried to say FT has a purpose outside of just doing random quests and going threw random arcs by mentionning Igneel .Even if it is the purpose in FT well it sure is not the attention it should be getting. 
You have tried to make an excuse for the celestial gardiens being ridiculous by saying that it was Lucy's fault...wich his crap based on the sole fact that the author is the one that created this dumb rule.
Post by Daniel_Newton (3,182 posts) See mini bio Level 20
@Kuma_From_Argentina: @mrassh0le:  
Guys, I appreciate lively discussion, but I'd appreciate it more if you stopped flaming at each other. You each have your own opinions about Fairy Tail and points why you do or don't like it. I don't want to see you trying to cram your opinions down each other's throats, regardless of whether it's just one of you doing that or both of you, regardless of who started it. 

If you don't like a particular franchise, I see little point in posting about it, that's asking for trouble. Just post about what you do like. 
Equally if you do like something and someone's hating on it, just ignore it. 

Now, personally I like Fairy Tail, I recently started watching it. I don't think the plot or characters are amazingly deep, but I don't think they need to be. I see it as a shounen series that doesn't take itself too seriously. I might even go as far to say that Fairy Tail is to Bleach what K-On! is to Clannad, if I was going to make a quick comparison. 
But that's just my opinion, I'm entitled to it and you don't have to agree with it.
@Destinyheroknight said:
"@One of things I didn't like about the anime was the blood, but the manga does have lots of it.  Some people like comedy over action. If you don't like it then don't watch it.  I like the story, everything feel connect. Unlike some other anime/manga titles out there  "

If you do not like me talking about FT in a negative way well don't read it :) 
Also most poeplel don't like comedy over action  and FT is a FIGHTING SHOW it should be based aroung fighitng and it still change the f act that you need to seperate comedy from action how are my to take a situation seriosuly if there is a pervy bull and Happy acting like idiots. 
As for blood we are not alking about the manga but about the anime so you saying the MANGA as blood is not relevant
Post by Organicalistic_ (182 posts) See mini bio Level 12
@mrassh0le: well, i am glad you didn't give out a ton of details about the show like you did on screened
@mrassh0le: 

If you do not like me talking about FT in a negative way well don't read it :)

I like to read negative stuff. I like see other people point about thing I like.

Also most people don't like comedy over action  and FT is a FIGHTING SHOW it should be based around fighting and it still change the fact that you need to separate comedy from action how are my to take a situation seriously if there is a perv bull and Happy acting like idiots.

The anime is an Action, Adventure, Comedy, and Fantasy. Why do you think Fairy Tail is base around fighting? You can clearing see in the first episode that there was a lot of comedy in it.

As for blood we are not talking about the manga but about the anime so you saying the MANGA as blood is not relevant

I was just pointing it out to you
Post by dimmoe (1 posts) See mini bio Level 2
the show sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its one of those gimmicks shows that everyone watches because everyone watches. it sucks so damn bad its not even funny. ( this is just my opinion; if you like the show, then continue supporting it. but the show is beyond  ridiculously boring , lame, bad writing, and horrible animation)
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

People like you are impossbile to have a normal debate with....  

agreed   
@SilverGalford:
what do you mean? 
@mrassh0le: 
I think he talking about that one thread you and him was on, I forgot which one it was on
@Destinyheroknight:
OK thanks
Post by SilverGalford (2,951 posts) See mini bio Level 11

I think he talking about that one thread you and him was on, I forgot which one it was on  
LOL!  

LOL!   
@ngkachun said:
" @mr_monday said:

" First of all: I like Fairy Tail But to be honest, is has it weak points, I cant deny that.  The fights are pretty much "ooooh I gonna fight you. Oooooh you're too strong. Wait I got the power of friendship I can beat you. Oh, I already won with one strike, after you hitted me like half a million times" . It can really get kind of silly.

This is one of the major weakness of MOST Japanese Anime and Manga, one of the famous example is Saint Seiya, not many Japanese anime/manga (e.g. One Piece) are trying to fix it.

Actually that is a stereotype, most animes aren't like that alot of animes even have a great phylosophical metaphors and questions about morality  
example:FMA,FMAB,Death note,Code Geass,Afro Samurai,Monster,Samurai Champloo,Cowboy Bebop etc. 
and even if I was wrong simply cause something most the time doesn't mean it is right.
@ngkachun said:
However  mrassh0le  should know something about Fairy Tail : Simon and Rob died in front of Erza, and the ELIMINATION of blood may be done before TV boardcasting (for children) just like the Anime of One Piece (the Japanese version is different from US version):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMH5fiPpooc
"

I have watched the subbed version of FT and there was no blood ,I wacthed the show up to 25 and never did one person die. 

Post by Mortein (1,558 posts) See mini bio Level 9
I was just about to start watching it, now because of this thread I won't
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel