Dunce Cap: We Are Robots in Disguise

Topic started by sotyfan16 on Nov. 7, 2011. Last post by sotyfan16 2 years, 11 months ago.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Hey Vicers! Welcome to another episode of Dunce Cap. This one is back on topic but be warned that it breaks new ground in the segment's history. I am joined by fellow user Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto, whose detailed knowledge made this a fun one to make. Today's topic is 1986's animated film 'The Transformers: The Movie' so be prepared for rocking out, plenty of laughs, and line quoting! Just ignore the fact that this episode is 50 minutes long and you'll be fine!

WARNING! This video contains explicit language.

Want to guest-host an episode of Dunce Cap? Go here!

Please feel free to provide suggestions for an anime or manga for me to talk about and I will do my best to oblige. Also, if you are curious about anything discussed in this-or previous-episode(s) don't hesitate to ask me for more information/opinions.

Last episode: Off-Topic-Artemis Fowl Part 4

Makoto_Mizuhara_Sakamoto enjoys RPing and the classics.

-Will McQuigg ( sotyfan16) is your everyday anime/manga enthusiast. You can also find him on Twitter ( bildo_88).

Post by takashichea (13,187 posts) See mini bio Level 25

I may not be a big Transformer fan, but I find the fact that the voice for Optimus Prime was the same voice over the years interesting. Peter Cullen has talent and kept it going.

As for Tom in Toonami, I agree with you guys. I liked the first and the second one. The fourth one became more kid friendly to broaden the audiences. I can't remember the third Tom. That's all I remember from the Dunce Cap. I have to listen to it again.

I'll call EgantheVile1 since he's the Transformer expert to make this thread to come to life.

Edit:

Transformer's shows that I watched

• Transformers Armada and Energon
  • Beast Wars 1 and 2
  • Transformers live action movies 1 and 2

@takashichea:

Hell I'm just glad you attempted to watch this. lol sickVisionz calls this a "blockbuster". But yeah, lots of interesting background info.

I found some of the edits I made funny. Does some of the video freeze up but the audio keeps going?

Post by takashichea (13,187 posts) See mini bio Level 25

@sotyfan16:

I remember the video freezing when the video has only Makoto in the screen. When it's both of you guys, it does not freeze but sometimes it lags especially for Makoto's screen. I think your screen had no lag or freeze. Overall, the video is great. I'm sure you work out the bugs for future dunce caps.

Where's my manners in that first comment? Great job on another dunce cap with another co-host!

To be honest, I watched the video for first 20 minutes or so then I had to listen it like a pod cast while doing my school work.

@takashichea:

Thanks! I don't blame you though. This one is a lot to watch. The video mostly had to do with mine cutting out and something funky with the editing. Will hopefully get it fully working next time but it worked while editing just not when it was finished.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel