Dunce Cap: I Pray For a Catgirl Charm

Topic started by sotyfan16 on Dec. 19, 2011. Last post by ShadowKnight508 2 years, 8 months ago.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Hey Vicers, it's been a while! But I'm back (for the week, at any rate)! In this episode I cover a few volumes of manga that I borrowed from a buddy. I've been holding on to them for a couple months but never got around to reading them. Anyway, today's topic is Vol. 1-3 of Omamori Himari from Yen Press! And in case you're wondering, yes, it is short.

WARNING! This video contains explicit language. Also, this video is not edited in any way.

Want to guest-host an episode of Dunce Cap? Go here!

Please feel free to provide suggestions for an anime or manga for me to talk about and I will do my best to oblige. Also, if you are curious about anything discussed in this-or previous-episode(s) don't hesitate to ask me for more information/opinions.

Last episode: We Are Robots in Disguise

-Will McQuigg ( sotyfan16) is your everyday anime/manga enthusiast. You can also find him on Twitter ( bildo_88).

Post by ReplicaRex (584 posts) See mini bio Level 18

@sotyfan16: Welcome back. This show sounds like something my friend would be interested. A 3.5 / 5 though? Ugh, is it really that bad?

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@ReplicaRex:

The manga and anime are not bad at all if you are a fan of romantic-comedy harems. I like the franchise and I think 3.5 is good. I won't read or watch anything I don't like so my reviews are always biased and positive.

Post by ReplicaRex (584 posts) See mini bio Level 18

@sotyfan16: Okay, so it's like a weighted 3.5 then. Understood.

Post by The_Desert_Tiger (1,243 posts) See mini bio Level 13

I think I'll pass on checking this manga out, I'm not really into the harem-y style manga.

Post by ShadowKnight508 (5,319 posts) See mini bio Level 19

Personally, I found this to be a entertaining harem-infused tale. The plot wasn't the best, the characters are somewhat run-of-the-mill in what you see in most ecchi/harem franchises, but at least it featured a male lead that isn't totally helpless, overly perverted, or stupid (as is typically seen in other harem-infused franchises...I'm looking at you, idiot male lead from He is My Master?, Natsuru from Kampfer, and Tomoki Sakurai from Heaven's Lost Property/Sora no Otoshimono).

I would recommend it to those who enjoy a good harem story with likable characters and a unique take on one boy's wild life after he discovers that not only is the cat he has turns out to really be a demon sword-woman and that his family was once something that stopped demons from destroying the land.

Erm...what?
Erm...what?
Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel