Dunce Cap: GlDeMo Rocks the Afterlife

Topic started by sotyfan16 on March 8, 2012. Last post by takashichea 1 year, 1 month ago.
Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

Hello Vicers! Welcome to another episode of Dunce Cap! Today's episode covers the Angel Beats! BD from Sentai Filmworks! Lots to enjoy in this one so be sure to check out the show if you haven't already and tell me what you think.

WARNING! This video contains explicit language. Also, this video is not edited in any way.

Want to guest-host an episode of Dunce Cap? Go here!

Please feel free to provide suggestions for an anime or manga for me to talk about and I will do my best to oblige. Also, if you are curious about anything discussed in this-or previous-episode(s) don't hesitate to ask me for more information/opinions.

Last episode: Exorcists Are Funny, Too!

-Will McQuigg ( sotyfan16) is your everyday anime/manga enthusiast. You can also find him on Twitter ( bildo_88).

Post by Daniel_Newton (3,237 posts) See mini bio Level 20

I watched up until you started talking about the story, need to finish it myself first. It's nice to hear that the dub is a good one, I've been watching a lot more dubs in general recently so maybe I'll watch it the series from the beginning in dubbed form. It's been months since I watched the first few episodes anyway.

Post by sotyfan16 (1,341 posts) See mini bio Level 20

@Daniel_Newton:

I think I actually did better than I thought I would on keeping away from major spoilers. But as with any of my reviews, I think they are better enjoyed if people have already seen the series. It's not too hard to do since I watched it all in a night. lol

Post by takashichea (13,219 posts) See mini bio Level 25

Hey Sotyfan16! Sorry for bumping an old thread. May I ask you to link your blog to the new Angel Beats! franchise page? Thanks.

I loved this series. I watched in back in Winter 2012. on Netflix then on Crunchyroll when I didn't know it was on CR. The dub is good, but Yuzuru Otonashi's English VA, Blake Shepard, was good at acting the comedic scenes. However, when it got to the tense and dramatic scenes, Hiroshi Kamiya was better than Blake in catching that tone.

The music in this show is unforgettable. Too bad, the anime was short and too shifty, from comedy to drama like a moodswing person.

Mandatory Network

Submissions can take several hours to be approved.

Save ChangesCancel